Are Royal born princesses more accepted?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are Royal born princesses more accepted?

• Yes

Votes: 178 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 85 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that it depends on just how "commoner" they are.

Crown Princess Mathilde and Diana, Princess of Wales were both born into nobility, which I think gave them the best position one could enter the press in: already posessing the etiquette and manners necessary for the position, but still a fresh face who knows what it's like to have a 9 to 5 job. Crown Princess Mette-Marit had a bigger obstacle, I think, being a single mother.

The line between the two is getting a bit blurrier anyways. For every poised, private former commoner, like the Princess of Asturias, there is a hell raising Princess Stephanie!

are Royal born princesses more accepted?

The position of a royal princess is unique. The criticism and the support go to both cases. Since the post second war ,the royal world has been accepted the possibility of communer additions (first from the nobility_ Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon arrived to the Abbey with a police guard- then came Princess Grace, queen Silvia and queen Sonia). The most important is the individual, her background, the support of the families and of course the love of the couple. The Monarchy is based on tradition; the rule that a prince must marry in the royal circle has been part of this. Now certain grade of change is coming with the new age as the princes met the people of different levels. So welcome the new princess who takes care of this old institution with love, grace, elegance, diplomacy and the knowing of their role. Perhaps the future gives us cases of royal :rose2:consort queens born as royal ladies. It will be nice.

I do wish to ask a question in regards to this poll. More accepted by whom? other Royals? The international community? or the people of their particular country? Princess Diana, Princess Grace were both widely accepted especially on an international level. Among Nobilities it is usually more difficult for a male marrying in or being adopted. In general once the parents/ font of the house approve a union of a female to their son and title her, she is fully accepted. They would not approve nor support the marriage taking place if they did not deem the bride suitable. Males marrying into the family ( unless already Royal by blood) will generally have a harder time of it. In direct line to the throne unions in many cases past, fertility of course has been an issue. In past many Monarchs have had marriages anulled and re- married when consort could not produce an heir.

I do think they are.There are a lot of up sides to royals marrying other royals.Like they know what its like to be royal and the ups and downs to it.So they dont need "time" to see what the life is like and to enjoy the last years of "normal" life,before they get married.

unfortunately its true....
although princesses marrying into the royal family often have a more prominent role, the get a lot of flak

I have to agree with the question of "accepted by whom"? I know the most popular princesses I hear about are the one's who have married into it. Princess Anne of England isn't well liked by many people, but then again not being popular doesn't necessarily mean you aren't accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom