Athletic Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Amedeo of Belgium :wub: :

Gezin Prinses Astrid geniet van dagje aan zee -

That was taken on a vacation with his family. First time to see a shirtless pic of him...He is really cute and handsome, I totally like his sexy back, and he is even sexier with a hat and an empty plastic cup in his mouth! :wub: :ROFLMAO:
Oh, I totaly agree to this! I'm adding him to my list! I'm torn betweem him and Philippos I must say:ROFLMAO: Amedeo has the same body as his father, and I would say Prince Lorenz looks quite alright for his age :)

Oh, I totaly agree to this! I'm adding him to my list! I'm torn betweem him and Philippos I must say:ROFLMAO: Amedeo has the same body as his father, and I would say Prince Lorenz looks quite alright for his age :)

Thanks! He is really cute too, he really looks like Archduke Lorenz :)

women
princess Diana
princess Maxima
princess Leticia
princess Mette marit

men
prince Haakon of Norway
prince William of Wales

Princess Charlene of Monaco
Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Princess Madeleine of Sweden

For men, I like the face - the looks - of Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands - unfortunately he is not paying attention to his whole body. :p Oh well - but that face is so sweet.

Last edited:
.............no, no, I say it not .......don´t worry ........

Men: Harry & William of UK and Haakon of Norway
Women: Charlotte Casiraghi

I can't really say I can't really judge which royal has the best body but I do love them all because they are thin and need to be thin to look good in the gowns and suits.

Maybe not *the* most athletic, but i think Queen Maxima deserves an honorable mention for completing a dutch canal swimming course in 2012 (fundraising for the disease ALS).
King WA completed the eleven-cities-iceskating tour in his youth (ca 200km!)

and ofcourse P.Charlene's swimming career is well known..

I think, for me, the royal that stands out in my mind as being the most physically fit and is very much athletic would be Harry.

Harry, indeed. His body is in top shape right now.
Princess Alexandra springs to mind too. She really seems to take figure skating quite seriously.

Victoria also seems to be a very fit and strong woman and so does Maxima.

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark completing an Ironman shouldn't go unnoticed.

Maybe not *the* most athletic, but i think Queen Maxima deserves an honorable mention for completing a dutch canal swimming course in 2012 (fundraising for the disease ALS).
King WA completed the eleven-cities-iceskating tour in his youth (ca 200km!)

I donno about athletic accomplishments..
But appearance-wise, Willem Alexander is the most un-athletic royal, I guess. Even Maxima is no less. Not a big deal though, some bodies are just made up that way, how much ever fit they are..

If you talk about physicality, I would think maybe Frederick. However, if you talk about strength of skill and technique, I absolutely have to say King Baudouin of the Belgians (you know - my guy ;))

The following extract has been taken from the New World Atlas of Golf.

"No royal family has taken a livelier interest in golf than the Belgian. King Baudouin has represented his country in international matches, a unique distinction for a reigning monarch."

Baudouin was good enough to play the pro-am circuit. He played rain or shine.

Newsreel footage of Baudouin playing in a tournament (if the reel doesn't show, just click in the white space where it should be and it'll show up)

He was also a fan of fast cars and had an Aston Martin DB2/4. Additionally, he had a Porsche 356 Spyder and was a fan of Maserati as well. I hear he liked motorcycles too, but don't have a picture of him actually on one. His beautiful Aston Martin was restored and recently sold at auction in Europe for a lot of money. Estimates were that it would be between €200,000 – 240,000.

He enjoyed snow skiing, tennis, fishing, hiking, etc. Hiking in particular allowed him to engage in his other passion, photography. He was always game for trying out various sport disciplines. His grandfather was the one who was killed while mountain climbing, so they all were pretty active. I also found information that he qualified for and received his pilot's license.

He also had interest in astronomy and not only hosted the Apollo 10 crew and their wives but also attended the launch in Florida. And, of course, he often played chess and billiards with Philippe and Fabiola.

Then, he had a life-long passion for and commitment to scouting and remained active throughout his life in scouting events an mentoring. This is no better evidenced than by the Scouts of Belgium that showed their love for Baudouin at his funeral.

But, you gotta love Fabiola's sense of sportiness. I think about the only sport she did (besides billiards and very minor cycling) was spinning records on their player. :lol: :ermm:

One small note about all of this...Baudouin suffered from sciatic nerve flare-ups and later would advise his close assistants and house staff to never get into golf because it will ruin your back.

Together, they mainly did the billiards and walking, boating, swimming and bicycling in Motril. In the mid-sixties, their boat, the Avila was built and while it is sort of a yacht, it was very much a working ship as well. Not fancy at all. Certainly not like Albert's or Juan Carlos' ships. They did, however, go on many many vacations with Juan Carlos and Sofia on their boat. One thing I really like about Baudouin was that he had these interests early in life and maintained them throughout. I read that Baudouin taught Fabiola to swim - despite her growing up in a warmer climate, she could not swim and never put her bathing suit on as a young person.

Last edited:
I donno about athletic accomplishments..
But appearance-wise, Willem Alexander is the most un-athletic royal, I guess. Even Maxima is no less. Not a big deal though, some bodies are just made up that way, how much ever fit they are..

ehm..yes, I have to agree :lol:
Apart from the eleven-cities-skate he was known more for the partying after sportsevents than sport itself ;)

I have to agree with Prince Harry though, wouldn't have thought it a couple of years ago, but he is *very* fit

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark completing an Ironman shouldn't go unnoticed.

Yes, an Ironman is pretty hard to beat :cool:

Maybe not the most athletic royal, but I do want to add his wife too, Mary is pretty sporty and fit as well when she and Frederik runs around in the streets
https://sphotos-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1231625_536543219750780_854445325_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1185920_536543316417437_875728708_n.jpg

And last year she completed the two kilometers long swimming competition "Christiansborg Around" in the time 35 minuttes.

Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg also seems to be in good shape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom