Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Current Events 3: Aug 2005 - Feb 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
possibly the winter olympics in turino next month. we could possibly see something of them there or before. who knows.

Thank you Virnabirsa, for the info. There are no new pictures of the Grand Duchess, but there are a few of Grand Duke Henri and Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume at a New Years' reception at the Palace with the state council of Luxembourg.
All photos are from picturedesk. Also in the captions underneath the photos it says that this is the first time that the Grand Duchess has not taken part in the ceremony. I wonder why?

68227593au.jpg

68227588du.jpg

68227600kx.jpg

[This is one of the reasons I dislike picturedesk....the photos are so small!]

LAst week's Point de Vue was telling as a fact that Henri did mean problems in his marriage in his speech - could that contribute to MT's absense?

-L

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. Its probably just a rumor. However, they have looked unhappy together ever since the birth announcement was made. There was a rumor a few years back that Henri cheated on MT but I heard that it was something that JC started because she didn't like MT. One never knows these things about the family.

big size from cover.es

Attachments

• CAFQKJ7X.jpg
    CAFQKJ7X.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 154
  • CAIBEVA9.jpg
    CAIBEVA9.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 156
  • CAUB4L0L.jpg
    CAUB4L0L.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 192
gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I don't know. Its probably just a rumor. However, they have looked unhappy together ever since the birth announcement was made. There was a rumor a few years back that Henri cheated on MT but I heard that it was something that JC started because she didn't like MT. One never knows these things about the family.

I still find that notion that JC would have started the rumour weird - what mother would do something that so obviously compromises her son? I know Guillaume (the elder) was her favourite son, and H was more distant, but still.

-L

lisamaria said:
I still find that notion that JC would have started the rumour weird - what mother would do something that so obviously compromises her son? I know Guillaume (the elder) was her favourite son, and H was more distant, but still.

-L
My Grandmother did it to my parents. But I would think better of it when it comes to JC. She was in a role that many looked up to and since Henri was next in line I don't think she'd compromise it. I would think maybe some girl who had a big crush on Henri and never even caught his attention probably started the rumors when they were first married.

lisamaria said:

-L

From my understanding Josephine-Charlotte didn't have problems with either of her sons, no matter which son was her favourite. My understanding is that her problem was with Maria-Teresa because she was a commoner. To some degree I have read stories but am not really sure of their accuracy, Josephine-Charlotte had issue with the fact that Maria-Teresa was Cuban-born. I have heard she had a rather racist nickname for Maria-Teresa.

along with that, which was hurtful enough, j-c called mt some other harsh derogative name.

Last edited:
Virnabrisa2000 said:
And little lack for their wedding anniversary, I hope it is celebrated by all the high one.

The always informed and connected Marianne from the Glittering Royal Events MB, has posted the following at her MB about their wedding anniversaries.

[FONT=verdana, arial] Next month, February 14 (Valentine's Day) it will be 25 years since the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Couple, Henri and Maria Teresa, got married.
Just a few days ago I received a reply from the Press Secretary in Luxembourg about the planning of the upcoming festivities.
The day itself will be celebrated inside the close family circle, so it seems, but the first week-end of July will see plenty of official celebrations!!
The weather certainly will be much better than it can be in mid-February of course
happy.gif

(just like another Royal Silver Couple did in 1962: their wedding day was in January but Queen Juliana & her family celebrated with loads of royals in May of that year)
[/FONT]

So, it seems that in July we can have much to look forward to from the family.

Louis' baby will be born then right? I wonder he the baby will be acknowledged in some way at this time? I don't expect that the baby will be on the balcony or anything or paraded about the country, but he or she will be the Grand Ducal couple's first grandchild and as such plays a significant role in the highs and lows of their relationship.

Don't I understand that takes place in Julio? celebrations of the Dukes?, because?, did I think that search their 25 anniversary year would be made you please explain to me.

Louis and Tessy's baby is due in March, I think, Alexandria.

Alexandria said:
From my understanding Josephine-Charlotte didn't have problems with either of her sons, no matter which son was her favourite.

I didn't mean she had problems with Henri (on the contrary, they seemed perfectly amiable), but the issue of Point de Vue (and why wouldn't we believe it) simply suggests that Guillaume was a clear favourite, not least because he made in his life choices she could perfectly agree with.

Quite a few mothers have issues with their daughter-in-laws; I know cases where a perfectly sensible, level-headed women married to real dorks have been considered to be evil b***es by their mother-in-laws, certain that they will ruin poor, dear son's life :eek:

-L

Grand-Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg awards Red-Cross medals.

Grand-Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, President of Luxembourg's Red Cross, awarded during a ceremony at the Cultural center Prince Henri in Walferdange on saturdayafternoon 28 January 2006 meritious medals to blood donators of Luxembourg's Red Cross.

(photos from picturedesk - sorry for the small size :eek:)

Attachments

• 6844909.jpg
    6844909.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 370
  • 6844910.jpg
    6844910.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 314
  • 6844911.jpg
    6844911.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 368
  • 6844912.jpg
    6844912.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 344
  • 6844913.jpg
    6844913.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 6844914.jpg
    6844914.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,820
Alexandria said:
From my understanding Josephine-Charlotte didn't have problems with either of her sons, no matter which son was her favourite. My understanding is that her problem was with Maria-Teresa because she was a commoner. To some degree I have read stories but am not really sure of their accuracy, Josephine-Charlotte had issue with the fact that Maria-Teresa was Cuban-born. I have heard she had a rather racist nickname for Maria-Teresa.

JC didn't disapprove of her because she was a commoner. At the time of their engagement, JC supported Henri and MT (grandduchess Charlotte was opposed to the marriage because it was with a commoner). They just didn't like each other as persons, those things happen in all families.

It's true JC did prefer "equal marriages", meaning marrying in the same social circle. Something most mothers wish for their chhildren.

Thanks for the photos. I love Maria-Teresa dress and jewelry, simply, cute, and classic.

I think Josephine-Charlotte and Maria-Teresa had different personalities. That doesn't mean a dislike of each other, but difficulities getting alone. Josephine-Charlotte and Charlotte were royals and expected Henri to marry a fellow royal. When he married Maria-Teresa, she entered into a situation that was uneasy. Maria-Teresa and Henri married the same year that Di and Charles did. It appears Henri's family questioning the marriage stems from experience, duty, tradition, and love. The views of Charlotte and Charlotte reflect their times (consider royal marriages before 1975 vs. after 1976 along with divorces, sandals, and changes in society and the family). I think Josephine-Charlotte and Charlotte wanted "the right one" who loved Henri for Henri, could handle the job of Grand Duchess, represented the family and the country, and would stay married. No one can fault a family's love and concern.

María Teresa this very pretty, and very elegant one that happiness pod4er to see new pictures, I tell you that in the page: http://press.contrastphoto.com, is pictures of the whole Ducal Great Family in commemoration of the Great Duke's Jean 85 birthday, María Teresa is, very elegant, and pretty, as her you/he/she is.

rere said:
I think Josephine-Charlotte and Charlotte wanted "the right one" who loved Henri for Henri, could handle the job of Grand Duchess, represented the family and the country, and would stay married.

And that is exactly what MT is! :)

She is a very pretty woman. The gold does compliment her well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Images of seeger

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00154691.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00154691.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 250
  • pre-SEEGER00154692.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00154692.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 689
  • pre-SEEGER00154694.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00154694.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 381
Awww...you have to love the third one. I think that all ideas that Henri and MT are unhappy have just been shot down.

Fa lacks little for the Great Anniversary, but I don't understand because they don't celebrate it that same day, I wait that they leave pictures at least, already little lack for the great day.

We've reached 11 pages of News and Pictures of the Grand Ducal Family.

A new thread has been started here.

See you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom