Through Royal Eyes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom

Nobility
City
Miami
Country
United States
What do you suppose the view from royal eyes is like? Do they experience constant camera flashes by strangers. When they travel in a car, are there always people in other cars looking at them? Are they constantly being pointed to and spoken about? What else...

Lastly, do you think you could handle these constant experiences?

Yes, I think many people GIVE a lot to become what they have become without any effort--famous.:)

Well, I don't want to sound big headed here but I recently did a job for a holiday company and I think I saw the world through Royal eyes. They had me walking around London dressed in a huge Lady Mayoress's outfit. It was bright red with gold braid all over it and was corseted at the top and then had a huge cupcake bottom. The hat was tricorn and had these vast white feathers coming out of it. From the moment I was dropped off outside the Houses of Parliament I knew it was a mistake. I was mobbed, asked every 2 minutes for a photograph in the boiling heat. Then on the second day, they drove me around London (Buckingham Palace. Big Ben etc etc) in a rickshaw and I had to wave at passers by. I really did feel like a Queen (no pun intended) and it was absolutely boiling hot. I just thought of the poor Queen being snapped all the time, asked for photographs and that endless waving. Mine was only for two days but I really sympathised with the Queen on Garter Day.

I think royals do get alot of attention because they are born special at birth. Everyone awaits their arrival.

The Princesses and Queens know they are being scrutinized as to their hairstyle, their dress, their hat or tiara. How do these royal ladies look at themselves in a mirror? Through their eyes or the eyes of the general public?

I think the situation is obviously quite different for born Royal females than for those who 'marry in'. Born royals (whether male or female) become used to staring strangers, limited opportunities to go shopping, to the cinema etc without a lot of fuss being made, and to photographers.

For those newly married to Crown Princes, senior royals etc the pressure must be dreadful. In addition to mastering the protocol and looking dignified, cheerful and interested when in public you have everyone from journalists and fashion editors to anonymous commentators on the Internet commenting on your clothing, hair and makeup. In general you have to wear clothes from your country's designers solely, too.

Of course born royals get this as well, but they do have a lifetime to get used to it and if they are women who, like the Queen, aren't particularly interested in fashion, then the public tends to accept that, not that comments cease! I would hate it, but then I like the casual look and don't like daily makeup or wearing high heels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom