Dutch Abdication & Inauguration: Fashion Choices

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

Royal guest fashions

Use this thread to discuss the fashion of royals attending the ceremonies and festivities of the Dutch 2013 abdication and inauguration.

Happy Posting!

According to messages on Twitter Maxima is wearing Valentino tonight.
She wore the dress before at the Birthday party of prince Charles some years ago.

Last edited:
I am sooooooo excited to see all the beautiful gowns tonight and tomorrow!!!!:clap::clap:

Maxima and Beatrix are wearing tiaras at the dinner ! So it's a white tie event!:flowers:

I'm not a big fan of Maxima's dress, but with her hair, make-up and jewelry she looks radiant.

Mabel is wearing her wedding tiara, Laurentien the Aquamarine tiara and Margriet the pearl button tiara.
I wonder if that means Maxima will wear another one tomorrow or would they have time to change the pearl button to her star tiara?

Last edited:
She does look radiant. I can only imagine what she must be thinking and how her life as she knew it will once again change. What a wonderful time for her. I love that color on her, she looks so elegant.

A lot of repeated dresses. So far for Maxima, Mabel and Victoria.

We´re still waiting for the beautiful van Vollenhoven women....

Don´t like Stephanie´s dress. Doesn´t look royal
Picture details

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like it either, seems to "plastic" and "tacky" for me.

On of the best looks on Camilla ever. Letizia looks very good, beautiful dress and lovely hairdo. And Victoria has that gorgeous dress again, great! I have waited to see this dress again. The colour of the dress and the amethysts look good on her. Mary's dress is one of the best this evening, but the colour doesn't suit her. Mathilde looks elegant and fine. Mette Marit's dress is one of the worst I have ever seen on her.
Queen Beatrix looks great. I wish Maxima would have had her hair up.

Letizia looks absolutely gorgeous.
http://i.imgur.com/BDeJOOa.jpg
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8218/7201304298055grande.jpg

Victoria, with the lovely amethysts.
http://www.vanitatis.com/fotos/album_2012/gtres_u226011_008201304298721_grande.jpg

Last edited:
I hope to see a better Pic of Lalla Salma. And no Sheikha Mozah?

It looks very much Elie Saab. The dress could have looked very good on someone else, but not on Stephanie. The colour doesn't suit her at all.

But the Nassau saphire diademe does....:D

For me, the clear star tonight is the Duchess of Cornwall. That dress is amazing and really suits her. And as much as it pains me to say it.....Stephanie! What were you thinking?! That gorgeous tiara, that beautiful face and you wear a frock drag queens would think twice about wearing in a pageant!

Im agreeing Lady Finn. MM....what the .....Maxima gorgeous, cant wait to learn more about pendant but would have loved to see her hair up. Mary looks stunning even though not her best color. Letizia...stunning. Camilla? one of her best looks IMO. Hoping for Sheika Mozah and Marie Chantal too....also nice look for Dutch princesses who got to make serious use of those Dutch jewelry vaults...good for you!!

Im agreeing Lady Finn. MM....what the .....Maxima gorgeous, cant wait to learn more about pendant but would have loved to see her hair up. Mary looks stunning even though not her best color. Letizia...stunning. Camilla? one of her best looks IMO. Hoping for Sheika Mozah and Marie Chantal too....also nice look for Dutch princesses who got to make serious use of those Dutch jewelry vaults...good for you!!

I don't think Marie Chantal or any non reigning royals are attending tonight or tomorrow.

Ah Fred. :) I am with you on that.

All the M's looked fabulous tonight except for Mette Marit who borrowed her grandmother's nightgown. One of Letizia's best looks ever! Poor Stephanie -- still trying to find her style. Cams looked great too.

With the exception of Mette-Marit I think all of the Royal women look gorgeous with Maxima and Mathilde the absolute standouts. I am so happy to see Camilla, she looks regal. I must be the only one but I think Stephanie's gown is simply gorgeous. I am a little letdown by Victoria but she still looks good.

Why Mette-Marit....whyyyyyyy??!:eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom