Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 3: Aug 2005 - Feb 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriella

Royal Highness
Country
United States
Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 3: Aug 2005 - Feb 2006

Welcome to the newest thread dedicated to the latest news and pictures of the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg. Happy Posting!

You can find the previous thread here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...d-grand-duchess-maria-teresa-pt-2-a-4068.htmlhttp://theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=273308#post273308

Also remember to please keep our Copyright Policy in mind when posting articles and pictures. Posts that do not comply with our policy will have to be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, it is perhabs old stuff but I think it hasn't been posted here:

His Royal Highness The Grand Duke Henri Visits the Galapagos Islands ( February 2001 during fuel spill)
During his stay in the Galapagos Islands, The Grand Duke of Luxembourg expressed his concern; "When I first heard of it on the 18th or 19th of January it was an enormous shock, not only for myself, but for the whole international community. I hope very much that the spill will alarm not only the Ecuadorian authority but also the international community that prevention has to be done to avoid this kind of catastrophe again. Not only in oil but in many other ways."

PS: I have found a nice picture of Grand Duke Henri on the Galapagos images and I will try to scan it so that I can post it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the promised pictures:

Grand Duke Henri visited the Galapagos islands in 2001

Source of the pictures: I've scanned them from the book Henri Grand-Duc 50.;)

Attachments

• Galapagos1a.JPG
    Galapagos1a.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 356
  • galapagos2a.JPG
    galapagos2a.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 462
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
How many pages are in this book?

Moreover, if there is someone here who has got his/her hands on it, could that someone tell what's in it...?

-Lisa

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
How many pages are in this book?

@gaggleofcrazypeople and @lisamaria:

The book Henri Grand-Duc 50 who was published after Grand Duke Henri's has 110 pages. The main attention is directed to many beautiful pictures. Furthermore the book explains the life and the functions of the Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg; the birth and the childhood in Betzdorf - the engagement, the wedding and happy family life- his years as "Lieutnant-représentant" (1989- 2000)- the throne achievement in 2000 - the "Joyeuses Entrées" in 2000- his functions as Grand Duke and finally his 50th anniversary with pics which have been published here already.

Because most of the pics are on two pages and it's in a format of a book and not a magazine it is rather difficult to scan some pictures.;)

I will try to photograph and download them in the computer which is certainly more easy and the pics are without a shadow due to the book format.;)

Hello!
Today's Wort told that tomorrow Henri and Maria Teresa will go to Slovachia.
Pop to www.wort.lu for news.

-Lisa :( <- that's me today

guillaume's going with his parents on the state visit too, i read the article. it seems that he'll only be doing official stuff on the first two days. so we'll see some new pics, yaaay! hehe.

Attachments

• 07VisEtSlovaquie2.gif
    07VisEtSlovaquie2.gif
    30.6 KB · Views: 415
  • 07VisEtSlovaquie9.gif
    07VisEtSlovaquie9.gif
    20.8 KB · Views: 602
  • V07isEtSlovaquie4.gif
    V07isEtSlovaquie4.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 541
Some more pictures from the visit of the Grand Ducal couple in Bratislava (Slovakia):

Source of the pics (from newspaper Luxemburger Wort).;)

Attachments

• pictureservlet0003.jpg
    pictureservlet0003.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 848
  • pictureservlet0004.jpg
    pictureservlet0004.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 398
  • pictureservlet20003.jpg
    pictureservlet20003.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 604
Thanks for the pics everyone, it's lovely to see them in Slovakia. Is there any gala dinner planned?

GrandDuchess said:
Thanks for the pics everyone, it's lovely to see them in Slovakia. Is there any gala dinner planned?

If my crappy French skills are correct there was a gala on the 7th, according to the link provided by Virnabrisa2000. I've not seen any pictures, though.

naaah, he looks the same to me. it's guillaume's hair. he's wearing it differently. and mt looks the same to me.

simplicity8318 said:
Click on Photos, then Staatsbesuch in der Slowakei (found underneath sub-albums beside Telecran).

There were in the albums many pictures I hadn't seen before, starting from the 1990s, also of the visits of, say, the Sampayos in Luxembourg. I had some time in my hands and so I checked them all. For those who have never been in Luxembourg, there were also many spectacular views from the town, like from the Klostergarten and Grund. The town has very much a feeling of a small German town, all pretty and well-kept. But also, I heard they have the largest number of bars per capita there. And cheap booze... :D

-Lisa

A picture of Henri and Maria Teresa from the book of the 50th anniversary of the Grand Duke.

Attachments

• hmt1.jpg
    hmt1.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 404
What a cute picture. Maria Teresa seems to like fur- it's around her collar there, and her wedding dress was trimmed in fur, and I know I've seen other photos with her in fur coats and stoles.

i wonder what they think about becoming grandparents at their age and of this whole thing in general.

msfroyste said:
i wonder what they think about becoming grandparents at their age and of this whole thing in general.

GD Henri is only 50, GD Maria Teresa only 49 and they will be grandparents soon (comparison: GD Jean was 60 and GD Josephine-Charlotte 53 when their first grandchild Guillaume was born).

In the announcement there is emphasized that they are supporting the upcoming young parents and it is for sure a great delight for them:) ... but on the other side they are royals and thus they have certainly mixed feelings.

It is a little bit problematic because Louis is only 19 (and the third son!), his companion a commoner and they won't marry before the child is born.;)

I'm very doubtful about the fact they are thrilled. 19 is very young to become a father, I doubt they are happy. And what must be thinking the great-grand-father to be, grand-duke Jean?

Great Grandfather Jean happy birthday first great grandchildren!

Yes Great Grandfather Jean is living 84 year and happy birthday first great grandchildren on four generations royal family 2005/2006.!
His wife grand duchess Josephine Charlotte death same year 2005 and she have not see first great grandchildren.Grandfather Jean 85th birthday on next year 2006 in january.
Royal family Luxemburg have 21 grandchildren to grandparents Jean and Josephine-Charlotte.21 grandchildren have come funeral to his grandmother Josephine-Charlotte.

angry? no b/c children do not ask to come into this world. do i believe that both parties involved could've used much better judgement? absolutely. they both are old enough to know the consequenses of their actions, especially the action of....well you know. but since they've decided to keep the child, it show's maturity on their parts. however, we will never know what went on behind the scenes. mt and h, as well as the girl's parental units, could've forced the two to own up to their mistake. on the other hand, on the more "romantic" side, the two could've said they they are soooo in love with each other, want to be together forever, and simply couldn't keep their hands off each other; as a result, a baby's on the way. as far as we know, it could be one of these things, both, or a whole other host of things involved. i'm going with the ideal of a little bit of all the above. nonetheless, none of us were there, well, i can vouch only for myself. all in all, i think congrats? are in order for everyone involved as they have decided to keep the child. so, one can only hope for a healthy baby...phew, that was a long one. btw, as i said in another post, i wonder how his siblings feel about becoming uncles and an aunt as well as how are mt and h adjusting to the idea of becoming grandparents at their age?

Grand Duke inaugurates the new ironwork of Arcelor in Esch/Belval

Attachments

• wirtschaft-5.jpg
    wirtschaft-5.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 213
  • wirtschaft-6.jpg
    wirtschaft-6.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 298
The Grand Duke and Duchess on a visit to Saarland on 28 September. The pictures are from the official website of Saarland.

Attachments

• Saarland8.jpg
    Saarland8.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 251
  • Saarland9.jpg
    Saarland9.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Saarland10.jpg
    Saarland10.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 253
  • Saarland11.jpg
    Saarland11.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 274
  • Saarland12.jpg
    Saarland12.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 199
  • Saarland14.jpg
    Saarland14.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 263
  • Saarland15.jpg
    Saarland15.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 180
  • Saarland16.jpg
    Saarland16.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 299
  • Saarland17.jpg
    Saarland17.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 282
  • Saarland13.jpg
    Saarland13.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 298
The Grand Duke and Duchess on a visit to Saarland on 28 September. The pictures are from the official website of Saarland, and the last three are from www.lsvs.de

Attachments

• Saarland7.jpg
    Saarland7.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 289
  • Saarland6.jpg
    Saarland6.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 258
  • Saarland5.jpg
    Saarland5.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 261
  • Saarland4.jpg
    Saarland4.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 316
  • Saarland3.jpg
    Saarland3.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 256
  • Saarland2.jpg
    Saarland2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Saarland1.jpg
    Saarland1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 268
  • lsvs.de3.jpg
    lsvs.de3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 231
  • lsvs.de1.jpg
    lsvs.de1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 179
  • lsvs.de2.jpg
    lsvs.de2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 299
The Grand Duke and Duchess on a visit to Saarland on 28 September. These pictures are from Fotoagentur Hoffmeister.

Attachments

• Hoffmester9.jpg
    Hoffmester9.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Hoffmester8.jpg
    Hoffmester8.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 214
  • Hoffmester7.jpg
    Hoffmester7.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Hoffmester6.jpg
    Hoffmester6.jpg