Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist's Pre-Wedding Dinner: June 12, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About 1600 People at this forum right now
I wonder what the record is

For the moment were are 200 in this thread

The Queen looks horrible two shades of green not one of her better looks.

I thought she looked 300 years old ? Not one of her better dresses.

I saw the ship depart. It is extremly loaded. We should be happy if it doesn't sink ?

Completely agree. This outfit is awful. And why pants? Especially since all the other family members are wearing long dresses. Her LIW looks better than she does by a long shot. I will say that Victoria and Mette Marit look very pretty tonight.

I am uncertain whether Sofia's dress is really suitable for a royal pre-wedding dinner. True, the color and the fabric are really great, but it is too showing in my taste.

Crown princess Victoria's dress looks great, sober and chic at the same. I am not fan of queen Silvia's suit but since my mother attended my own wedding in pants - and she would have look very bad in a skirt - I don't mind women wearing chic suit with pants at a wedding.

Any thoughts on Sofia's dress? I don't think it was appropriate. Too much see through fabric and too high slit.

The dress on the model was quite see-through and the slit was up to her whatever. Sofia's dress had only a bit of see-through around the shoulders, and the slit on her skirt was only knee-high. The runway version of dresses is frequently altered/adjusted to suit the client.

I love Mette Marit's dress....I like Victoria's quite well too. There are some great close up pics of the guests over on FB on PCP of Sweden's fans and friends page.

The only drawback is most of them aren't named so not sure who most of them are.

LaRae

Some of these women are wearing some scary outfits...can't imagine who picked them out.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress on the model was quite see-through and the slit was up to her whatever. Sofia's dress had only a bit of see-through around the shoulders, and the slit on her skirt was only knee-high. The runway version of dresses is frequently altered/adjusted to suit the client.

Thanks, I didn't see the slit in the skirt was not the same in Sofia's dress and in the model's dress. I quite like the slit's lang, it's looking greater.

A beaming Princess Madeleine and Chris just arrived. She looked gorgeous, only the colour of her dress was a bit boring, imo.

Sofia looks beautiful.

I love Mette Marit's dress....I like Victoria's quite well too. There are some great close up pics of the guests over on FB on PCP of Sweden's fans and friends page.

The only drawback is most of them aren't named so not sure who most of them are.

LaRae

Some of these women are wearing some scary outfits...can't imagine who picked them out.

LaRae

I would imagine the women would have picked their own outfits.

Actually I love Maddie's gown...even the color.

LaRae

So I might be the only person who LOVES Sophia's dress! It is sooo pretty. I love the way it fits her, I love the color on her. This is the 1st outfit/dress that I have seen on her that I actually love. I hate all the others. And since it's HER wedding, I think it totally fits the occasion!
I was dreading seeing her wedding dress, but after this dress, I can't wait to see what she wears!!!
I also saw a guest wearing a white lace top tied with a sating bow around the waist and a navy blue flowy skirt!!! I sooooo want that outfit!!!
Everyone else looked very nice, EXCEPT the Queen. Not a good look. she must be having a very off night!!!

You are not the one :flowers: her dress is chic and proper for the occasion! And it is indeed her wedding after all:flowers:

So I might be the only person who LOVES Sophia's dress! It is sooo pretty. I love the way it fits her, I love the color on her. This is the 1st outfit/dress that I have seen on her that I actually love. I hate all the others. And since it's HER wedding, I think it totally fits the occasion!
I was dreading seeing her wedding dress, but after this dress, I can't wait to see what she wears!!!
I also saw a guest wearing a white lace top tied with a sating bow around the waist and a navy blue flowy skirt!!! I sooooo want that outfit!!!
Everyone else looked very nice, EXCEPT the Queen. Not a good look. she must be having a very off night!!!

No there are several of us who love Sofia's dress....I think it's a great style and color for her.

LaRae

The most best dressed are Emma Magnuson and Victoria. Emma Magnuson is such an elegant woman that she can wear anything and look good. Victoria wore a marvellous dress, she looked regal and dignified and appropriate. Mette-Marit's floral dresses are nice, but she could try something else for a change. Vicky Magnuson looks always nice, she is such a beautiful woman.

Frida Vesterberg and Waheed Adam
http://media.shootitlive.com/77cn17x6oLFjDrQYw3an9p8jyOI/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/3675
Oscar Kylberg and Maria Nilsson
http://media.shootitlive.com/6PLzHj5xt4NSH3uHjEZZyzKLsoj/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/3675

Last edited:
I also liked Sofia's dress. I think it would have looked better without the train, but it was still a lovely.

As for the other ladies, I thought Mette Marit's dress was pretty. Victoria's outfit was nice, but the color was bland. Silvia's pantsuit was not a good look...the color and fit were just way off. My best dressed went to Madeleine. I'm not usually a fan of her style, but she hit it out of the park tonight. I thought she looked really beautiful.

It seems from pics that Sophia's train did fall on one part at some point.

I think that Sofia looked very good in that dress, although I'm not fond of some of the details.

I think that Madeleine is glowing from within. She could wear a patato sack and still look radiant. Her hairstyle also is very beautiful tonight.

Not sure what happened with the Queen, her taste usually is much better. This outfit does nothing for her.

Ooh I do love a royal wedding (and ignoring any circumstances that anyone may not agree with, just enjoying the festivities), just wish I knew more about who the people are and the language in order to have any clue what is going on haha :ROFLMAO:

Love Sophia, Victoria and Madeleine's outfits.

All looks like great fun :)

Princess Madeleine looks positively radiant this this evening,hope its not all too much given her condition.

Back
Top Bottom