Queen of Scots?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounds like an awful person. As if democracy is the be all and end all. Many institutions, actually most, are NOT democratic. In fact the world would fall apart if all things were done "democratically". Even so called democracies, whether republics or monarchies, are not actually democratic. As for the poor, you will have poor people long after you have chucked tradition. As for all people being equal, that is a myth as well, we are not born equal, and never will be. As for bowing, is it so awful to show a little respect for someone who represents the entire nation? No elected official can do that, he merely represents those who voted for him, who may not even be 50% of the public, and owes more to his political party and money backers than he does the average man in the street. I feel more sorry for the person who inherits a job he may not want, such as Prince George, than someone who will never have that job.

Besides, what can be more fair than an accident of birth?

The nations of Europe, the Middle East and Asia lost far more than they gained by overthrowing their Royal Families.

Wow, interesting article. I can see both sides of the coin. I suppose since the Queen has no power really to make things happen, there really is no need for a monarchy. Its just like here in the U.S. we have a president who is basically a figurehead and obviously has no power really to affect change unless the house of representatives agrees. I dont see the need for either if this is the case. I think that if the Queen had the authority to make change happen then right on. The only thing is, would she be a fair head of state and would she be able to make all those decisions that might not be so easy or pleasant to make? In the old days the King or Queen had the pleasure of ruling their kingdom with an iron fist or with compassion and understanding. What would it be like if it reverted back to those times?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app

Its just like here in the U.S. we have a president who is basically a figurehead and obviously has no power really to affect change unless the house of representatives agrees.

Just a note-the president has enormous power, especially if his party controls either of the chambers of the Legislature. He appoints ambassadors and directs foreign policy, nominates judges (and appoints them directly in some cases), and his administration sets law and regulations for business, manufacturing, the environment, education, and all manner of other pieces of American life.

Just a note-the president has enormous power, especially if his party controls either of the chambers of the Legislature. He appoints ambassadors and directs foreign policy, nominates judges (and appoints them directly in some cases), and his administration sets law and regulations for business, manufacturing, the environment, education, and all manner of other pieces of American life.

Also.. need to mention that the President has veto power over legislation and can also enact executive orders. He's anything but a figurehead with no power.

As a person who finds my own Scots history much more interesting than my English history, I would prefer to see them leave the UK. However, this might result in some economic woes I'm not aware of. At this point, who can tolerate any more economic woes? If they need a monarch, they might call up the oldest child of Sophie of Leichtenstein, who is a descendant of the Stuart line, very well educated, nice looking. I doubt if he would come, but he might, and he has three siblings for backup.

But they don't need a monarch unless they want to focus on their own history, which they may not. They may have more current things to do. I have learned so much history on the Royal Forums that I am grateful for its existence and for the foci who keep it functioning. But I think all adult female royals must be, by law, forced to wear skirts which hit below the knee, so that they can look like the nice ladies we used to know in yesteryear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom