HGD Guillaume, Current Events 1 to 8: January 2003 - January 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I guess we don't know him personally, so for all I know he could be a player, drive a loud car and do burn outs in the back streets of Luxembourg. But hopefully not - otherwise we'll all know that gentlemanly behaviour is truly dead! Boohoohoo! :(

Well, He also seems like someone who doesn't get out much. Maybe we will have to kidnap him and take him out and get him liquored up:rolleyes:.(Not really.)

But yes he seems a more mature than Harry and more sure of himself as well.

I wasn't comparing the two, but just using their names as an example of a royal couple that didn't work.

Is Guillaume back in school?

Im sure hes just having time out... because after going out with someone for a year people usually need a break

*shurgs, bad_barbarella said he "has nobody". but who knows.

It is possible just do yourself a favour and pretend you know very little about them...

I saw Alex in a dress at some olympic party... was there other photos of it and what was that party for?

yes bad_barbarella, there were more pics of that party at the olympics, i think it was in honor of the athletes from luxembourg. the pics are in the athens 2004 olympic thread- the ones in which felix's wearing a suit- tan, i think.

ravergirl said:
Just out of curiosity, what is Guillaumes' full title?

His Royal Highness Herditary Grand Duke Guillaume Jean Joseph Marie of Luxembourg, Hereditary Prince of Nassau, Prince of Bourbon de Parme

Lollies!
-Kara-

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Why is there a "de" in front of Parma?

"de"= "of" in French. "Bourbon de Parme" is the French way of saying the title "Borbon and Parma".
I've also seen it hyphenated, as in "Bourbon-Parme". I guess it just depends who's saying it in how it's spelled.
Hope I helped. ;)
Lollies!
-Kara-

Nathalian said:
Is Parma....is in Parma, Italy?

Yes....the House of Bourbon-Parma was once a Duchy in Italy.

See here.
Lollies!
-Kara-

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a long title... i have a question.... henry wasnt always the grand duke... like he wasnt the herreditary grand duke growing up right...

bad_barbarella said:
Its a long title... i have a question.... henry wasnt always the grand duke... like he wasnt the herreditary grand duke growing up right...

Yeah, he was Hereditary Grand Duke Henri until he became Grand Duke in 2000. Then he passed that title on to Guillaume.
Lollies!
-Kara-

suturegeisha said:
Yeah, he was Hereditary Grand Duke Henri until he became Grand Duke in 2000. Then he passed that title on to Guillaume.
Lollies!
-Kara-

oh... so even at guillaumes age he was too? :confused:

bad_barbarella said:
oh... so even at guillaumes age he was too? :confused:

Yup...he was the Hereditary Grand Duke when his father became the Grand Duke in 1965, I believe. So, he was even younger than Guillaume when he got that title- about 10 years old.
Lollies!
-Kara-

When Grand Duke Jean ascended to the throne on November 12th, 1964, Henri became "Hereditary Prince of Luxembourg" and when he reached the age of 18 in 1973 he became the Hereditary Grand Duke (not Prince) of Luxembourg.

In the case of Grand Duke Jean, he was born as Hereditary Prince and when he reached the age of 18, Hereditary Grand Duke.

60 anniversaire du debut de la bataille des Ardennes Dec 15-16, 2004
WWW.COVER.ES

Attachments

• CAG14PWN.jpg
    CAG14PWN.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 358
  • CAJMU1ZZ.jpg
    CAJMU1ZZ.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 483
  • CAWLAJYV.jpg
    CAWLAJYV.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 420