Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist's Pre-Wedding Dinner: June 12, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Pre-Wedding Dinner
of
Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist

Carl%20Philip%20and%20Sofia%20Monogram_zpso7uie7ep.png

June 12, 2015

Notification:

this thread is dedicated to the wedding celebrations of Prince Carl Philip and his wife-to-be. We understand that people had and have doubts about the bride's suitability for her role and feel rather strongly about it. However this is NOT the right thread to discuss these doubts, there is already a thread for that here.

Posts that rehash the 'suitability' debate will be deleted from this thread. Please regard this message as a notification of any possible deletion. The same goes for repeated negativity and posts that serve an agenda.

We also like to remind you all that when a post is deemed offensive there is a 'report' button; please use it and do not get involved in another fight.

Thank you.

Marengo,

on behalf of the Swedish moderators.

Last edited:
According to Aftonbladet, 274 guests have been invited to the private dinner this evening.
Margareta Thorgren: "The ship goes from there at 18 and then there is an event that is supposed to be a surprise for the guests. None of them know where the journey takes them".
Så blir festen i kväll _ Prinsbröllopet _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

According to the calendar of the danish court, crown prince Frederik participates at bicycling race Vätternrundan this evening.
http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/kalender/...vattern-rundt-der-i-ar-fejrer-50-ars-jubilaum
Frederik's race starts at 19.30, and he isn't attending at the dinner.
Kronprins Frederik cyklar Vätternrundan i kväll _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Carl Philip's teammate, the champion of STCC Thed Björk (Bang-Melchior) leaving the hotel to go to wait for the boat
http://media.shootitlive.com/2yCRmlAELusYWBUYO47qDT0rmk3/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1940
Thed Björk with Carl Philip's friends Carl and Ida Almgren
http://media.shootitlive.com/LpbogdePcBKwOOlAmSobCX6g1kM/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1940

Live-TV's of the guests arriving to the ship and photogalleries which will be updated
Prins Carl Philips och Sofias bröllop | Nyheter | Expressen
Så blir festen i kväll | Prinsbröllopet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the dresscode for tonight i have seen short dresses no long yet

According to Aftonbladet, 274 guests have been invited to the private dinner this evening.
Margareta Thorgren: "The ship goes from there at 18 and then there is an event that is supposed to be a surprise for the guests. None of them know where the journey takes them".
Så blir festen i kväll _ Prinsbröllopet _ Nyheter _ Aftonbladet

According to the calendar of the danish court, crown prince Frederik participates at bicycling race Vätternrundan this evening.
H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i cykelløbet "Vättern Rundt", der i år fejrer 50 års jubilæum - Kongehuset
Frederik's race starts at 19.30, and he isn't attending at the dinner.
Kronprins Frederik cyklar Vätternrundan i kväll _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Carl Philip's teammate, the champion of STCC Thed Björk (Bang-Melchior) leaving the hotel to go to wait for the boat
http://media.shootitlive.com/2yCRmlAELusYWBUYO47qDT0rmk3/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1940
Thed Björk with Carl Philip's friends Carl and Ida Almgren
http://media.shootitlive.com/LpbogdePcBKwOOlAmSobCX6g1kM/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1940

Thanks, LadyFinn :flowers:

According to Billed Bladet Mary will attend the dinner tonight while Frederik will pedal around half the Swedish countryside.
Perhaps she will go together with QMII as "grass-widows"? (grass-widow or widower = when the wife/husband is out of town).

I like her light blue dress, very nice, just too much wind for her hair!

I just saw a couple with a baby and stroller. You really couldn't find a baby sitter for one night.Call me old fashioned but this to me is not the type of event a baby should be at.

Last edited:
I just saw a couple with a baby and stroller. You really couldn't find a baby sitter for one night.Call me old fashioned but this to me is not the type of event a baby should be at.

I thought the same, but may be she is breast feeding?

We have had this discussion before, I think. There seems to be a difference in the European and the American culture when it comes to bringing children to weddings and events. I don't think that this is the place to rehash this discussion. But for Europeans that is usually no big deal and people don't mind if someone brings their baby.

Unless they were told it was ok they should of found a sitter...however there are couples who are fine with children at these events.

LaRae

I guess there will be someone to watch the baby while the parent's enjoy the party and only get mom if the baby needs feeding. Just odd to me.

We have had this discussion before, I think. There seems to be a difference in the European and the American culture when it comes to bringing children to weddings and events. I don't think that this is the place to rehash this discussion. But for Europeans that is usually no big deal and people don't mind if someone brings their baby.
I agree I had been in a lot of weddings with kids! for European it is normal!:flowers:

Oh , I understand kids at weddings , I just didn't get having babies at this type of party.

I do not understand the code of dressing, I can see some ladies in long dresses and some one in short! Even Queen Silvia in pants?

No. Not a difference in the "European" (there are several cultures in Europe) and American but a difference between people. I think it is not ok to bring kids to an evening event for adults. It just means people are selfish.

Any thoughts on Sofia's dress? I don't think it was appropriate. Too much see through fabric and too high slit.

I just saw Victoria on her shining silver dress, Daniel, Mette-Marit on her floral dress, and Martha-Louise and Ari Behn

Sofia looks beautiful, I bet Carl Philip can't wait to have her as his wife!

Not much jewllery but i think victoria had a brosch in her hair

The soon to be Princess Sofia looks stunning!

You rock, girl! :p

Where's Madeleine this evening???????????????????????

Madeleine and Chris are attending at the dinner, but go straight there and do not take part at the ship trip, tells Margareta Thorgren to Expressen.

Why is the Queen wearing a shiny green fabric? Not liking that.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom