Princess Madeleine & Jonas Bergström Break Off Their Engagement: April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah well I think this fam over thinks love but who can blame them? poor emma 10 years wasted:ermm:and jonas 7 years and to come out with no princess?
Poor Emma? She wasn't locked in a dungeon for those 10 years, she chose to stick around, the same with him, he chose to go ten years with her. Neither party was forced, so neither party needs to be others to feel sorry for them.

As for Madeline, not to sound to harsh, but there has been reports for long while (not just this year) about there being trouble in her relationship with Jonas, but they chose not to just continue on but to become engaged. The news (or gossip) hints at him cheating, but that might not be the case, the media might just know they are having issues and just making up the rest with what will sell. Not to mentaion, since she is the princess they are just taking her side, I've heard seen the swedish press have any negative reporting (aside from 'we need a republic'). Taking into account the past stories for problems, they might just be having he same old problems, but now that they are engaged it's putting more pressure on their relationship. Add to that wedding of her sister so near, makes for a great juicy story. I've always wondered about Jonas, little is said about him other then the boyfriend with a 'proper job, oh hes a lawyer; grow up in a better neighborhood, in Stockholm not a small town', but hes largely got a pass by the media. Their relationship was less reported on yet they have this cycle of having a crisis (its almost always mentioned about his work hours), then they take a vacation, then how she's tired of waiting and wants marriage in kids. I wont be surprised if they do break up.

I don't think work is implied, because with 8 years together she should know how things are (with work of course)

I'm very sad because if this a definetely break up, then she will spend a long time alone before dating again, and years are passing by... :whistling:

I only mentioned work because the tabloids implied it. But I do agree that it would be terrible to end a relationship because of work. Also, it is hard being in a relationship with someone you barely see. But who knows. Only Madeleine and Jonas know the real reason.

Well, why don't we wait and see what happens.

Either they will get over their difficulities and we will see them again or after Victoria's wedding...they will break up. Madeline won't be the first woman (or Princess for that matter) to get engaged and then break up with no wedding in sight.

But mark my words if they do break up, its not goign to happen until after Victoria gets married.

And if they don't get married, it wasn't meant to be. Sometimes people get married after dating a long time because its expected of them. But they don't stay married long. Sometimes it means they should have broken up sooner.

Exactly! I couldn't have said it better.

But mark my words if they do break up, its not goign to happen until after Victoria gets married.

With all the speculation going in, I would almost think it would be better to come clean now if they really have broken up - instead of letting the appearance/non-appearance of Jonas at Victoria's wedding day become a media event by itself. Then, if he is present, there will be a lot of focus on Madeleine's and Jonas' interaction. Would be a pity for Victoria's and Daniel's big day IMO.

Daniel Nyhlén over at SvenskDam is reporting that Madeleine and Jonas had a secret "emergency" meeting yesterday. They spent a long time driving around Östermalm in Jonas' Jeep talking, probably their one last attempt to save the relationship.

Daniel Nyhlén over at SvenskDam is reporting that Madeleine and Jonas had a secret "emergency" meeting yesterday. They spent a long time driving around Östermalm in Jonas' Jeep talking, probably their one last attempt to save the relationship.

One of the comments on the blog makes a good point: why did they drive around when they could have just met in their apartment?

This whole thing is just a mess. :nonono:

One of the comments on the blog makes a good point: why did they drive around when they could have just met in their apartment?

Because couples sometimes choose a neutral place for discussions.

IF Madeline & Jonas do call off their engagement will she still move into the palace that is being renovated for them ??

With all the speculation going in, I would almost think it would be better to come clean now if they really have broken up - instead of letting the appearance/non-appearance of Jonas at Victoria's wedding day become a media event by itself. Then, if he is present, there will be a lot of focus on Madeleine's and Jonas' interaction. Would be a pity for Victoria's and Daniel's big day IMO.

Break up now and talk about on Victoria's wedding day or attend and then everyone pays attention to how they interact, if they look at each other, touch each other, etc.

But no matter how you slice it....Crown Princess Victoria is getting married! I can't imagine any stealing her thunder on HER wedding day.

Is Madeleine having an affair with Henrik Lundqvist?

Do you have any idea of what the woman on the video is talking about, i dont understand anything :lol::lol::flowers:

Do you mean the video linked from the article, "Han avslöjas av dolda signaler"? It has nothing to do with the "crisis". It is an analysis of Jonas' body language in the engagement interview. The woman says that it is obvious that he is proud of Madeleine and very happy and that he feels comfortable in Madeleine's company.

Honestly I don't think that they will break up. Maybe it takes a bit time but they will stay engaged and finally marry, how long it may take. You can't just call of an engagement whenever you like it. And a crisis is something you can get over. Everybody has to make compromisses. Their relationship has worked for several years, why not several years longer?

Is Madeleine having an affair with Henrik Lundqvist?

I'd heard this somewhere before, and I've also heard that she is quite friendly with someone in New York, whose name escapes me at the moment (if I remember later on or find an article, I'll post it). It's all just gossip though, so I would take it with a grain of salt.

Today, Norwegian magazine "Se og Hör" carries an interview with a 21-year-old Norwegian woman who speaks about her one-night-stand with a certain 'Jacob Bernström', claiming to have found out only afterwards that the man happened to be the fiancé of Princess Madeleine of Sweden.

This morning, the Bernadotte's official website deleted Princess Madeleine's name from the list of attendees at today's State Council lunch at Stockholm Palace. Princess Madeleine was supposed to attend along with The King and Queen and CP Victoria.

This ongoing relationship crisis story, which IMHO should be considered a veritable story by now and not just a rumor, distracts far more from the upcpoming wedding than any engagement break-up announcement would.

Before the soap opera aspect here gets out of hand media-wise, and before the public embarrassment or even humiliation of Princess Madeleine continues any further, she and the Palace should get their act together and release a statement.
(...of whatever nature - though preferrably a statement which ends this probably ill-advised engagement, as far as I am concerned.)

Oh dear, all this doesn't sound good. :nonono: Can't believe it - they made such a lovely couple, IMO. I'm really hoping for a statement, too.

If they break up, it should be announced now because otherwise all eyes will be on them (or her alone) during the wedding and it wouldn't be nice for Victoria

:previous: It just goes to show that however "good" people look together we are only seeing them in a photograph or film. We don't know these people at all, although Madeleine has been in the news from her birth we still can only put our own spin on anything we see or hear.

If indeed Jonas is cheating it is better to find out before the wedding and kick him to the curb rather than face the ugliness of divorce.

My heart goes out to Madeleine as she is in a really hurtful place right now. Should she lean on her sister and possibly put a damper on the wedding or is there now a distance between the two sisters because they are uncomfortable with their own situations and how it might impact on the other.

Doesn't sound too good :( Maybe they should just take a break. It would be a pity to call of the engagement...

And you Josefine, what do you think ? Is that magazine reliable usually ?

Back
Top Bottom