The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Pre-wedding Events
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2010, 01:17 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Victoria i ægte Hollywood glamour

Gallery of Victoria and Daniel at the concert from BB. Victoria's dress was simply stunning!

Old 06-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrderofSplendor View Post
Here you go! It's the foot long arrow brooch from the family's collection. Sylvia's worn it a couple times.

Cupid's Arrow
Thank you so much! What a lovely piece! Quite a romantic idea to wear it on her hair to the pre-wedding concert.

I'm afraid I won't be able to watch the wedding before 4 pm Swedish time (midnight here in Sydney), our service provider is limiting the bandwidth until that time... Not sure if I'll be able to view it then either since it is a long way to Sweden from here... I'm only hoping they'll make a huge DVD collection afterwards with everything including the evening celebrations and all so I get to see everything. I've managed to get my sister to tape the wedding for me but not sure she'll tape the wedding dinner part of the celebrations or how much she'll be able to record for me.

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see the wedding dress!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not trying to get off topic, but Letizia's eyes are a bit sad. I didn't know her sister died though. I do hope she finds the strength and courage to be happy in life.
I thought all of the royal ladies looked stunning! Yes there were a few whose sense of style was a bit interesting, but all in all I thought all of the ladies looked good and unique.

If I had to pick my favorites it would be:
1)Victoria....she looked amazing! She wore thee perfect dress and I thought she looked outstanding.
2)Mette-Marit...I love her sense of color and she's not afraid to wear something different.
3)Mary...as always she looked amazing, but I was disappointed in her concert gown. It had a "raggedy" look.
4)Madeleine...for some reason she doesn't have to try hard and she still manages to look beautiful.
5)Letizia...I liked the bottom of her gown and her curls.

Even Maxima looked nice. The concert was like the Oscars. Everyone was dressed to a t. I feel sorry for the men....the only thing they can wear is suits.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:01 AM
Aristocracy

What did the king say in his speech?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Silvias tears
Silvias trar | Brllopet | Aftonbladet
The swedish royal family had a party after the concert at a private boat.
Daniel and Victoria werent there, they returned after the concert to the Stockholm castle. Daniels parents are staying there during the wedding.
Hemlig efterfest i natt | Brllopet | Aftonbladet
Victoria and Daniel leaving the concert
Sov gott - i dag blir ni man och hustru - Brllopet | Expressen

The young royals had a party at the Grand Hotel with Victorias and Daniels friends. Frederik and Mary kissed.
Hr r helgens frsta kyssbild - Brllopet | Expressen
Photos from last night, Mette-Marit and Letizia talking, the kiss...
Expressen
Johan T Lindwall from Expressen writes about the eight years of Victoria and Daniel
Himlen runt hrnet - efter tta rs vntan - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate
Old 06-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The young royals had a party at the Grand Hotel with Victorias and Daniels friends. Frederik and Mary kissed.
Hr r helgens frsta kyssbild - Brllopet | Expressen
Photos from last night, Mette-Marit and Letizia talking, the kiss...
Expressen
I wonder what Mette-Marits drinking.
It looks like a mojito.

Madeleine and Carl Philip seem to be especially close right now.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Feelings about the concert:
Gran Persson: Det var verkligen gldje - Brllopet | Expressen
Google Translate
Old 06-19-2010, 02:14 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by detta View Post
What did the king say in his speech?
The King's speech can be found here in English.

Some parts of his speech:
"the wedding between the Crown princess Victoria and Mr Daniel Westling that will take place ehm Tomorrow isnt it?"
"You can feel the joy and youth and optimism in their eyes."
Old 06-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Today is the big day! I wonder if either of them was able to sleep with all the excitement?

I'd like to congratulate both of them and wish them a very happy future! May God pour many of his blessings on them and their families!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling attend pre-wedding party
Old 06-19-2010, 02:29 AM
Aristocracy

Amazing Victoria yesterday, and amazing concert. I couldn't expect something so beautiful. Here is video of the ending part of the concert, where the kids sing to Victoria and Daniel: Festkonserten: Avslutningen - Det kungliga bröllopet | SVT Play
and Silvia is in tears in the end!
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 06-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have a big problem, as many of us, I think. Yesterday and today, I have time for nothing else than this wedding. Nowadays when you can watch the events via internet, its wonderful. And the finnish TV Yle showed the concert last night. I had a little trouble sleeping after that wonderful concert, it was such a special evening.

Gallery of Felipe and Letizia arriving to the concert
Profimedia
Royals arriving
Profimedia
Profimedia
Royals yesterday at the Grand Hotel
Profimedia
Old 06-19-2010, 02:33 AM
Gentry

Apparently the King will walk in with Victoria but they will meet Daniel halfway down the aisle and the couple will walk to the altar together. This was the compromise between the Royal family and the Church. Normally the bride and groom walk into the church together. In Sweden it is not a tradition to have your father walk you down the aisle. There was a lot of debate about whether it is right for Victoria to be walked down the aisle or not.

EDIT: Oops. LadyFinn corrected me. I had the wrong information. Victoria & the King will walk in together until almost the end of the aisle. Then Daniel & Victoria will walk the last few steps before reaching the altar.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Courtier

Soooo gorgeous!! They seem to be so in love!!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I have a big problem, as many of us, I think. Yesterday and today, I have time for nothing else than this wedding. Nowadays when you can watch the events via internet, its wonderful. And the finnish TV Yle showed the concert last night. I had a little trouble sleeping after that wonderful concert, it was such a special evening.
LadyFinn, we had exactly the same trouble
I was so happy to see so wonderful concert...
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 06-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenia8 View Post
Apparently the King will walk in with Victoria but they will meet Daniel halfway down the aisle and the couple will walk to the altar together. This was the compromise between the Royal family and the Church. Normally the bride and groom walk into the church together. In Sweden it is not a tradition to have your father walk you down the aisle. There was a lot of debate about whether it is right for Victoria to be walked down the aisle or not.
The representant of the court said a couple of days ago, that Victoria will come to the church with the King and she will walk with Daniel just a few steps before the altar, not the half way.
"Victoria kommer att g fram med kungen" - Brllopet - Expressen
Old 06-19-2010, 02:42 AM
Gentry

Quote:
The representant of the court said a couple of days ago, that Victoria will come to the church with the King and she will walk with Daniel just a few steps before the altar, not the half way.
"Victoria kommer att g fram med kungen" - Brllopet - Expressen
Thanks for the info. LadyFinn! That sounds a lot better than the halfway idea that I had read earlier. I am very pleased to hear this!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniels parents yesterday evening:
Daylife
Daniels sister Anna with Mikael Sderstrm
Daylife
They all look very nice. This must be such a special time for them, a whole new world.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
Letizia Ortiz y Rocasolano didn't seem to be very happy at the concert.
Quote:
Letizia Ortiz y Rocasolano hardly knows how to behave like a real Princess.She'd better learn something from Queen Sofia.
this is not a thread for critisising letizia. this is the thread of victoria and daniel pre-wedding events. why ruin such a lovely event with such negative comments? letizia is proving to do her job extremely well and is well appreciated in spain, with a good percentage thinking she is ready to succeed sofia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khxy19 View Post
can somebody post the clip when the presenter made jokes about the frederik,mary,haakon and mette marit?
THANK YOU
yes, please! i'd love to know as well :) they all seemed happy with the comments.

i loved this set of pictures - were they taken after the concert? apparently the young royals went to party together :)

oh, rosario looks great! what a lovely dress. she is with victoria and maxima one of the winners tonight. pure loveliness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I'm sure Daniel is still growing into his role. And I'm sure,in his love for Victoria, he doesn't want to draw attention away from her. He really appears to be a true gentleman.
i agree! daniel is winning points on me. he is such a gentleman and seems so mature and stable. he is definitely and will be such a support to victoria. i loved the excitement in his face yesterday and how he looked at everything with such humbleness and as if everything was new to him but still wanted victoria to shine. he will make a fine consort.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:54 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Thanks for all the pictures, pitty Victoria & Daniel didnt party with the royals who did at the Grand hotel but I guess they need their rest. I thought Victoria looked really happy so did Daniel at the ocncert. Found it quit ecute how Daniel helped Victoria with her dress. I though last nigh was the best she every looked.