Princess Madeleine, Chris O'Neill & Family, General News Part 3: Sept 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume she just wants to be a (very, very privileged) Mrs O'Neill in the US and they just use Mr and Mrs for convenience. I kind of doubt she's made any legal changes to hers or the kids names, since she *does* like some of the perks of Prinsessa av Sverige/Bernadotte when she's back in the country or promoting something but I suppose SD will be checking up on that.

Is Madeleine O'Neill her legal name or the name she is using in the US now?

In Sweden, she is still " Hennes Kungliga Höghet Madeleine Thérèse Amelie Josephine, Prinsessa av Sverige, Hertiginna av Hälsingland och Gästrikland". Her Swedish documents have a xxx on the surname field.

Curiously, the NY social blogger who called her O'Neill maybe doesn't even know she is the King of Sweden's youngest daughter.

EDIT: Meghan and Harry could get a clue from Madeleine not using her royal title/style in America.

Not to beat a dead horse, or run over it with a steam train over and over again, but Harry and Meghan do exactly the same as Madeleine.

Like Harry and Meghan, when Madeleine is representing her charities like the World Childhood, she uses her title. When Harry and Meghan are doing their charity work, they use their tites.

In private life/business they can't. Neither Madeleine or the Sussexes have any control over what the media use as a term.

At SVT's annual program "The Year with the Royal Family", we see also Madeleine's interview, she was interviewed at her home.
Prinsessan Madeleine om barnen – och sitt isolerade liv i Miami _*Svensk Dam
Translation

It is irritating that nowadays obviously the whole program is shown to the press many days before it is shown at SVT, and we can read almost everything what is at the program, from the media before we see the program.

Screenshots at Svensk Damtidning from "The Year with the Royal Family", from Madeleine's 16-room house and Madeleine at the beach.
Prinsessan Madeleines nya hus i Miami – se bilderna inifrån _*Svensk Dam

Last edited by a moderator:
Svensk Damtidning writes that a rumour started a few weeks before Christmas, after Expressen's reports that Madeleine and Chris had had their apartment at the Royal Mews renovated and expanded - from a five-room to a seven. It was rumoured: "Madeleine thinks to leave Miami as soon as possible, she is on her way back to Sweden”.
Svensk Damtidning asked Margareta Thorgren, if the rumour is true.
Margareta Thorgren chose not to confirm or deny. She just said:
- Princess Madeleine still lives in the United States.
Margareta Thorgren has previously referred to the fact that the expansion of their apartment was done "for logistics and security aspects".
Thorgren also rejected the claim that the plan is that Madeleine takes over some of Sofia's missions after the baby's arrival and said that Madeleine works with her own assignments, mainly with Childhood. She said also that Madeleine hopes to be able to visit Sweden as soon as possible, but it is too early to say now when she can do it.
Ryktet om prinsessan Madeleine och Chris_ Hovets kommentar _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Expressen:
Expressen reviewed Chris O'Neill's companies' activity for 2020, Chris has made significant changes: Two companies, Wilton Partners LLC and Warwick Partners LLC, have been completely closed down.
Wilton Partners was started in 2008 and Warwick Partners in 2014, but documents received by the Florida authorities show that both companies have been dissolved since February because the companies "have ceased business".
Two other companies, Wilton Payments LLC and Belgravia Investment LLC, are still active companies, but Chris has left prominent roles: In the documents, the letters P, T, S appear under the field "title", which a person at the company authority in Florida confirms stands for "president", "treasurer" and "secretary".
Expressen contacted lawyer Timothy Hanlon, the contact person for the companies. He doesn't want to answer questions about why the changes were made.
- He has no comments, says Hanlon to Expressen.
But I have not even stated what kind of questions I want to ask.
- He says he thinks he knows what it is anyway.
Expressen sent also questions to Chris via the court to find out the significance of the changes, and to hear his plans for the future, but Chris has chosen to say no to an interview.
Margareta Thorgren wrote to Expressen:
- Mr O'Neill has a number of different companies that are used to hold investments and other assets. When they are no longer needed, they dissolve - which is what you can expect. In addition, Mr. O'Neill is changing from executive to non-executive roles in some (non-operating) investment companies. These changes have no effect on his shareholder status.
Dokument avslöjar_ Chris O'Neill lägger ner sina bolag i USA
Translation

Last edited:
Expressen contacted lawyer Timothy Hanlon, the contact person for the companies. He doesn't want to answer questions about why the changes were made.

Expressen sent also questions to Chris via the court to find out the significance of the changes, and to hear his plans for the future, but Chris has chosen to say no to an interview.
- Mr O'Neill has a number of different companies that are used to hold investments and other assets. When they are no longer needed, they dissolve - which is what you can expect. In addition, Mr. O'Neill is changing from executive to non-executive roles in some (non-operating) investment companies. These changes have no effect on his shareholder status.
Translation

That bit made me laugh.

Expressen:
Expressen reviewed Chris O'Neill's companies' activity for 2020, Chris has made significant changes: Two companies, Wilton Partners LLC and Warwick Partners LLC, have been completely closed down.
Wilton Partners was started in 2008 and Warwick Partners in 2014, but documents received by the Florida authorities show that both companies have been dissolved since February because the companies "have ceased business".
Two other companies, Wilton Payments LLC and Belgravia Investment LLC, are still active companies, but Chris has left prominent roles: In the documents, the letters P, T, S appear under the field "title", which a person at the company authority in Florida confirms stands for "president", "treasurer" and "secretary".
Translation

Am I the only one who finds it odd that Margareta Thorgren constantly seems to give explanations to the press about Chris O'Neill's private finances? Chris is not a member of the Royal House and neither he nor his businesses receive any funding from the Royal Court. Shouldn't Margareta Thorgren simply decline to comment citing that those are strictly private matters ?

Am I the only one who finds it odd that Margareta Thorgren constantly seems to give explanations to the press about Chris O'Neill's private finances? Chris is not a member of the Royal House and neither he nor his businesses receive any funding from the Royal Court. Shouldn't Margareta Thorgren simply decline to comment citing that those are strictly private matters ?

No you're not. Unless Chris is being accused of something illegal or unethical I don't know why she responds to Expressen's weekly Chris and Madeleine baiting.

Things like their apartment in the Royal Mews I can understand her commenting on because that does involve Madeleine as a royal.

It would be a bit like if BP had a comment every time someone asked about the Middleton family business.

The court has updated work events to royal calendar until the end of February. All adult members of the royal family have assignments there, except Madeleine. Svensk Damtidning asked Margareta Thorgren why.
Thorgren explains that the princess certainly has assignments mainly linked to World Childhood Foundation, but that this is not necessarily visible in the calendar.
She said that when a royal family member does official assignments, ie assignments given by the king, they inform about it in the royal calendar and in the court's digital channels. Many tasks, examples within foundations are not official assignments but are probably important to be highlighted, these are often communicated in the foundations' own channels and in the prince couple's and Madeleine's own social media.
Gåtan kring Madeleine – mystiska beteendet förklarat _*Svensk Dam

Svensk Damtidning asked the court why Madeleine doesn't participate in any of the royal family's meetings, now that they are no longer physical and it would be possible for her to do it from Miami.
Margareta Thorgren answers:
- It is the royal couple and the crown princess couple who mainly participate in various official digital meetings. The prince couple and princess Madeleine mainly participate in digital meetings related to their commitment and foundation work. During the pandemic, most events, where more people in the royal family usually participate, have either been canceled or postponed. For Princess Madeleine, the geographical distance also limits her ability to participate on these occasions.
Prinsessan Madeleine – därför säger hon nej _*Svensk Dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom