Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 6 March 2008 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it only the grand dukes or did the rest of the family attend like in athens

There are very few pictures of the Dukes of Luxembourg in the Games, in the previous games in Athens we had more pictures, however this alone year there is a couple of pictures.That it punishes: (

olympics

there are pictures on www.monarchie.lu from the Olympics and Maria Teresa & Alexandra attend the opening of a summercamp fot AIDS-children in Beijing organised by UNICEF.
at www.wort.lu by Olympics 2008, go down to 17-8-2008, a reception from Fortis

MT looks like she lost some weight at the Olympic pictures. She looks really nice.

Justiz,

Somewhat late but thanks for the nice pictures of the Ducal Familiy attending ABBA in Wiltz. We were sitting behind Guillaume, Sebastien and Alexandra and I was happy to finally see some pictures of the event. thanks!

Real nice photos of the Lux royals and missovers is very forunate to have sat behind royalty being that does not happen everyday.

Justiz,

Somewhat late but thanks for the nice pictures of the Ducal Familiy attending ABBA in Wiltz. We were sitting behind Guillaume, Sebastien and Alexandra and I was happy to finally see some pictures of the event. thanks!

You are so lucky! What were they like in person?

i have a question...why did Grand Duke Henri almost give up the crown for his wife the Grand Duchess Maria Teresa? Someone mentioned this in other thread and I want to see if anyone can validate or explain it.

I think it was because the Grand Duke's mother did not approve of him marrying a commoner and wanted to see him married to a fellow royal, in the end I think the Grand duke's father talked Josephine-Charlotte around to at least sign off on the marriage although it is a well known fact that MT and JC never saw eye to eye.

I think it was because the Grand Duke's mother did not approve of him marrying a commoner and wanted to see him married to a fellow royal, in the end I think the Grand duke's father talked Josephine-Charlotte around to at least sign off on the marriage although it is a well known fact that MT and JC never saw eye to eye.

Many articles claim that it was initally Grand Duke Jean who disapproved and that Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte came to Henri and MT's defense. Henri met Maria Teresa through mutual friends of Josephine-Charlotte and Maria Teresa's parents. The couple was Spanish and lived in Geneva. Maria Teresa came from a family with a lot of money, so that was probably helpful. I think it was only later, after she had a stroke, that GD Josephine-Charlotte turned against MT.

Many articles claim that it was initally Grand Duke Jean who disapproved and that Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte came to Henri and MT's defense. Henri met Maria Teresa through mutual friends of Josephine-Charlotte and Maria Teresa's parents. The couple was Spanish and lived in Geneva. Maria Teresa came from a family with a lot of money, so that was probably helpful. I think it was only later, after she had a stroke, that GD Josephine-Charlotte turned against MT.

What happened after the stroke?

What happened after the stroke?

I am not sure what happened after the stroke of Josephine-Charlotte but often the personality of somebody changes after a stroke. It is said about Jaime de Marichilar and maybe also about the late Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte.

The Grand Duke and the Grand Duchess opened a home for the elderly on october 3rd.

Caption:
Le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse ont assisté à la Fondation Pescatore à la séance académique donnée à l'occasion du 150ème anniversaire du décès du fondateur Jean-Pierre Pescatore et à l’inauguration officielle des nouvelles infrastructures de la maison de retraite

Look here for the pictures:

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7
Picture 8

Thanks Marengo, I love seeing the pics of the G-D'ss interacting with the people. Love the green too.

Wonderful pictures! Maria-Teresa looks beautiful. They seem like very warm and friendly people.

Grand Duke Henri commemorated the victims of the Nazi's on Luxembourg's commemoration day, 12 October.

Look here for an article and pictures.

The Grand Duchess' collar looks like a neck-brace:lol:. Who are the bourgmestres?

I'm not sure who they are:ermm:

They are like mayors in other countries. The coutry is divided in a few parts and each part is managed by a mayor or a bougmestre. It's just a difference of vocabulary.

Grand Duke Henri took the royal attitudes of both of this royal parents.
Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa is the heart and the sun of the Royal Court.
They are perfect.

The two royal-royals were Jean and Josephine-Charlotte, Constantin and Anne-Marie.
and now only Juan Carlos and Sophie. All the other royals are mixed weddings such as Queen Elisabeth II whose mother was a scottish nobelwomen, Margarete II, Beatrix, Harald , Baudouin and Albert II, Henri, Hans Adam and the King of Sweden.

I guess Grand Duchess Maria Teresa should burn some weight, she is a little fat.

She is happy loves her husband , loves her children and agreed her first grand-child !

I guess Grand Duchess Maria Teresa should burn some weight, she is a little fat.

This is a little insensitive and quite rude :ohmy:
For a lady who has given birth to five children, the Grand Duchess looks wonderful. She is elegant, and it is obvious that she and the Duke are happily married. I have found her to always look lovely and perfect for the occasion. I know that, personally, after having one child it was very difficult to "bounce back" into my former figure, and if truth be told, I never made it back there. Maria-Teresa gave birth in 1981, 1984, 1986, 1991, and 1992. I wonder how most women's figures would look after that?

There is a style thread on Grand Duchess Maria Teresa here. Feel free to discuss ideas about the forum in the forum support & feedback corner or to PM the Lux. moderators about it, we always welcome new ideas so we can see if we can improve the forum. But please do NOT discuss it in this thread, as this thread is for current events, not for TRF organization. The OT remarks have been removed as will future remarks about the matter.

Thank you for understanding,

The Luxembourg Moderators

Last edited by a moderator:
It is good to hear about them every so often. I wonder why they aren't as well published as the other royals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom