Australian Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Australian

Heir Presumptive
City
Perth
Country
Australia
Since Australia doesnt have its OWN royal family, if we did, who would you choose to make up the royal family? Choose current monarchs of other countries to answer

For me:

King Of Australia- King Carl-Philip Gustav of Sweden ( he has impressed me of late)
Queen of Australia- Margrethe of Denmark or Silvia of Sweden
Princess of Australia- Mary of Denmark of course
Prince of AUstralia- Fred of Denmark
Princess of Australia- Madeleine of Sweden
Prince of Australia- Carl Philip of Sweden

Behold- the royal family of Australia hahahahahaha

But serously if Australia did have its own monarchy it would probably be the same age as the Norwegian monarchy in my opinion

As the Queen is still our Head of State, I would like to see one of the royal family as governor-general - Prince Michael of Kent, maybe, then he could bring Lord Freddie and Lady Ella with him. :)

No Princess Michael, the people´s Princess? :(

no i dont want any of the British family, the Europeans are much more warm lol

Sophie of Wessex is fine- the only one i actually like on the british royal family

Last edited by a moderator:
She can come too - I have no problem with Princess Michael :)

No! no Princess Michael!!! never on Australian soil will she enter hahahahaa

Too late - your plan has been foiled! She actually lived in Australia for a short time. :D But to make you happy, if you don't want British royals, I'd choose Frederik and Mary to be King and Queen!

King - Abdullah of Jordan
Queen - Rania
Prince - Fred of Denmark
Princess - Mary

or

For Gov. Gen - Prince Andrew (& he can bring Fergie any time)!

Maybe Mary would be the Princess of Tasmania!

the British royals are too scandalous...so they can stay away ^__^ but i wouldn't mind the Crown PRince being one of the Luxebourg princes ^__^

Dennism said:
Maybe Mary would be the Princess of Tasmania!
Tasmania is a state of Australia, so she would be Princess of Australia...but i wouldn't mind if each state had its own princess, then i can be Princess of New South Wales!!! ^___________^

Yes, you´re right. But for some reason Princess Madeleine of Bondi Beach sounds right though...

hillary_nugent said:
Tasmania is a state of Australia, so she would be Princess of Australia...but i wouldn't mind if each state had its own princess, then i can be Princess of New South Wales!!! ^___________^
Noooo. What about me? I'll just have to be Queen of Sydney. :p

awwww...i want to be Queen of Sydney...hm...so how do we decide....hahaha heads or tails? ^__^ hahaha

Dennism said:
Yes, you´re right. But for some reason Princess Madeleine of Bondi Beach sounds right though...
She would be a suitable princess for Bondi since she loves her tan and so does everyone in Bondi!!! :D

Princess Alexandra of Britain.....She is a favourite princess and she has done well her duty. It will be great if she become Australian Princess.

You Australians will just have to live with it - Mary is ours now :p ;)

But if you are patient, I think it can be arranged to get one of their off springs as head of state in Australia :rolleyes:

muhahahahaha...you wait at see....we've got a scheme to get back out Mary :p

hehehe...nah....i don't think MAry would want to come back to Australia permanently...she needs her Fred and Denmark needs Fred so she'll stay there :eek:

One of Frederik and Mary's future offspring as King/Queen - that's a good idea! Then they'll be half-Australian!! By the way, I claim the title Queen of Victoria, Duchess of Melbourne and Countess of Chadstone (aka Chaddy - because I love shopping there). Hehehehe! :D

Australian crown

I am going to make an Australian royal family,haha I am making myself Crown Prince. I need a crown princess,
Duke and Duchess of Melbourne, and Adelaide
Count and Countess of Queensland and Perth
Ducke and Duchess of Tasmania

and King and Queen of Australia

Any takers? hahahaha

Yeah ok, We need a Duke and Duchess of Sydney and Brisbane of course lol

But i do wish we had our own monarchy, so we could be represented at royal weddings etc

G-g

Australian said:
But I do wish we had our own monarchy, so we could be represented at Royal weddings etc

Agreed, but in the meantime the Governor-General usually represents us at Royal weddings; eg he attended the wedding of Mary & Frederik, and he will be going to Windsor for the Charles and Camilla wedding.

Australian said:
Yeah ok, We need a Duke and Duchess of Sydney and Brisbane of course lol

But i do wish we had our own monarchy, so we could be represented at royal weddings etc

I heard that when CP Frederik and CP Mary was vissiting Australia alot of Aussis said that woud like to be under the Danish crown insted of the British is that tru ?

Windsor or S-H-S-G?

H.M. Margrethe said:
I heard that when CP Frederik and CP Mary was visiting Australia a lot of Aussies said that woud like to be under the Danish crown insted of the British; is that true ?

Although Mary and Frederik were a big hit, the suggestion that the Danish RF would be more appropriate for us than the House of Windsor was put forward by republicans trying to embarass the Prince of Wales, who was here at the same time.

I can imagine that a lot of Australian's may have said this, but the chances of this having are non-existant.

Australians voted in a refferendum at the end of the 1990's to vote on whether they wanted to be a Republic rather than a constitutional monarchy as we are now. The refferendum was not successful, hence why we still have a British head of state.

Vik :)
H.M. Margrethe said:
I heard that when CP Frederik and CP Mary was vissiting Australia alot of Aussis said that woud like to be under the Danish crown insted of the British is that tru ?

I think I have said this before, but I wouldn't mind being Queen/Princess Danielle of Sydney. :)

aww...boo...Danielle bagged it before me i was hoping to claim the title of Duchess of Sydney but oh well...Princess of NSW is almost as good ^___^

H.M. Margrethe said:

i would like that ^___^ i think many Australians feel the same way too! i so don't want Charles to be our king...

I agree with you hillary I don't want Charles to be king of Australia either.

On the subject of an Australian royal family I think it would be a good idea if we held a vote. We would pick members of the British royal family and vote on which ones should be king and queen of Australia and after the queen dies we could formally ask them to start up an Australian royal family.

My suggestion would be that if Australia needs to pick up a Royal Family they should go with Mary and Fred. Then, when they have a second kid he or she would take over in time.

Right,

King of Australia - Hugh Jackman
Queen of Australia - Nicole Kidman
Crown Princess of Australia - Cate Blanchett
King Mother of Australia - Dame Joan Sutherland
Lady Canberra - Naomi Watts
Countess of Melbourne, born Princess of Victoria - Kylie Minogue
Dowager Countess of Melbourne, born Princess of Moonee Ponds - Dame Edna.
Duke & Duchess of Sydney - Geoffrey Rush & Judi Davis
Lord Bondi - 1st Earl of Darling Harbour - Russell Crowe
Duke of Perth - Heath Ledger
Count of Brisbane, Earl of the Sunshine Coast - Richard Roxburgh
Sir Outback, 1st Lord of Uluru - Keith Urban
Lord Hobart, 1st Earl of Tasmania - Eric Bana
Sir Adelaide - 1st Baron of South Australia - Mel Gibson

"MII"

I have just allocated titles to people. They may or may not hold any significant or sentimental meanning.

Margrethe II said:
Right,

Dowager Countess of Melbourne, born Princess of Moonee Ponds - Dame Edna.

Well then we better get prepared for one hell of a drama queen of a Countess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom