Complaints

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Astrid

Commoner
Ok you know what I am really starting to dislike royals....they dont LOOK normal....I mean dont they have pimples and scars all over their bodies or have flat chests or wear hearing aids like me? Or do they have to be PERFECT looking with the BEST clothes and the LATEST stuff in everything? To me that smells like hollywood (which I DONT care for)...and the men ALWAYS have to go for the best looking girls (ie models) ....sigh cant they just date a plain looking girl NOOOO ...sigh. I used to have a crush on many of the royal guys ...but since there are so few left. Now I just plain envy the women who date them.sorry about my rant ....No fairy tales for me ever again:(

cheer up there are some unmarry royals out there that might date a women with her male magnets sagging to her knees or maybe a royals female might date a man with very bad acne. its a sad fact of life that most people are looking to find someone with the perfect look and u have to admit that some royals wouldn't have such beautful husbands or wives if they didnt have a title and money.

You're soo right on that one. Many and i say many royals and their non-royal families will have not luck in the love department without money and po$ition (the higher the better). Anf if you look at some pictures of some royal/non-royal, will you give them the time of the day if you didn't know they were who they are?:eek:

With all due respect to CP Philippe, because he seems like a very nice guy. But, a good example of these unbalanced couples (in terms of looks), I think is CP Philippe and CP Mathilde of Belgium.

Mathilde is gorgeous and Phillipe, not so much.

Look at Charles and Camilla--she is not perfect (nor is he), but she is the one he wanted. And he gave up Diana into the bargain.

They do look remarkably happy. It's too bad that the sins of his callow youth will follow the Prince of Wales, because I think he has probably matured somewhat in the last ten years, finally.

I don't think Prince Charles went for the best looking girl. He chose Camillia over Diana! Diana was beautiful! Camillia in my opinion is not very good looking.

i have agree with jil and royaltywatcher

because i dont like Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall because she not perfect! many people wont wanted her to become Queen of England but im glad to kept Diana's legacy.

but im really like Diana very much and im wishes she was here and she was People's Princess and she was Queen's Hearts but i think many people wanted to kept Diana's legacy since her death in 1997

i knew about Diana recalled Camilla in the taboilds because she recalled her as rotweiller and lots of more and HM Queen dont like Diana very much! how pity of Diana!

Sara Boyce

we cannot accuse princes Friso and Constantijn of The Netherlands of getting gorgeous wives either. Or Martha-Louise, Cristina, Elena, Anne, the Duke of York etc etc.

Marengo said:
we cannot accuse princes Friso and Constantijn of The Netherlands of getting gorgeous wives either. Or Martha-Louise, Cristina, Elena, Anne, the Duke of York etc etc.

Infanta Cristina's husband, Inaki, is cute! I agree with you on the other ones though...:(

Queen Astrid said:
Ok you know what I am really starting to dislike royals....they dont LOOK normal....I mean dont they have pimples and scars all over their bodies or have flat chests or wear hearing aids like me? Or do they have to be PERFECT looking with the BEST clothes and the LATEST stuff in everything? To me that smells like hollywood (which I DONT care for)...and the men ALWAYS have to go for the best looking girls (ie models) ....sigh cant they just date a plain looking girl NOOOO ...sigh. I used to have a crush on many of the royal guys ...but since there are so few left. Now I just plain envy the women who date them.sorry about my rant ....No fairy tales for me ever again:(

so, I take it you will soon be cancelling your membership with this forum?

I dont know .......I know a lot of things that would hurt the royals and other people who know them or like them....but I have been warned and ...nevermind

sara1981 said:
i have agree with jil and royaltywatcher

because i dont like Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall because she not perfect! many people wont wanted her to become Queen of England but im glad to kept Diana's legacy.

Sara Boyce
So you don't like Camilla, because she is not Perfect..and suprise suprise Diana wasn't perfect either. NOBODY IS PERFECT! Diana wasn't, Camilla isn't, Mary isn't, Maxima isn't and I can kep coming up with names rest the day, and tomorrow and on Friday...

Last edited:
just because you're not perfect, it doesn't mean that you have to hate the ones that do look perfect. nothing in this world is perfect. yes, diana was pretty and gorgeous but she also suffered from bulimia. i dont know about you, but i would rather be unfortunate looking than be someone with psychological problems.

Quite frankly I don't think any of these royals are perfect. They have whole profesional teams working with them to achieve a good look! If you took away the HRH's, the money and put them on the street like every other Joe shmoe they'd be simply normal and possibly unkept like the rest of the world.

lashinka2002 said:
Quite frankly I don't think any of these royals are perfect. They have whole profesional teams working with them to achieve a good look! If you took away the HRH's, the money and put them on the street like every other Joe shmoe they'd be simply normal and possibly unkept like the rest of the world.
But the fact is they are not on the street like every other Joe Shmoe. Yes, they are just the same as us, but quite different at the same time. Different enough to devote a whole Message Board to discuss them!

Warren said:
But the fact is they are not on the street like every other Joe Shmoe. Yes, they are just the same as us, but quite different at the same time. Different enough to devote a whole Message Board to discuss them!

Huzzah!! Well said Warren. There is no shame in humility, and to recognise the undeniable differences which exist. This is a world of great disparity, where we as humans fit ourselves into a social heirachy where we are better off than some, and others are better off than us.

Warren said:
Warren, I understand what you are saying but there really is no pleasing anyone on this topic. What I was trying to get across was that just because these royals may look perfect doesn't mean that they are perfect. Physical features, the face, weight, clothing all of those things can be worked on and you can be made to look perfect almost like a facade but other aspects of thier lives they may struggle with. Everyone has a physical attribute that bothers them or that they probably wish they could change but I mean why would they share this with the public? There are other things that these perfectly groomed royals may struggle with; for example CP Victoria and Madeline are reported to be dyslexic (spelling?), Princess Beatrice struggles with dyslexia as well. Princess Eugeine has had painful back surgery for scoliosis at a very young age, Diana's emotional troubles - she hid that fairly well for a while didn't she but oh yes...she did look perfect didn't she. All of these princesses at first glance seem rather perfect don't they?? Princess Carolines hair fell out which many people if they want to be cruel can call that unattractive, people consider Princess Stephanie beautiful but I've also read remarks of some saying she's rather boyish and her shoulder are to broad like a man's...It seems the princess of Luxembourg struggles somewhat with her weight but then who knows maybe there's a medical reason behind it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that these Royals are expected to be role models and therefore try to look & act perfectly to the public, but just because they look it and act it doesn't mean that they are or that it comes easily to them. Just my opinion!

Queen Astrid said:
They look perfect because they seem to manage their appearance to be looks perfect (by using many facilities provided for it) but I think many people aware that their life is not as perfect as some people think... I think they also have some major problem in their private life..I heard a rumour about a royal who ever tried (or think about) to suicide himself because can not be what he likes to be. Not every royal famouse but I believe that Hellen Keller was/is and will always be a very famouse lady. Be courage, one day you will find your own fairy tales:).

lashinka2002 said:
Warren, I understand what you are saying but there really is no pleasing anyone on this topic. What I was trying to get across was that just because these royals may look perfect doesn't mean that they are perfect.
The notion of "Perfect Princesses" is questionable in itself, and is probably a modern concept given to us by the media at the height of the Diana era; then continued and encouraged by the magazine industry which enjoys "setting them up and knocking them down". There seems to be an unhealthy preoccupation with physical appearance, but that's nothing new; see Helen of Troy, for example, as "the face that launched a thousand ships" and a long war.

We like to have our heroes and heroines, and to "look up" to certain public figures, and we all have our favourites. Most of us are aware that we only see a public persona and have basically no idea of "what they are really like". But there are always some who lose perspective and become emotionally attached. Take it to extremes and you get a stalker.

The trouble with creating a "Perfect Princess" is what happens if they are found to have feet of clay, and that in fact they weren't "perfect". To use the most famous example, some have trouble recognising that Diana was not "perfect", although it would be reassuring to believe that she was. Life, and people, aren't so black and white.

For the rest of us, a "Perfect Princess" will be glamourous and do good works, but she will also have a human side and big or little faults. So she is non-perfect, just like us, but we will still choose to admire her from a distance because it is the human characteristics that make her more real, and therefore give us something we feel we can relate to.

Imo there are no perfect people princesses or not. We are all humans with our own problems and dislikes. I'm sure that each princess if asked would have something they disliked about themselves. Just like the rest to of us. As for looks with enough moneywe could all look well put together. I don't think these women wake up looking like that.

Imo there are no perfect people princesses or not. We are all humans with our own problems and dislikes. I'm sure that each princess if asked would have something they disliked about themselves. Just like the rest to of us. As for looks with enough moneywe could all look well put together. I don't think these women wake up looking like that.

Well said! Everyone in the world has at least one thing that they don't like about themselves, whether it is a weight problem, a skin problem, big noses, fat lips, etc. I agree that these princesses, although most are naturally pretty, don't look glamorous and perfect all the time. For instance, we've seen a good many pictures of Crown Princess Mette-Marit where she was makeup-less, had bad skin, etc. But she's still a pretty woman, and Haakon obviously still loves her. I don't think that all royalty is naturally perfect. Look at the royals in the past, Queen Victoria and Edward VII had weight problems, George VI stuttered and had knock-knees. Even among royalty today, there are flaws. Prince Albert of Monaco is almost bald, Prince Charles inherited his grandfather's knock-knees, and there are more than a couple of royals out there who have had plastic surgery to fix what they thought were flaws, because they obviously have more than enough money to do it. But there are also regular people who get plastic surgery too, so that is absolutely normal.

But, anyway, to answer the question, royalty aren't always perfect and great-looking, and, as a matter of fact, neither are Hollywood stars! (Ms. Spears is a perfect example... there are many tabloid pics of her going in public bathrooms barefoot, with acne, etc.)

There are no 'perfect' princesses- they all have faults!

Letizia's nose is large, and she can often look cool or stern (unintentionally, I think)
Mette-Marit often has poor posture, particularly in her eveningwear.
Máxima is heavier than the average gaunt hollywood actress (a good thing!)
Camilla is older and wrinkled and stuff
Mary...I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I know there are some

These are examples of things that have been said about those ladies- I am not attacking anyone! I like them.
These are just examples- the royals are NOT perfect, but for them, often they are expected to act like they are!

There are no 'perfect' princesses- they all have faults!

Letizia's nose is large, and she can often look cool or stern (unintentionally, I think)
Mette-Marit often has poor posture, particularly in her eveningwear.
Máxima is heavier than the average gaunt hollywood actress (a good thing!)
Camilla is older and wrinkled and stuff
Mary...I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I know there are some

These are examples of things that have been said about those ladies- I am not attacking anyone! I like them.
These are just examples- the royals are NOT perfect, but for them, often they are expected to act like they are!

exactly. i would also like to add Mary was heavier before getting together with federick but lost weight after. Mathilde has the same poor posture that Mette-Marit has. So no one is perfect but royals are expected to act like they are.

Looks are not everything people fail to realize that I go by looks sometimes myself instead of going at the personality and what this person could do for me emotionally or someday physically. Like it has be said numerous times in this thread no one is perfect we all have imperfections when it comes to your looks even some traits in your personalities.

Well...I think that these last times Royals are not the beatiful princes and princess they used to be. This is true..Maybe our era reflects in our dirigence's faces! :lol::angel: However, the new generation seems to be worth enough, but sometimes beatiful angellic babies could turn into monstruous persons! :ROFLMAO: There is a sentence in our country that saids that if you are a cutie pie when a baby you'll be an ugly beast as a man/woman...But we can only wonder here.

As for the Camilla's thing, we doesn't marry for the other person has a nice face and body. We marry him/her for we love him/her. Prince Charles doesn't love the beatiful Lady Diana and rather wanted to pass his life with another woman, by far not so beatiful. But before my eyes, this proves he loves her.

Vanesa.

Well...I think that these last times Royals are not the beatiful princes and princess they used to be. This is true..Maybe our era reflects in our dirigence's faces! :lol::angel: However, the new generation seems to be worth enough, but sometimes beatiful angellic babies could turn into monstruous persons! :ROFLMAO:
Are you thinking of someone in particular?...:lol:

Vanesa said:
Prince Charles doesn't love the beatiful Lady Diana and rather wanted to pass his life with another woman, by far not so beatiful.

Diana had her faults too- sometimes people (I'm not saying you in this!) want to cast Diana as this perfect person, and Camilla as the evil....rottweiler. But Diana had her faults too.

Dont you think you are being a little too dramatic about this? Royals are in the constant eye of the media and the public. They have to put their best face forward at all times. Similar to Hollywood? Maybe so, but that is the life they lead because we as "commoners" want and expect to see royals as elegant, well mannered and beautiful. Its all a facade girl. Dont you see that? They lead a life that we will never have unless for some reason a miracle happens. You cannot be so obsessed with how they look , who they marry and how they dress. They are people that are taught from birth to be who they are. The only difference is that they have titles and more money than us regular folk. Accept it. Dont base your life and your qualities on people that are living in a world we will probably never experience. Be happy with who you are. There are alot of people who would give anything to live that fairytale life, I would , but I know I cant go into depression knowing it probably wouldnt happen. Thats not logical. Enjoy who YOU are.:flowers:

I would actually only place a handful of these royals in the category of handsome or beautiful. I think the majority of us have somewhat tainted minds about these royals. In many regards these royals are placed on pedestals. And beauty is often associated with royalty. But in reality very few of them would turn heads if they were not King/Queen Fill in the blank, Prince/Princess Fill in the blank. For example, back in 2005 just after Prince Sverre was born, I was anxious one day to log in and see the new pictures of the family. My mom happened to be in the room and she came over to look at the pictures as well. Her impressions of Mette-Marit were not thoughts of beauty in any way. My point is that since many of us here know exactly who these royals are we tend to look at them differently and we automatically view them to be better than the average person. But someone that doesn't have a clue who they are looking at might have a different opinion of that royal's looks.

Despite many of these royals falling short in the looks department they have many other advantages that help them all out: great hairstyles, nice clothes, expensive make-up, and pricey jewelry. With all those things in a person's favor, anyone can look handsome/beautiful.

Another thing that I think may be the secret beauty weapon for some of these royals is confidence. Some of them, certainly not all, just walk and conduct themselves with a very high level of confidence which makes them look even better to us.

I would actually only place a handful of these royals in the category of handsome or beautiful. I think the majority of us have somewhat tainted minds about these royals. In many regards these royals are placed on pedestals. And beauty is often associated with royalty. But in reality very few of them would turn heads if they were not King/Queen Fill in the blank, Prince/Princess Fill in the blank. For example, back in 2005 just after Prince Sverre was born, I was anxious one day to log in and see the new pictures of the family. My mom happened to be in the room and she came over to look at the pictures as well. Her impressions of Mette-Marit were not thoughts of beauty in any way. My point is that since many of us here know exactly who these royals are we tend to look at them differently and we automatically view them to be better than the average person. But someone that doesn't have a clue who they are looking at might have a different opinion of that royal's looks

Despite many of these royals falling short in the looks department they have many other advantages that help them all out: great hairstyles, nice clothes, expensive make-up, and pricey jewelry. With all those things in a person's favor, anyone can look handsome/beautiful.

Another thing that I think may be the secret beauty weapon for some of these royals is confidence. Some of them, certainly not all, just walk and conduct themselves with a very high level of confidence which makes them look even better to us.
Well put Aurora. You are quite correct.:flowers:

With all due respect to CP Philippe, because he seems like a very nice guy. But, a good example of these unbalanced couples (in terms of looks), I think is CP Philippe and CP Mathilde of Belgium.

Mathilde is gorgeous and Phillipe, not so much.

think if his nephew amedeo married a plain looker....poor girl would have a compex from her own husband:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom