HGD Guillaume, Current Events 1 to 8: January 2003 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the tie too...never seen one like it, but Guillaume wears it quite well. Yellow looks good on him.

I took that picture and opened it in Photoshop, enlarged, sharpened, and blurred it so I could possibly make out the things on his tie.....
...and as near as I can tell, they're tiny blue snails and little green butterflies o_O
-Kara-

His tie?

Is there so little news about Guillaume that we have been reduced to analyzing his tie?

Because we all know that Guillaume's mine (jk!) But seriously, there is almost no new news about him lately. He keeps a low profile.

hey guys!!! i've been away for a while because i was over in the US for a month and i just started uni so life has been abit hectic...so what have i missed out? What's the latest goss on Guillaume!??! ^___^

i hate to make you depressed, but unfortunately, there is no news. it's been as dry as the sahara desert in the news dept. although, i don't know if you've already heard, but some crazy threatened the grand ducal family. and then the usual b'days and anniversaries. but there's more info about the death threat in the most recent latest news or grand duke henri and mt thread, not sure which page though.

Guillaume Interview

I have never read any interviews of Guillaume. Are there any? Could someone post some?

There really is no news of royals. It is dry all around. My gossip mongers aren't even getting anything.

I don't recall giving any interviews. He did give a speech when he became Hereditary Grand Duke though. Maybe drimal can help. :)

msfroyste said:
i hate to make you depressed, but unfortunately, there is no news. it's been as dry as the sahara desert in the news dept. although, i don't know if you've already heard, but some crazy threatened the grand ducal family. and then the usual b'days and anniversaries. but there's more info about the death threat in the most recent latest news or grand duke henri and mt thread, not sure which page though.
Thanks for the update msfroyste ^___^ it was really appreciated...wow so who was this crazy person that threatened the family? what threat did this person pose? wow i thought that alot would have happened since i last logged on...thanks again for the update ^__^

Drimal

Could you post the interview Guillaume gave upon becoming Hereditary Grand duke?

a death threat thats so bad... god im sure they will find the looney because he is the sweetest guy ever

the whole family was threatened.

Sorry,I just wanted to know where Guillaume is studying and what...

I like how Guillaume is studying political science. It will give him a good background for when he does become Grand Duke and it shows that he is thinking about his future and about one day being Grand Duke. He didn't choose some random major that won't help him when he's older. He's a smart kid. :D

Although, I guess he would have to be reasonably athletic to have completed his training at Sandhurst... well, back then anyway. Hmm... brains and brawn... fantastique! :D

Guillaume's speech when he became HGD

Danielle said:
I don't recall giving any interviews. He did give a speech when he became Hereditary Grand Duke though. Maybe drimal can help. :)

Guillaume's speech was given in Luxembourgese (I know that's not spelled correctly). This is a from a French translation:

Mesdames, Messieurs,

Monsieur the President of the Chamber and Monsieur the Minister of State have just underlined, in their cordial speech, the great tasks which I will begin to assume during the course of the following years.

You wish, rightly, for me to benefit from my studies so that they will prepare me for the responsibilities that I will later have to assume.

Monsieur the Minister of State declared that I will be able from now on to attend the Council of State to learn how our democratic institutions work.

As of September, I was pleased to accompany the Minister of State and Madame the Foreign Minister at the plenary assembly of the UNO. In April, I will assist Monsieur the Minister for the Economy and Board of Economic Development during my first voyage to Korea, and tomorrow, I will learn about the function of the President of the Krääizbierg Foundation: as you can noted, I endeavor to fulfill my mission as well as possible.

Dear parents,

The title of Hereditary Grand-Duke was conferred to me today and my role was thus officially established by our authorities and of our institutions. This title is proof of the great confidence that you have in me and I thank you for that. You, like my grandparents, led by example and taught me how to work for our country. I am determined to follow this example. Two months ago, you took the country in this direction. Luxembourg in its entirety grants to you the support of our fellow-citizens because they know that you share in the lives of each one of them.

To conclude, I would like to confirm to you, to all of you, that I will do my best to work in the interest of our country and our people and to ensure equity, solidarity and well-being for all.

New pics! Enjoy!

Attachments

• britinlux.jpg
    britinlux.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 284
  • gala_1004def.jpg
    gala_1004def.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 237
  • guillaume3.jpg
    guillaume3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 196
  • pre-SEEGER00043676.jpg