Pre-Abdication Events - July 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Prior to the abdication on July 21 the following events are planned

July 8th
King Albert, Queen Paola, Crown Princess Mathilde and Crown Prince Philippe will receive the members of the comity for institutional reforms in Brussels

July 10th
Reception for the Prime Ministers of the reign of King Albert

July 12th
Reception for the Minister-Presidents of the Regions and Communities

July 15th
Reception for the Members of the Government

July 16th
King Albert and Queen Paola will attend the inauguration of busts of the monarchs, followed by a reception at the Senate in Brussels

July 16th
King Albert and Queen Paola will receive the current and former Presidents of the House and Senate on the occasion of the presentation of a gift to the King

July 17th
King Albert and Queen Paola will visit Ghent

July 18th
King Albert and Queen Paola will visit Eupen

July 19th
King Albert and Queen Paola will visit Liège

July 20th
The Royal Family will attend the concert "Prelude to National Day" at the Palais des Beaux-Arts in Brussels

July 20th
King Albert, Queen Paola, Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde will attend the "Ball National" in Brussels

Today, July 8, King Albert, Queen Paola, Crown Princess Mathilde and Crown Prince Philippe attended a reception at the Royal Castle in Laeken, Brussels for the members of the comity for institutional reforms.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** daylife/gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery ** gettyimages **

** lesoir.be gallery and video ** nieuwsblad.be article and vide: ‘Altijd veel over staatshervorming gesproken’ ** translation **

Last edited:
Philippe looks radiant, there's no other word to describe how incredibly happy he looks, I think the last time I saw him looking like that was when Elisabeth was born.

Albert also looks happy, he knows the kingdom will be in good hands and feels happy that he can see his son as King.

they both look extremely happy. what a great smile for King Albert. and that's exactly what i like the most about abdications. There are no tears because one has to replace a dead sovereign, instead is a joyful occasion to celebrate and renew the bond between the royal family and the nation.
People always complaints about supposedly insecurities from Philippe, but I finally see a man sure of himself and ready to prove his nation of his capabilities.

Will there be an interview with Prince Phillipe like they did in the Netherlands?

Today, July 10, King Albert, Queen Paola, Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde have received the Prime Ministers of the reign of King Albert for a meeting at the Royal Castle in Laeken.

** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk gallery ** daylife ** gettyimages **

** King Albert II Meets with Former Prime Ministers ** ppe gallery **

** deredactie.be: Albert en Filip dineren met de laatste vijf premiers **

** lavenir.net: Le roi Albert II prend congé de ses anciens Premiers ministres **

** dpp gallery: King Albert, Queen Paola, Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde receive former prime ministers **

Last edited:
(From L) Walloon Minister President Rudy Demotte (PS), Flemish Minister-President Kris Peeters, Belgian Prime Minister Elio Di Rupo, Queen Paola of Belgium, King Albert II of Belgium, Crown Prince Philippe of Belgium, Princess Mathilde of Belgium, German Community Minister President Karl-Heinz Lambertz (SP) and Brussels region Minister-President Rudi Vervoort (PS) pose on July 12, 2013 prior to a reception for the Minister-Presidents of the regions and communities during the reign of King Albert II of Belgium, held at the royal castle in Laeken - Laken, Brussels.

daylife

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

They gave Albert a camera.
Perfect gift for his retirement.

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM: King Albert II of Belgium, Queen Paola of Belgium and Chamber chairman Andre Flahaut pictured during the inauguration of sculptures of the King and the Queen at the senate in the federal parliament in Brussels, Tuesday 16 July 2013.

Belga picture gallery

Article and picture from deredactie.be (translation)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
I find it interesting to see the differences between the Belgian and Dutch abdication-events.
The Belgian K&Q seem to hold a large goodbye-tour, which p. Beatrix didn't do. Instead W-A&M held a 'hello-tour'. I have not seen any plans of F&M doing something like that. Have I missed or are they planning something different/or nothing at all?

I find it interesting to see the differences between the Belgian and Dutch abdication-events.
The Belgian K&Q seem to hold a large goodbye-tour, which p. Beatrix didn't do. Instead W-A&M held a 'hello-tour'. I have not seen any plans of F&M doing something like that. Have I missed or are they planning something different/or nothing at all?

You didn't miss anything, Queen Margaret is not abdicating nor announced she has plans, therefore Frederik & Mary have nothing planned.

I guess each royal house do things differently and have their own agenda how they handle, celebrate certain events.

You didn't miss anything, Queen Margaret is not abdicating nor announced she has plans, therefore Frederik & Mary have nothing planned.

I guess each royal house do things differently and have their own agenda how they handle, celebrate certain events.

I think SLV may have been referring to Philippe and Mathilde

Lol, yes I was indeed talking about Filip&Mathilde.
:)

It all happened really quickly and so who knows...probably they will replace King Albert and Queen Paola in all the visits already scheduled or, since it's more likely that they will go on vacation in August they will start a welcoming tour in September.

It all happened really quickly and so who knows...probably they will replace King Albert and Queen Paola in all the visits already scheduled or, since it's more likely that they will go on vacation in August they will start a welcoming tour in September.

Hihi, getting crowned and then going to Holidays :whistling:..... not the most ideal Timing, but - at least to us - it was really "short notice", the abdication.

And YES, I know, they will not be "crowned" in the original sense (which is a pity, really).
BYe Bine

I think SLV may have been referring to Philippe and Mathilde

Oops! So sorry, my misunderstanding :lol:
I would assume that the King & Queen will do their farewells now and the new King & Queens will do a tour later on in the year.

Pictures of today from GettyImages.com

The palace published a new book about Filip with some new private photos: video

VTM made a parody on the videoclip from Formidable by Stromae : article and video
They have a sketch show with parodies on Filip and Mathilde (there's a seperate thread about it in their thread)

A gallery about building the throne in the parliament.

Mr Flahaut, president of the chamber, says he has a response ready should anyone shout 'vive la république'

Last edited:
I have read some where in the Dutch press (don't ask me where) that the new king and ueen will also do a welcome tour trough Belgium and to other heads of state.

The 'blijde intrede' is a (re-invented) tradition from the times of the medieval dukes of Brabant btw.

--
According to the Belgian news there were 1000s op people in Liege., Nice that they finished their tour in this city, since they were both prince and princess of Liege for the largest part of their lives.

The palace published a new book about Filip with some new private photos: video

VTM made a parody on the videoclip from Formidable by Stromae : article and video
They have a sketch show with parodies on Filip and Mathilde (there's a seperate thread about it in their thread)

A gallery about building the throne in the parliament.

Mr Flahaut, president of the chamber, says he has a response ready should anyone shout 'vive la république'

they definitely need to prepared if anyone tries to ruin the day to the new king. In the pictures you can see 7 chairs/thrones, I hope that two of them are of course for their majesties, King Albert and Queen Paola, one for the newest Queen Mathilde and the other 4 for the little princes

Back
Top Bottom