Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 4: February - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that it was miss labeled. Usually she doesn't travel that much in such a short period of time, and she was just in France, so she wouldn't be going all the way to Laos.

I was wondering if the royal family had commented on the birth of Louis's son yet? Do you think they will?

moosey60 said:
I was wondering if the royal family had commented on the birth of Louis's son yet? Do you think they will?

I doubt it....just have that feeling in my bones. :)

Kelly said:
I went to the website http://www.picturepresseurope.com/
and the caption says it was taken March 16, 2006. I'm confused because I thought that was an older picture too.:confused:
PPE probably released a couple of pictures due to the upcoming Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's 50th birthday. They published MT's photos that were posted here along with couple of family pictures taken last year.

Attachments

• 096.jpg
    096.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 224.jpg
    224.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 061.jpg
    061.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
I don't see it unhappy, normal, but maybe he/she would want to be but time with their grandson and for that reason it was but sad.Will lack little bit for its birthday, already have some special celebration in Luxemburg?

Did Maria-Teresa change her hair? To me the color and cut look lighter and different, but maybe it is just the way that she styled her hair.

That pic might have just been one of those moments where she just didn't want to be photographed. But I do think she got a different hair style.

Henry, the Grand Duke of Luxemburg (R) speaks with Hungarian President Laszlo Solyom at the terrace of the presidential office, the Alexander Palace in Budapest, Hungary on Saturday evening, March 18, 2006. Henry arrived to the Hungarian capital earlier today to open the exhibition called Arts and culture at the age of Zsigmond of Luxemburg in the Museum of Fine Arts.

from ANP (EPA/TIBOR ILLYES)

Attachments

• 2526274.jpg
    2526274.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 2526279.jpg
    2526279.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 179
Images from seeger

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 172
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 167
Virnabrisa2000 said:
In this occasion the Great Duke Henri iva accompanied by the Great Duquesa María Teresa?
i don't think the Grand Duchess accompanied her husband to Budapest. the Grand Duke was there to inaugurate an exhibition called "Arts and Culture at the Age of Zsigmond of Luxembourg" at the Museum of Fine Arts. :)

I love the grand duchess' style about 80 percent of the time. I hope she never wears leopard print in public again (e.g. dress at the party) and keeps her hair past her shoulders.

Most important moments in the life of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa:

- Okotber 1959: Maria Teresa, daughter of José Antonio Mestre and Maria Teresa Batista-Falla de Mestre, leave her homeland during the revolution together with parents and siblings. The family settles first in New York.

- June 1965: the family settles down on the families seat in the Spanish Santander and finally in Geneva. There she received the Swiss citizenship.

- October 1980: License of the political sciences at the University of Geneva. During her studies time in Switzerland, Maria Teresa came across Henri at that time Hereditary Grand Duke.

- 14 February 1981: Maria Teresa Mestre marries the Hereditary Grand Duke Henri.
- 11 November 1981: Birth of the prince Guillaume.
- 3 June 1984: Birth of the prince Félix.
- 3 August 1986: Birth of the prince Louis.
- 16 February 1991: Birth of the princess Alexandra.
- 16 April 1992: Birth of the prince Sébastien.

- 10 June 1997: Appointment to the Unesco-ambassador of the good will
- October 1999: Doctor honoris causa of the Seton hall University (university for diplomatic and international relations in the USA)
- 7 October 2000: Throne ascent together with the Hereditary Grand Duke Henri
- April 2005: Acceptance of the seat in the Red Cross of Luxembourg

drimal said:
Most important moments in the life of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa:

- March 12th, 2006 - birth of her first granchild Gabriel

Does Anyone know what is happening with MAria Teresa today on her birthday

Well, their anniversary and her birthday were private so I think we all expect something big for June events!

yess pleaseeeeee!!!!! there is so much to celebrate.. the national day.. their anniversary and MT's birthday.. woww..

(source: Hola magazine)

On the 60th Anniversary of UNESCO as a Good-Will Embassador

Wow she looks stunning in the picture with her husband. Thanks for the pix!

I believe they were taken earlier this week.

Does anyone have pictures of Henri & MT's marriage?

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, so before anything I like to say hello to everyone!

I was wondering if anyone has pictures of Henri and Maria Teresa's marriage? I've seen a few pictures that one can find in Corbis.com and I've found some pictures doing searches on the internet, but I like to see more. I know that the Spanish magazine Hola and the French magazine Point de Vue probably had several pages of coverage, but I was never able to see the issues in question! :( I once even contacted Hola Magazine to see if I could get an old copy, but was informed that they don't retain old copies of Hola! :eek:
I know that when royals get married, there are usually pictures of the entire family on the two sides. I love to see a picture of Maria Teresa's family; her parents who have since passed away, her grandmother [who was still alive at the time of the marriage] and her brothers and sisters, cousins, aunts, etc.. who may have been included. I do have Paris Match's coverage, but it only had a few pictures and not of MT's family.

Maybe if someone has some of these pictures [it doesn't have to be limited to MT's family, any other pics of the marriage would be fine], he or she can scan them and post them, or provide links if they are on the internet?

Thanks for this tall order!

:)

Hello Purple Platinum,

Opps! The forum had quite a few wedding pictures! Well, I'm new to this wonderful website, so I had not searched it all! Anyway, thanks for pointing them out to me!

Finally I have weekend and can translate the nice article about Grand Duchess Maria Teresa published in the "Luxemburger Wort" on thursday.:)

One does not celebrate round birthdays all days. One of the most beautiful Grand Duke Maria Teresa celebrates today: She will be 50 „Happy Birthday, Madame ...!“. With 50 she also manages to be the mother, wife, First Lady and ambassador of Luxembourg in the world apparently at the same time and finds at the same time yet sufficiently time to support socially handicapped persons.

At the side of her man, Grand Duke Henri, Maria Teresa has engaged for more than 25 years for lower social groups nationally as well as internationally. At the same time the Grand Duchess has shaped the new style of the ruler house thanks to its spontaneity and candor . Especially on the encounters with notable personalities appears that Maria Teresa is always endeavored exactly like her man , further to embody the continuity of the domestic ruler house simultaneously, however also tries to live the relaxed contact forms of a modern monarchy.

Maria Teresa Mestre was born in Cuba on the 22 March 1956 in Havanna. Her parents are José Antonio Mestre and Maria Teresa Batista-Falla de Mestre. During the revolution in October 1959 Maria Teresa Mestre left together Cuba with her parents. The family established first of all in New York, where the young Maria Teresa went to the Marymount-school and visited from 1961 the French upper school .

Her parents related as of June 1965 for some months the families seat in the Spanish Santander and let down finally in Geneva . Maria Teresa continued her education first at the institute Marie José in Gstaad and visited subsequently the Pensionat Marie-Thérèse in Geneva where she discarded in June 1975 the French graduation examination. During her stay in Switzerland, Maria Teresa recovered the Swiss citizenship. She studied at the University of Geneva where she received 1980 the license in political sciences.

During the study, prince Henri of Luxembourg and Maria Teresa Mestre became acquainted with themselves. During four years, they pursued namely similar studies and worked in certain studies groups together where Maria Teresa Mestre produced several treatises, so and i.a. comparison study of the legislations in the EUROPEAN ECONOMIC COMMUNITY over the women working and the motherhood. Simultaneously Maria Teresa Mestre was interested more and more for social and humanitarian problems and thus continued a family tradition , that her grandparents had caused to involve themselves actively in philanthropic and cultural works in Cuba.
During her study in Geneva, Maria Teresa Mestre was member of a group, who looked after older persons in Genevan homes. She instructed also at a Genevan school.
Besides her Spanish mother language, Maria Teresa Mestre speeks French fluently, and this on account of her studies at the French upper school as well as in Switzerland. Already in young years, she learned English, later Luxembourgish. She has moreover good knowledge in German and Italian.
In iher childhood, Maria Teresa Mestre took ballet instruction and song instruction. She plays guitar, loves music and literature, also she is interested in painting. She makes gladly sport, especially skiing, Schlittschuhlaufen and water sport. She has a sister and a brother who are living in Switzerland and a brother who is living in the United States.

On the 14 February 1981, Maria Teresa Mestre married Prince Henri, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg . Of this marriage four sons and a daughter were born: Prince Guillaume, born on the 11 November 1981, prince Félix on the 3 June 1984, prince Louis on the 3 August 1986, princess Alexandra on the 16 February 1991 and prince Sébastien on the 16 April 1992.
Since the 10 June 1997 Grand Duchess Maria Teresa is "Unesco-Special Ambassador of the Good Will" . Her special attention applies the worldwide development working to women and girls as well as the production of micro credits. In numerous humanitarian foundations, that prescribed itself this goal, she leads the chair. She is supporting devotedly all actions, with which women, especially based on microcredits, who receive possibility to stand on own feet, to become independent and to defend therefore their rights. Grand Duchess Maria Teresa supports projects to the break through of the devil circle of poverty so that women would be able to live a honorable life.
In the course of her activity, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa visited several Unesco-projects in Nepal, Bangladesh and Bosnia. She fought against the unjust treatment of women in Afghanistan.
As a mother of five children the fate of children is especially important for her. So she is fighting against paedophilia in the internet and the misuse of children soldiers, for streets children and Aids-orphan.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa is honor president of the „Fondation du Grand-Duc Henri et de la Grande-Duchesse Maria Teresa“, president of the Luxemburger Red Cross and the „Fondation luxembourgeoise contre le cancer“ as well as honor president of the foundation for Aids-research and patron of „SOS villages d' enfants du monde asbl“. She is also active member of that under the patronage of the world health organization standing „Mentor-Foundation“, a foundation that dedicates itself the prevention of drug misuse with youth. The Grand Duchess has inter alia the patronage of the Luxemburger blind union, the national company of nurse (interior), the „Association Luxembourg-Alzheimer“ and the „Ligue luxembourgeoise de prévention et d' action médico-sociales,“.
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa is honor doctor of the Seton hall University (New Jersey, USA, October 1999) and the university León (Nicaragua, February 2003). Since September 2005 she has been also honor member at the „international Paralympic Committee Honorary Board“.
On the 7 October 2000, her husband, Hereditary Grand Duke Henri, ascended the throne in the house Luxembourg and carries since then the title of the Grand Duke of Luxembourg; Maria Teresa carries the title of the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg from this date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom