The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 05:41 AM
Majesty

Assuming there is a trust fund at all.
Like other countries on the Continent the Grand-Duchy follows the Code Napoléon in inheritances: each child has the right on an equal portion. The Grand Dukes have been quite fertile, so much of the wealth will have been watered.

Großherzog Adolf had 2 surviving children (Großherzog Wilhelm IV and Hilda Großherzogin von Baden).

Großherzog Wilhelm IV had 6 surviving children (Großherzogin Marie-Adelheid; Großherzogin Charlotte; Hilda Fürstin zu Schwartzenberg; Antonia Kronprinzessin von Bayern and Sophie Herzogin von Sachsen).

Großherzogin Charlotte had 6 surviving children (Großherzog Jean; Elisabeth Herzogin von Hohenberg; Marie-Adelheid Gräfin Henckel von Donnersmarck; Marie-Gabrielle Lensgrevinde Holstein til Ledreborg; Prinz Charles and Alix Princesse de Ligne).

Großherzog Jean has five children (Marie-Astrid Erzherzogin von Österreich-Lothringen; Großherzog Henri; Margaretha Prinzessin von und zu Liechtenstein; Prinz Jean and Prinz Guillaume).

Großherzog Henri has five children (Erbgroßherzog Guillaume; Prinz Félix; Prinz Louis; Prinzessin Alexandra and Prinz Sébastien).

As grandfather Jean is still alive, 1/5th of his future inheritance will go to Großherzog Henri. Himself blessed with a fruitful marriage. So Louis' assumed "fortune" at the moment will be modest.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

The more I see of Tessy, the more I understand why the family still seems to be fond of Helene Vestur - the 1st wife of prince Jean - who has always been the soul of discretion.
So true. And if you compare Tessy was treated much better then Hélčne.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that even if the Lux RF aren't super rich they are still pretty well off and Tessy should have a fair settlement. But I feel uneasy that perhaps she DID marry Louis becuase of hs wealth and social standing more than love...
Old 03-18-2018, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I feel sorry about Prince Louis Childish attitude before the Court and am sure Tessy knew how to provoke him. Why didn' he have a lawyer at that moment?
Old 03-18-2018, 09:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tessy in Riyadh enjoy a traditional saudi food

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgdt0I3A...rom_luxembourg

"Just finished my first flight with a perfect landing ✈️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgeCjOvA...rom_luxembourg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgeIGMVA...rom_luxembourg
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgefCk8g...rom_luxembourg

Tessy at the Women Economic Forum opening

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgfs00Lg...rom_luxembourg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgf9x48g...rom_luxembourg
Old 03-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Why is she doing this? I can't understand why people do....
Old 03-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think that even if the Lux RF aren't super rich they are still pretty well off and Tessy should have a fair settlement. But I feel uneasy that perhaps she DID marry Louis becuase of hs wealth and social standing more than love...
Even if she did marry him for love she would very likely not have made the studies she did and have help through all the contacts of her parents-in-law.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:55 PM
Majesty

wow - impressed of tessy landing that plane! :)

sounds like she had a good time in UAE and saudi. wonder what she was doing there? seems like a mix between working for vice and the economic forum?

(judging from her airplane picture it looks like she prefers flying emirates :) - i do too!)
Old 03-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
wow - impressed of tessy landing that plane! :)

sounds like she had a good time in UAE and saudi. wonder what she was doing there? seems like a mix between working for vice and the economic forum?

(judging from her airplane picture it looks like she prefers flying emirates :) - i do too!)
Exactly that. She was in Dubai because Vice is launching their first Middle east branch. It is why she was there in November, and why she is there now. They received an award the other night for their new branch, and she was attending the ceremony. I posted photos. She is in Saudi Arabia because she was asked to present at the forum.

Quote:
Why is she doing this? I can't understand why people do....
Why is she doing what?

In Dubai? Because she has a job as well as being involved in charity work. Both of which requires her to have a public image.

We have no idea what is holding up the divorce. Tessy is being painted as the gold digger who trapped the prince with a baby and never loved him. Of course it is always the commoner's fault. The little commoner gold digger probably intentionally got pregnant

Quote:
I suppose Tessy could try to adapt her lifestyle to be more in line with her present situation. There must be tons of women in London who get by without being sponsored by chocolate companies or giving one interview after another.
Why should she?

She has two sons to help take care of financially, in a very expensive city. And I am sure the boys likely attend very expensive schools. Because of her job she is expected to attend events and is expected to look good. Instead of relying on her husband, now ex husband or soon to be, she promotes a designer and she gets some free clothes and makeup from it.

It seems nothing short of her quitting public life, hiding away in some hamlet and living like a middle class librarian, would please people. Why should she give up her charities and her career, to try and please people who will always brand her a gold digging commoner?
Old 03-18-2018, 10:21 PM
Majesty

Since that is the lifestyle she has mostly lived, as a student and mother and while she and the family lived in comfort while both she and Louis completed their education. That education was paid for whereas her former peers would have incurred considerable debt.

Now it appears that Tessy wants a settlement that will support the lifestyle she is becoming accustomed to since she completed her education. As to financial security for the children, their care and education will never be overlooked., after all, they do have a father.

I have always admired the Luxemburg ladies with their penchant for sharing their gala gowns and accessories between themselves. It's a fun and sensible economy measure, it also may mean there is not as much money to fritter away.

As to what is holding up the divorce? The complainants have not reached a reasonable financial settlement.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Exactly that. She was in Dubai because Vice is launching their first Middle east branch. It is why she was there in November, and why she is there now. They received an award the other night for their new branch, and she was attending the ceremony. I posted photos. She is in Saudi Arabia because she was asked to present at the forum.

Why is she doing what?

In Dubai? Because she has a job as well as being involved in charity work. Both of which requires her to have a public image.

We have no idea what is holding up the divorce. Tessy is being painted as the gold digger who trapped the prince with a baby and never loved him. Of course it is always the commoner's fault. The little commoner gold digger probably intentionally got pregnant

Why should she?

She has two sons to help take care of financially, in a very expensive city. And I am sure the boys likely attend very expensive schools. Because of her job she is expected to attend events and is expected to look good. Instead of relying on her husband, now ex husband or soon to be, she promotes a designer and she gets some free clothes and makeup from it.

It seems nothing short of her quitting public life, hiding away in some hamlet and living like a middle class librarian, would please people. Why should she give up her charities and her career, to try and please people who will always brand her a gold digging commoner?

To be fair, a simple caporal (corporal) in the Forces armées luxembourgeoises from tiny rural Pétange would never ever make it to fancy trips to Dubai without all the opportunities she was given as daughter-in-law to The Grand-Duke of Luxembourg.

I don't think Tessy is a gold digger, but she has been VERY much helped indeed and grabs all opportunities (and right she is). Had she fallen in love with the son of the local gas station owner in Pétange, I doubt she would have developed in the same way.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:49 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it si reasonable that she expects a more comfortable life, financially as the wife of a Prince.. but she should acknowledge that... and not ask for too much. her family wont go short, and she has a career that she problaby would ntot have had without the financial support of Louis's family..
And I can't understand why people put their every engagement or "wonderful sushi dinner" on social media..
Old 03-21-2018, 03:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

To be fair, a simple caporal (corporal) in the Forces armées luxembourgeoises from tiny rural Pétange would never ever make it to fancy trips to Dubai without all the opportunities she was given as daughter-in-law to The Grand-Duke of Luxembourg.

I don't think Tessy is a gold digger, but she has been VERY much helped indeed and grabs all opportunities (and right she is). Had she fallen in love with the son of the local gas station owner in Pétange, I doubt she would have developed in the same way.
So because she is divorced she should go back to living like she was raised? Should she get a job working at the corner store and driving a mini van? Is that the only way she wont be accused of beng a gold digger?

Yes she was helped, but she made something of herself. She could have sat on her ass and done nothing. She could have lived off her husband's trust and enjoyed a comfortable life. She didn't have to go to college and get a masters degree. She didn't have to become an ambassador for UNAIDS. She didn't have to help found professors without borders. She was a private citizen, not even given a title the first years of marriage, seen as a gold digging commoner who got pregnant on purpose by most. Yet she has worked very hard to build a life for herself.

Why should she have to throw away all she built because she is divorcing? Yes she may have been given a hand by her in laws, but she has worked damn hard to represent her charities, why should she give them up? They aren't royal patronages. They are hers. She is a private citizen.

Quote:
I think it si reasonable that she expects a more comfortable life, financially as the wife of a Prince.. but she should acknowledge that... and not ask for too much. her family wont go short, and she has a career that she problaby would ntot have had without the financial support of Louis's family..
And I can't understand why people put their every engagement or "wonderful sushi dinner" on social media..
How do we know its her being unreasonable? Oh I know because only the gold digging commoner could be unreasonable. Just like Louis is automatically assumed to be the innocent party, and the suggestions Tessy has a boy toy waiting in the wings. Ever wonder if perhaps Louis and his family are not being reasonable??? But of course not, royals are always fair.

Financial security..... one of the realities of shared custody, shared expenses. Louis' care of the kids may be financed by the royal family, but she has to house and likely help with many of the expenses as well. That takes money.

And do you really think she would be sharing gowns with her former sister in laws?

All the criticism she is trying to mooch of her ex in laws, and then turn around and complain she is earning her own money. She has a job, part of that job is promoting things. Would we rather her being leeching off the royals forever, or selling a tell all to keep the bills paid???

She isn't like former royal exes like Alexandra or Diana who got very padded divorce settlements (not just the money for the kids). They had the luxury of keeping 'the royal image' as they had the luxury to do so.

More from her trip, from speaking at the economic forum (hopefully that is considered acceptable enough for a former royal).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgjJIt1A...rom_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgitmH1A...rom_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgiLeeKA...rom_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgg8Wh8A...rom_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgglskYg...rom_luxembourg

Shame she isn't considered a royal any more. I actually think her and Meghan would get along well, on women's issues. Be nice to see a BRF member interacting on a regular (not just on tours or rare visit) with foreign royals. Maybe Mabel and Meghan can meet up as Mabel is in London too.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:04 AM
Majesty

We must not be mistaken by the "wealth" of Prince Louis. Not even his father Grand-Duke Henri owns the bulk of the private Nassau wealth: Grand-Duke Jean (97) is very much alive. Tessy possibly expects to maintain a certain lifestyle but in fact she married a jobless younger son from the Grand-Duke. Maybe that is the dispute why it takes so long: expectations not meeting reality.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
So because she is divorced she should go back to living like she was raised? Should she get a job working at the corner store and driving a mini van? Is that the only way she wont be accused of beng a gold digger?

Yes she was helped, but she made something of herself. She could have sat on her ass and done nothing. She could have lived off her husband's trust and enjoyed a comfortable life. She didn't have to go to college and get a masters degree. She didn't have to become an ambassador for UNAIDS. She didn't have to help found professors without borders. She was a private citizen, not even given a title the first years of marriage, seen as a gold digging commoner who got pregnant on purpose by most. Yet she has worked very hard to build a life for herself.

Why should she have to throw away all she built because she is divorcing? Yes she may have been given a hand by her in laws, but she has worked damn hard to represent her charities, why should she give them up? They aren't royal patronages. They are hers. She is a private citizen.

How do we know its her being unreasonable? Oh I know because only the gold digging commoner could be unreasonable. Just like Louis is automatically assumed to be the innocent party, and the suggestions Tessy has a boy toy waiting in the wings. Ever wonder if perhaps Louis and his family are not being reasonable??? But of course not, royals are always fair.

Financial security..... one of the realities of shared custody, shared expenses. Louis' care of the kids may be financed by the royal family, but she has to house and likely help with many of the expenses as well. That takes money.

And do you really think she would be sharing gowns with her former sister in laws?

All the criticism she is trying to mooch of her ex in laws, and then turn around and complain she is earning her own money. She has a job, part of that job is promoting things. Would we rather her being leeching off the royals forever, or selling a tell all to keep the bills paid???

She isn't like former royal exes like Alexandra or Diana who got very padded divorce settlements (not just the money for the kids). They had the luxury of keeping 'the royal image' as they had the luxury to do so.

More from her trip, from speaking at the economic forum (hopefully that is considered acceptable enough for a former royal).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgjJIt1A...rom_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgitmH1A...rom_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgiLeeKA...rom_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgg8Wh8A...rom_luxembourg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgglskYg...rom_luxembourg

Shame she isn't considered a royal any more. I actually think her and Meghan would get along well, on women's issues. Be nice to see a BRF member interacting on a regular (not just on tours or rare visit) with foreign royals. Maybe Mabel and Meghan can meet up as Mabel is in London too.

Well said, I totally agree!!!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Countessmeout You are unrespectful to HRH Prince Louis. From Canada you cannot imagine a Royalty in a small Country .It is like a family . Divorce happens once but Helene Vestur remains with dignity. Prince Felix marries the very rich Claire but remain private.
I lived in Luxembourg , I have friends there and Tessy's attitude and so much instagrams f.e from a Sushi dinner are not appreciated. The press remained silent until the Divorce Settlement.
This is my very last post because I know to much about the Grand Ducal wealth and cannot write about this. I appreciated the State Visit from the Grand Dukes to France. Prince Louis with his siblngs attends the State Visit at the Musée Rodin .
Old 03-22-2018, 03:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Tessy wish to her ex mother-in-law for her birthday today

"Happy B day to the Grand Mother of my two sons ����✨ HRH Grande Duchesse of Luxembourg"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgnW-_qB...rom_luxembourg
Old 03-22-2018, 03:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Tessy wish to her ex mother-in-law for her birthday today

"Happy B day to the Grand Mother of my two sons ����✨ HRH Grande Duchesse of Luxembourg"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgnW-_qB...rom_luxembourg
Grand-Duchess María Teresa is still her mother-in-law...
Old 03-22-2018, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Grand-Duchess María Teresa is still her mother-in-law...
Tessy's post says 'the grandmother of my two sons'

Nowhere does she refer to GDMT as her mother-in-law.......
Old 03-22-2018, 06:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Still making sure everyone knows she is connected to royalty...