HGD Guillaume, Current Events 1 to 8: January 2003 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this picture of Guillaume today, when he visited Goodyear in Akron, Ohio from 10/17-10/21/05.

Nice picture.
Credit: This site.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 434
Hi!! I´ve got a question..i don´t know if this is the place to post it but...guillaume`s family is related to the Royal Family of Belgium..are they related to any other royal house..maybe spain..i don´t know...i wolud aprecciate if you answer thanks!:)

pauli_170291 said:
Hi!! I´ve got a question..i don´t know if this is the place to post it but...guillaume`s family is related to the Royal Family of Belgium..are they related to any other royal house..maybe spain..i don´t know...i wolud aprecciate if you answer thanks!:)
They are indeed related to Belgium through the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte, who was born a Belgian princess.
Through J-C's mother, Queen Astrid, they are related to the Swedish, Norwegian, and Danish royal families [albeit very distantly]:

Prince Carl of Sweden-----Princess Ingebjorg of Denmark
|
Princess Astrid of Sweden-----King Leopold of Belgium
|
Princess Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium-----Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg

They are related to the Norwegian royal family via Princess [later Queen] Astrid [Astrid's sister, Princess Martha, married King Olav of Norway and is the mother of the current Norwegian King Harald, so Josephine-Charlotte and Harald were first cousins].

Through Grand Duke Jean, they are related to the royal family of Bourbon de Parma, Portugal, Russia, Anhalt, Schwarzenburg, Bavaria, Thurn und Taxis, and Saxony [again, distantly]:

Grand Duke Guillaume IV of Luxembourg-----Infanta Maria Anna of Portugal
|
Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg-----Prince Felix of Bourbon de Parma
|
Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg-----Princess Josephine-Charlotte of Belgium

The father of Grand Duke Guilaume IV, Grand Duke Adolf, was married twice- first to Grand Duchess Elisavetha of Russia [who died in childbirth] and secondly to Princess Adelheid of Anhalt.
Guillaume IV had six daughters- Marie-Adelaide, Charlotte, Hilda, Antoinette, Elisabeth, and Sophie.
Marie-Adelaide was the Grand Duchess for five years after her father, until she was forced to abdicate in favor of her sister Charlotte. She never married and died soon afterwards, childless.
Charlotte- see above.
Hilda married Prince Adolf of Schwarzenburg.
Antoinette married Crown Prince Rupprecht of Bavaria [who was 30 years older than her]. She died in 1954 after a long illness; IIRC she was imprisoned in a concentration camp during WWII - this severely deteriorated her health and she never completely recovered.
Elisabeth married Prince Ludwig Philipp von Thurn und Taxis [who died at the age of 32], she also died fairly young [49].
Sophie married Prince Ernst Heinrich of Saxony, and she as well died early [39].
....the only two sisters to live long lives were Charlotte and Hilda, apparently.

Also through Grand Duke Jean's sisters, they are related to the noble families of Hohenburg, Henckel von Donnersmarck, Ledreborg, and Ligne:
Princess Elisabeth married Duke Franz Ferdinand von Hohenburg
Princess Marie Adelaide married Graf Karl Josef Henckel von Donnersmarck
Princess Marie Gabrielle married Knud Johan Ludvig Graf von Holstein-Ledreborg
Princess Alix married Prince Antoine de Ligne

....I hope I helped to answer your question.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 6674582.jpg
    6674582.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 255
  • 6674583.jpg
    6674583.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 6674584.jpg
    6674584.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 284
  • 6674585.jpg
    6674585.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 274
  • 6674586.jpg
    6674586.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 777
It was fantastic to see so many pictures of Guillaume. It looks like he is pretty close with the Grimaldis....I had no idea.

ShksprNLov said:
It was fantastic to see so many pictures of Guillaume. It looks like he is pretty close with the Grimaldis....I had no idea.

I remember in the video of Prince Amedeo's 18th birthday party, they showed a clip of Guillaume having a nice chat with Pierre. I didn't realize the families were that close either.

100th anniversary of death of Grand Duke Adolph

Sixth Generation on the traces of the dynasty founder

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume participated on the opening of the memorations in "Weilburg an der Lahn".

In Weilburg an der Lahn (or on the Lahn in English;) ) the memoration for Grand Duke Adolph's 100th anniversary of death have started yesterday (note: Thursday;) ). There is the main castle of the Luxembourgish sovereign from the line of Nassau-Weilburg who achieved the throne on 17th November 1890. Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume was present as the sixth generation of Luxembourg's dynasty.

1) Hereditary GD Guillaume finished his visit by signing the Golden book of Weilburg
2) traditional and colourful reception at the markt place from the mayor and the civil garde of Weilburg
3) Hereditary GD Guillaume and mayor Hans-Peter Schick in Weilburg castle. It is one of the cultural monuments of Hesse.

Text and (scanned!) pics from Luxemburger Wort!

Attachments

• G1.JPG
    G1.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 265
  • G2.JPG
    G2.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 234
  • G3.JPG
    G3.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:
He seems to be in that for some young adults very awkward place - beyond immaturity of the teenager but not yet the maturity of the adult.

grevinnan said:
He seems to be in that for some young adults very awkward place - beyond immaturity of the teenager but not yet the maturity of the adult.

I guess that's what happens when you're a young person in such a pressure-filled position. I'm sure he'll find his identity and strength in time.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
He was wearing a very nicely tailored suit. He looks much thinner than at the enthronment.
I think he's started getting rid of the Freshman weight and that's why he's looking a lot thinner lately. Pretty much everyone I know put on a decent amount of weight their freshamn year of college and weren't able to lose it until after they graduated. Or they lost some when they'd come home for holidays or the summer. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he's going through.

Maybe he just wants to lose weight and look better for his public image - there are all of those girls to keep happy!:p :D

But he has always seemed very adult-like to me.

I can't say what grevvinan meant, but what I meant was that he was leaving his youth behind, in a way, to look more mature.

Like his appearance was one of a maturing young man, not that his image wasn't mature even at a young age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Layla1971 said:
Maybe he just wants to lose weight and look better for his public image - there are all of those girls to keep happy!:p :D
That's a good posibility also. Thin or fat he's till gonna be hott as heck so it doesn't matter to me.

Hello, all - especially the Australian ladies - I've just picked up a copy of the Australian Women's Weekly which has a section on eligible princes including Guillaume! It has a cute picture and a little bit of a bio... Just thought you might like to know!! :)

He looks like Matthew Broderick in some pictures.

I found the pic of Guillaume at a group on Yahoo I think it was HouseofLuxembourg.
The one of matthew Broderick for comparison purposes I found at Matthewbroderick.net

Attachments

• G231.jpg
    G231.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 152
  • matt19.jpg
    matt19.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 178
They both have dark hair and similarly shaped jawlines but otherwise...sorry, I don't think they look much alike.

i think there are some slight similarities; around the eyes, coloring, noses, ears, and hair. that's about all i can see that they have in common.

msfroyste said:
i think there are some slight similarities; around the eyes, coloring, noses, ears, and hair. that's about all i can see that they have in common.
That's what I saw when I said slightly. I tried to get shots from the same angles so it would be easier to see the small similarities.

When I first was learning about them, I thought they looked alike. But now that they have gotten older and are photographed more, I can see alot of differences. In fact, I now think they look nothing alike.

Those are the only pics I've seen of them together at the enthornment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are the only pics I've seen of them together at the enthornment.
Yeah that's it at the enthronment. I've also seen pics of them together through the years.

So have I. That is why I think it is a bit odd that there were only photographed together twice at the enthronment. There are tons of photos of them not together at the enthronment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom