Princess Madeleine's Internship at UNICEF in New York: January-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really glad Madeleine pops out into the limelight every now & then.

I like the salmon colour on her.. not sure about the model.

I thought we were gonna get more pictures of her 1st day at UNICEF, but i guess she decided the keep that private.

anyway, thanks everyone who posted the article & photos, and keep us informed all the time...

Larzen said:
Its so unfortunat when work comes in the way of fashionshows:p atleast she has her prioreties straight for now...

Maybe all is fantastic for bottled blonds, Mette-Marit also thinks everything is "fantastic" Maybe I should dye my hair as well:D

I wonder how Madeleine got invited to this event, I recon you cant just show up there, maybe she has bought dresses from Camen Marco Valvo before. His designs looks like things Madeleine would wear (ie, they have generous clevage:p ) she is so far not in his celebrety scrap book though;) http://www.carmenmarcvalvo.com/celebgallery/gallery.php

One more pic from Aftonbladet

It seems to me that Madeleine is wearing a Mulberry Phoebe: http://wirelessdigest.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/phoebe.jpg

I LOVE that bag!

wow, madeleine looks beautiful. i love the top and that bag. it's a pity we can't see more of the outfit. any ideas who may have designed it?

i had a look at the link larzen gave us of carmen marc valvo. it really looks as something madeleine would wear. probably that read dress in the nobel gala 2002 (i think) was by cmv! :)

I wonder if the king and queen were behind Jonas' sudden decidion to spent the 6 months in NYC with Madeleine? Somewhere I read that the reason was the strain the absence of Madeleine would put on the relationship. Now that sound like parent's thoughts to me.

After all the king and queen must really wish for at least one child to marry, settle down and start creating the next generation of Royal Bernadottes. AFAIK prince Carl Philip is not in a permanent relationship and that of crown princess Victoria is not as eligible as that of princess Madeleine. So maybe Madeleine and Jonas have been told to try to live together in a more relaxed atmosphere than in Stockholm and to decide if they really want to marry.

Isn't it ironic how long the king had to wait till he could fulfill his obligations towards his country and marry the woman he loved (just imagine his father had still be alive. Would they have appealed to parliament to change the law concerning commoner brides?). And now his children are waiting, too...

carlota said:
i had a look at the link larzen gave us of carmen marc valvo. it really looks as something madeleine would wear. probably that read dress in the nobel gala 2002 (i think) was by cmv! :)
No the *red dress* Madeleine designed her self and if I remember correctly she had a tailor in Stockhom make it for her.

Larzen said:
No the *red dress* Madeleine designed her self and if I remember correctly she had a tailor in Stockhom make it for her.

that's true larzen, i forgot. do you know if the dress in 2003 was designed by her as well? there's such a big difference in both dresses that makes me say that wasn't her creation. i definetely didn't like the red one, although she looks beautiful with everything she wears as she is a beautiful lady, the dress wasn't flattering at all. but the 2003 was such a beautiful thing... it really suited her. do you know, larzen, who designed it?

Jo of Palatine said:
I wonder if the king and queen were behind Jonas' sudden decidion to spent the 6 months in NYC with Madeleine? Somewhere I read that the reason was the strain the absence of Madeleine would put on the relationship. Now that sound like parent's thoughts to me.

After all the king and queen must really wish for at least one child to marry, settle down and start creating the next generation of Royal Bernadottes. AFAIK prince Carl Philip is not in a permanent relationship and that of crown princess Victoria is not as eligible as that of princess Madeleine. So maybe Madeleine and Jonas have been told to try to live together in a more relaxed atmosphere than in Stockholm and to decide if they really want to marry.

Isn't it ironic how long the king had to wait till he could fulfill his obligations towards his country and marry the woman he loved (just imagine his father had still be alive. Would they have appealed to parliament to change the law concerning commoner brides?). And now his children are waiting, too...

Carl Philip is probably in the most stable and longest relationship of all 3 Royal "children". He dates his girlfriend Emma for 6.5 years and as much as I know, they had no breaks in all 6.5 years.

I don´t think the Royal couple has influenced Jonas decision.
And when I´m honest, when I (being really wealthy and having a lot of connections) would have a daughter, doing a traineeship in NYC and when her boyfriend would annoy me (and when I would believe he isn´t good for her...no matter if this is true or not) I would suggest him to move with her to NYC :rolleyes:
Sounds weird...but imagine you are a wealthy woman, who has a special status...and then you have a little "doggy" on your side, who does all, what you want, wouldn´t you get tired of him.
Well, maybe I´m interpreting her too much through my own point of view. Generally I think the Royal couple likes Jonas. He has no criminal record, studies something solid and look-wise he´s a type like Pappa Kungen (which makes him probably feeling happy/honoured).
I also see the relationship of Madeleine and Jonas relatively stable, but I don´t see them marrying...maybe in the very distant future.
IMO one can´t speak of an "relaxed atmosphere" now. When have we seen and heard soooo much about Madeleine before?? And going to a fashion show let one assume here a little princess isn´t interested in some peace and a life without publicity :rolleyes:

Actually the king hadn´t to wait that long for Silvia. They had chosen it this way. In fact he could have married her already in summer 1974, since he was then already king.
Hard to say, what would have been, when the old king would have lived longer. King Harald got through with his commoner, but the Swedish court is more traditional. I though guess the old king would have given him his "ok". It could have been harder, when Carl Gustaf´s father would have still lived...

I think neither Victoria, nor Carl Philip, nor Madeleine can´t marry, because the king doesn´t accept it. I think it´s rather up to them and that they enjoy the sweet life without any "bondage" (not being anymore able to make an other choice, raising a family, which means responsibility etc.)

Last edited:
I did not like the top she wore at that fashion party, too lose in the design and it could have been a little more coloured.

Madeleines private and quiet time in New York continues with even more pictures for us to see, when have we ever seen her this much:eek:

She and he boyfirend poses for the first time for a picture together, Jonas puts his arm around her waiste when they poses for the photographer, and Madeline says to the photographer:
- now that was a nice pictures was it not?

They are having dinner at the resturant Cipriani on West Broadway on Manhattan, they are holding hands and kissing, they are there to celebrate Catharina von Hors birthday, other people around the table is Lovisa de Geer and Veronica Arp. Also friends like Robert von Horn and Robert Hållstrand, owners of the Princess favourite places The Plaza Club and Nox, is there for the dinner. Jonas and Madeleine sits alone, they are celebrating Valentines day a little early

- Me and Jonas is having a nice and quiet dinner, I like it very much at UNICEF and have interesting work to do

Jonas looks at his girlfriend and says
- Im very proud of her, she is very ambisous

He works at a law firm and lives with Madeleine
-We really have a great time

Article from expressen courtesy of gossip reporter / correspondent Johan T Lindwall, pic by Finn Fons
http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=524681

Attachments

• 3670f23e.jpg
    3670f23e.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:
It's nice to see her that often. Isn't it amazing what a change of location can do with one? She seems quite friendly and cooperating with the press since her arrival in NY. :rolleyes:

Princess Madeleine & Jonas

Thank you so much larzen for the interview and photograph.:)

Princess Madeleine and Jonas look such a lovely couple, I truly believe they are meant for each other.:cool:

It is nice of Princess Madeleine and Jonas to give an interview and pose for photographs. :)

it would be great if they became engaged soon!

wow, this is great! The pictures just keep on comming
Thats a really nice picture of them, very cute!

wonder why they are suddenly so open about their relationship? Posing with your boyfriend for a photo like that is pretty rare among royals, dont you think?

But she has come a long way since London 2001 and the last boyfriend photo :D

Last edited:
That's a really great picture of Madeleine & Jonas...
they look great together...

wow.. this New York trip is not so dissapointing at all. we get to see her pictures once in a while, and more than when she stayed in Stockholm.

will the princess be back for her father's birthday on april ?

What a lovely picture! Jonas so handsome and they look lovely and happy together :) It's great that we finally get to see pictures more often of Princess Madeleine, it seems that this move over the Atlantic has all of a sudden made her an interesting object for photographers on a daily basis.

Photo!

Yes Yennie I'm sure most of us remember that photo taken in early November 2001 strolling in a London park with Erik! I don't believe Jonas would do that!:D

I think Princess Madeleine will attend the Birthday celebrations for her father, I seriously doubt she would miss such an important Birthday, after all the King will turn 60.

Who knows maybe Princess Madeleine and Jonas will marry sometime in 2007?:);)

Birthday

The King's Birthday will be on a Sunday this year so maybe Princess Madeleine will fly home to Sweden on the Saturday and fly back to New York on the Monday? That way she will only miss one days work at Unicef.

If Madeleine wanted privacy, it would have been better for her to have just stayed in Sweden! Now that she's moved across the Atlantic, we have more and better photso of her (not so fuzzy) AND pictures of her and Jonas! Together and smiling FOR the cameras! I just thought the whole process was a little backwards....:D

Press attention

Perhaps Princess Madeleine and Jonas hope that by posing for photographs it will curb press attention and from now on they will be left alone.

Gita said:
Perhaps Princess Madeleine and Jonas hope that by posing for photographs it will curb press attention and from now on they will be left alone.

Nice thought Jonas and Madeleine....I doubt it though;) :p Posing for photographs and giving little interviews will probably fuel the desire of consumers (us posters on TRF :D) for more.

Last edited:
soCal girl said:
If Madeleine wanted privacy, it would have been better for her to have just stayed in Sweden! Now that she's moved across the Atlantic, we have more and better photso of her (not so fuzzy) AND pictures of her and Jonas! Together and smiling FOR the cameras! I just thought the whole process was a little backwards....:D

I think the big difference with the princess living in NYC is that while she will be photographed going out to resturants, club, and other events this is all ''postive press''. Obviously as princess, she is used to and probably expects people to treat her well and give her special attention. But most of the time she is left alone. She can walk down the street without being recognized and when she reads a NY newspaper there will not be an article critizing something she did (car accidents, driving down a one-way street) or debating her relationship. Bascially, in NYC Princess Madeleine gets the best of both worlds. She get vip status and attention when she goes shopping or to events like fashion shows. However, when she is going about her day or
doesn't want the attention, she is left alone.

I did not like the top she wore at that fashion party.

Madeleine of Sweden, happy in New York with her fiancè*

Princess Madeleine is happy with her new life next to Jonas Bergström in New York. In the city of the skyscrapers, the youngest daughter of the King of Sweden, that will work in the offices of the UN, can live like a young one and take a walk more with her fiancè in affectionate attitude.
(from diezminutos)

* me : fiancee? hmm...

Fiance?! I'm guessing the press made this up to make the article more interesting but maybe they know something we don't?

I read in Hello, ( don't know if it's true) that the King and Queen were both pretty peeved that jonas had accompanied Madeline to New York.

Little_star said:
I read in Hello, ( don't know if it's true) that the King and Queen were both pretty peeved that jonas had accompanied Madeline to New York.

I think i would be too. She needs to spend some time on her own doing her own things. It is one thing to be followed by photographers and reporters but quite another for your boyfriend to follow you everywhere as well (no matter how much they like each other).

Little_Star, yes i read that article in this weeks Hellomagaine.

soCal girl said:
I haven't been here in a couple of days but glad to see Madeleine made it to NYC safely! Glad to see photographers on top of their game after their little hiatus. I just hope they don't scare Madeleine away. As for Secret Service taking care of Madeleine, I don't really have a problem with that because it's an agreement with all the countries. It really would be complicated if Madeleine's guards came from Sweden. This way it's safer and less complicated for everyone.

welcome to the USA PM, i'm glad my taxes are paying for protection to this lovely girl (much more than some other stuff i'm paying for). jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom