2007 State Visits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have an official list of State Visits. Any others that have been announced ?

Norway
Finland-State Visit
Germany-State Visit
South Korea- Crown Prince and Crown Princess
Chile-Crown Prince and Crown Princess
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/531633-post188.html

Sweden
Denmark-State Visit http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/state-visit-sweden-9-11-may-2007-a-11619.html
Netherlands-Crown Princess

United Kingdom
United States-State Visit
Uganda-Commonwealth Head of Government Meeting
The Netherlands-Official Visit http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/queen-elizabeth-prince-philip-visit-netherlands-feb-2007-a-11637.html

Last edited:
The Netherlands-Non State Visit (anyone know the correct term)
It's just called an Official Visit.

it's a shame state visits can only happen once in a reign... :(

i'd love to see a danish-norwegian, a dutch-spanish, a moroccan-jordan (specially!) belgium-dutch or a danish-spanish visit.

perhaps we can also start posting the state-official visits that we know already that will happen?

SO FAR...

(list taken from Oppie and kwanfan's post)

Sweden
Denmark-State Visit State visit from Sweden 9-11 May 2007

United Kingdom
The Netherlands-Official Visit Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip to visit The Netherlands Feb 2007

The Netherlands

Princes Victoria visits the Netherlands (March)

Norway

Harald & Sonja to Finland & Germany
Haakon & Mette-Marit to South Korea and Chile

anything else?

Last edited:
The Netherlands
Turkey-State Visit (Queen, Prince of Orange and Princess Maxima) http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/state-visit-turkey-11802.html

Norway
Finland-State Visit
Germany-State Visit
South Korea- Crown Prince and Crown Princess
Chile-Crown Prince and Crown Princess
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3-post188.html

Sweden
Denmark-State Visit State visit from Sweden 9-11 May 2007
Netherlands-Crown Princess

United Kingdom
The Netherlands-Official Visit Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip to visit The Netherlands Feb 2007

Is it a rule that a monach could have just one state visit ? Is it a matter of budget or what?so we never see queen elizabeth in tiara in spain?
please someone kindly make list of those state visit that are left.

Queen Margerethe II of Denmark has made two state Visits to Great Britain during the Reign of Elizabeth II. And King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway have paid a state visit to Scotland and England seperatley, is that considered Great Britain?...

I don't know about other countries but in the case of the UK state visit are decided with the Foreign Affairs Office. State Visit are not just monarchs visiting each other but usually accompained with a governmental delgation.

With the three overseas visits the Queen is going in three different roles
Netherlands-Head of the Church of England
Uganda-Head of the Commonwealth
United States-Head of State of the United Kingdom
(if there was a visit to for example Australia then that for example would be a royal visit since the Queen is also the Head of State of Australia)

Are there any state visits for the Belgian Royal Family or the Danish Royal Family yet?

Huddo said:
Queen Margerethe II of Denmark has made two state Visits to Great Britain during the Reign of Elizabeth II. And King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway have paid a state visit to Scotland and England seperatley, is that considered Great Britain?...
England consist of several cities in Britain such as London.England and Scotland is part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland since the United Kingdom (UK) is a political union made up of four constituent countries : England , Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland.More information about the United Kingdom > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_of_Great_Britain_%26_Northern_Ireland

London, England, Northern Ireland and Scotland are nations within the United Kingdom. Margrethe and Harald paid official visits to Scotland but their State Visits were to the whole of the UK.

Spanish / British

Point de Vue said that the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg will make a state visit to Belgium in either 20-22 February or 20-22 March, can't remember which...should be exciting...

mybags said:
Point de Vue said that the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg will make a state visit to Belgium in either 20-22 February or 20-22 March, can't remember which...should be exciting...

Oooohhhh that'd be wonderful! I'm sure it'd be a great visit and we'll get lots of pictures. Thanks for the info mybags. :flowers:

BeatrixFan said:
London, England, Northern Ireland and Scotland are nations within the United Kingdom. Margrethe and Harald paid official visits to Scotland but their State Visits were to the whole of the UK.

London is not a home nation, it is the capital city of The United Kingdom - a country made up of four home nations: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

There are no such events as a State Visit to Scotland, or Wales - State Visits are paid to the United Kingdom no matter where the events are hosted.

I would like to see the Danish royals visiting the Spanish Royal Family! I know that King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia have made a state visit to Denmark, but not sure about the opposite.

Where do the royals stay on state visits?
For example : Say the Dutch royals visit Denmark where do the stay the Palace or a Hotel?

is there any state visits this fall comming or going

Queen Beatrix, Willem-Alexander and Maxima are going to visit India in september. But I can't say exactly when.

I'd like to see Margrethe, Frederik and Mary making a state visit to south-american countries...

I want a

British/Danish ( The danish royals paying a visit to the house of Windsor)
Dutch/Danish ( The danish royals paying a visit to the house of Oranje)
Spanish/Danish ( The danish royals paying a visit to the Spain)
.. or vice versa of course ..

:flowers:

I would like to see the Danish royals visiting the Spanish Royal Family! I know that King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia have made a state visit to Denmark, but not sure about the opposite.

Margrethe and Henri visited Spain in 1983.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom