Royal Death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that when we talk of Royalty we talk of their death, not their "passing". I don't know where that expression originated, but it seems as though it dulls the edge of death, as if somehow they are not totally dead. They just "passed". It sounds like a road trip!

If we shun the words "death" and "dead" we do not give ourselves permission to grieve and move on with our lives. But, when a member of Royalty dies, they are dead. No politically correct euphamisms there. Royalty are the greatest pragmatists. The King is dead, long live the King! Or at least he had better be dead or the heir could not take the throne.

Royalty mourns, celebrates the life of the loved one, bury their dead, crown his sucessor and get on with the business of life. Queen Elizabeth mourned her father, wore black and veiled her face at his funeral, but she was now the Queen and black was not an option so, once again being wonderfully pragmatic, she went forth celebrating his life in an all-white wardrobe. Just stunning, and noone was in any doubt that she was "in mourning" but, she was a Queen in mourning!

JFK's facial expression haunts me to this day...it wasn't a look of pain or anything..it was the look one gets when they hear a loud and startling noise. It was a look of genuine, quizzical surprise.
Yes, that is what I thought when I saw the morgue photos. It was the same expression he had in the photo of when he was shot. :ermm:

I believe she had a wig on. I saw the photos in magazines and newspapers. I agree it was disturbing.
The wig was lower on Princess Grace's forehead wound. It looked like it was covering her face. I think that is what made her look strange to viewers.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts rehashing the Charles, Diana and Camilla relationship have been removed as they have no relevance to this topic.

Warren
TRF Admin

It might have been very difficult & gruesome to exhibit the Princess Diana in an open casket after the violent accident that killed her instantly with a head rebuilt by embalmers. No, please ! Think that the last royals to be seen on their deathbeds were Edouard VII, Empress Elizabeth of Austria and her son Rudolf (with bandaged head and hands ) , Queen Astrid of Belgium (unrecognizable) . King Carlo of Portugal and his heir, and not the least the gory one of Princess Grace of Monaco laid out with a ghastly wig to conceal the wounds on her forehead. In 1992 we saw Grand Duke Vladimir paraded in Petersburg in an open casket but it seems to be the tradition in Russia.

It might have been very difficult & gruesome to exhibit the Princess Diana in an open casket after the violent accident that killed her instantly with a head rebuilt by embalmers. No, please ! Think that the last royals to be seen on their deathbeds were Edouard VII, Empress Elizabeth of Austria and her son Rudolf (with bandaged head and hands ) , Queen Astrid of Belgium (unrecognizable) . King Carlo of Portugal and his heir, and not the least the gory one of Princess Grace of Monaco laid out with a ghastly wig to conceal the wounds on her forehead. In 1992 we saw Grand Duke Vladimir paraded in Petersburg in an open casket but it seems to be the tradition in Russia.
Don't forget Tsar Alexander II blown half to bits with his whole family--or pretty much all of them I believe Marie of Ediburgh was in England at the time--in attendance.

It might have been very difficult & gruesome to exhibit the Princess Diana in an open casket after the violent accident that killed her instantly with a head rebuilt by embalmers. .

Diana's injuries didn't look that bad externally, she wasn't disfigured at all. And her head wasn't crushed thank god. Those who saw the Princess said she looked like she was sleeping. And yes I wish they had a closed casket for Grace she looked un-recognizable.

I've seen only one picture of Grace's lying in state, but imo she didn't appear unrecognizable at all.

She did not appear unrecognizable but I thought the photograph was "distorted" for lack of a better word. I am not squeamish but I have never liked seeing dead people, faces made up and being dressed, lying in a box and everyone saying how great the deceased looks. The deceased looks dead to me. Much better to have photographs displayed instead.

In the last 10 years I've been to 4 viewings where the person died violently. One died in a ATV accident, the other died in an industrial accident, and the other two were murdered by handguns (one was shot in the head, the other in the chest area). With the exception of the person who was shot in the chest, it was evident during the viewing that their body had suffered trauma. The makeup artist was able to minimize this effect, but you could see traces of the trauma on the body.

Only one of these people I didn't know personally. The other 3 I knew to varying degrees. Had these people been close family members or close friends, I would have probably passed out or ended up in the hospital for stress. With the exception of the person that I didn't know personally, I had nightmares about the other 3 people. Picturing what happened to them over and over again. I'm a very sensitive person to things like this.

I with end this by saying if you ever go to a viewing where someone was murdered, or died in a bad car or industrial accident, you might be very shocked by what you see.

She did not appear unrecognizable but I thought the photograph was "distorted" for lack of a better word. I am not squeamish but I have never liked seeing dead people, faces made up and being dressed, lying in a box and everyone saying how great the deceased looks. The deceased looks dead to me. Much better to have photographs displayed instead.

I agree -- I had to officially identify my father's body at the crematorium (just to make sure they were cremating the right one.) No wounds or anything like that, but unnerving because it's not a live person. It's quite different from someone just pretending to be dead (as on TV.)

When my mother died she was cremated and her remains were skipped in a urn to a cemetary in the Chicago area where she was to be laid to rest. My uncle went to the cemetary and there was an urn that arrived with her name on the box it was shipped in at the cemetary office.

In Florida I didn't have to go to the crematorium to identify my mother's body before cremation. It's not required by law or it wasn't when my mother died My uncle told them the name on the box was my mother's name. He watched when they did the interment (placing the urn in the ground). In Illinois this is required. In Florida it's not. We assumed that my mother's remains were in the urn.

Dead body does'nt represent the living man becouse once the spirite of a man leave the earhtly body body will no longer be him or her i rather to not watch the dead bodies of my beloved one becpuse i love to keep the life image of them in my mind for ever becouse we are not dying we are just moving to new dimentions !

When my mother died, my brother and I were in the hospital room standing on different sides of the bed. I saw her spirit go out of her body. It was a very peaceful experience, and it was not scary. I knew she was at peace as the last couple of years of her life she had suffered from various medical conditions which made life for her very very difficult. This was closure for both me and my brother because when my grandmother died, we saw her the day before she died and never got to say goodbye to her and this bothered me for a long time.

In the bible it says that many of the royal households in the world are related to the House of David which would make them somewhat divine or above the average person. I wonder when they die if some people have paranormal or supernatural experiences if they were close to them in this life.

Royals are often put on public display when they die (public viewing of their body).

I don't think poor Astrid looked unrecognizable. Her eyes had dark circles and I wish they didn't have that ghastly bandage around her jaw, but she looked like herself.

Just so painfully tragic and sad.:sad:

And every account I have read said that Diana looked beautiful, peaceful and lifelike.

In the last 10 years I've been to 4 viewings where the person died violently. One died in a ATV accident, the other died in an industrial accident, and the other two were murdered by handguns (one was shot in the head, the other in the chest area). With the exception of the person who was shot in the chest, it was evident during the viewing that their body had suffered trauma. The makeup artist was able to minimize this effect, but you could see traces of the trauma on the body.

Only one of these people I didn't know personally. The other 3 I knew to varying degrees. Had these people been close family members or close friends, I would have probably passed out or ended up in the hospital for stress. With the exception of the person that I didn't know personally, I had nightmares about the other 3 people. Picturing what happened to them over and over again. I'm a very sensitive person to things like this.

I with end this by saying if you ever go to a viewing where someone was murdered, or died in a bad car or industrial accident, you might be very shocked by what you see.

I am so sorry nascarlucy...that must have been horrible for you. I had a childhood friend who burned to death in a fire. After school, I walked over to the mortuary where his open coffin was on display.

The undertaker had used all his skills, but poor Darryl was not recognizable and I wish I had not seen him at all. :sad:

The most memorable ones were the deaths of princess Diana of wales,who as killed in a car accident/paparazzi chase in Paris
Princess grace of Monaco , car accident
And empress Elisabeth if Austria, who was stabbed in the heart and her corset kept her alive until they removed it and she died.
Are there any other memorable royal deaths or royals who died tragically like di and sisi?

Just think how grand duchess Elisabeth fyodorovna felt at the news her husband was blown up I'm the kremlin. And czar Alexander III at hearing his dad got blown up as well.
It seems as if Russia didn't like the Romanov family and Bolsheviks by 1917 wanted them dead.
The romanov massacre of 1918 and Also 1919

Last edited by a moderator:
The most memorable ones were the deaths of princess Diana of wales,who as killed in a car accident/paparazzi chase in Paris
Princess grace of Monaco , car accident
And empress Elisabeth if Austria, who was stabbed in the heart and her corset kept her alive until they removed it and she died.
Are there any other memorable royal deaths or royals who died tragically like di and sisi?

Queen Astrid of Belgium also died in a car accident.

I also remember Prince Friso of the Netherlands who passed away after having an accident while snow skiing.

Albert I of Belgium fell while he was rock climbing.

Frederik VIII of Denmark collapsed on a bench while he was staying incognito in Hamburg and was taken to the city mortuary before he was identified.

And King Abdullah I of Jordan was shot.

And King Abdullah I of Jordan was shot.

Not just that, assassinated right outside the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem with the teenage future King Hussein right next to him and likewise almost killed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom