Princess Leonore, Prince Nicolas, Princess Adrienne News 1: June 2014 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a very handsome little Prince!

How much her resembles his grandpa!

He has a girlish look on him. If this stays, then in the future he will be a so-called "pretty boy".

When people say girlish they usually mean more delicate feature and bigger eyes than a stereotypical boy .I assume that’s what the poster meant.

I agree. Nicolas has more delicate features more suitable for a girl child. In contrast his sister Leonore has more Male like features. Genetics is quite interesting!

I agree. Nicolas has more delicate features more suitable for a girl child. In contrast his sister Leonore has more Male like features. Genetics is quite interesting!

I doubt you can infer someone’s adult features when he is four years old !

Madeleine yesterday at Gothenburg Book Fair:
Next year, Leonore turns 6 and will start school. Then the question is whether it will be in the US or Sweden. If Madeleine chooses to stay in Florida and put her daughter to school in the United States, Leonore, according to the order of succession, risks losing her place in the line of succession.
A difficult decision that she has not yet taken a position on.
- We'll see. We don't really know yet, Princess Madeleine told Aftonbladet.
Prinsessan Madeleine_ Pratar om övergrepp med Leonore _ Aftonbladet

Nicholas looks a lot like his mother in that picture. They all look lovely.

Considering the bruises on their legs, it's good to see the children are clearly allowed to run around. ?

As the children grow and we see pictures, I see both parents features in the children. Some times I see more Madelines features sometimes more Chris’s features. The children are ever changing, growing up to be beautiful and handsome! I do think all will be tall! It is nice of the parents to share pictures with the public and tell us about the children as they grow.

Leonore has grown so much and looks like a copy of Madeleine as a child. I can't work out who Adrienne resembles, but Nicolas seems to resemble Chris's side of the family more. A beautiful family.

Adorable picture:heart: Love how Nicolas holds Adrienne's hand (or vice versa). And Leonore seem to have grown taller. Its good we get regular updates of them.

I think all three kids have Chris's mouth, but all other features are mix from both parents. It looks like Nicolas's hair are getting darker. Adrienne has inherided the Bernadotte curls it appears :) Its always interesting to see how much children change as they grow.

Last edited:
In just over a month, Princess Leonore turns six. However, the court is reticent with how she will celebrate her birthday.
- We don't know. It will be celebrated in private. It is always so, when the children are celebrating years, that it is celebrated privately, says Margareta Thorgren to Hänt.
Princess Leonore goes now to preschool and the court tells her that she speaks both English and Swedish everyday.
- She goes to an American preschool. She speaks English during school hours and Swedish with her mother Madeleine, Margaretha Thorgren tells Hänt.
Så lever prinsessan Leonore – hemliga beslutet _ Hänt.se

In just over a month, Princess Leonore turns six. However, the court is reticent with how she will celebrate her birthday.
- We don't know. It will be celebrated in private. It is always so, when the children are celebrating years, that it is celebrated privately, says Margareta Thorgren to Hänt.
Princess Leonore goes now to preschool and the court tells her that she speaks both English and Swedish everyday.
- She goes to an American preschool. She speaks English during school hours and Swedish with her mother Madeleine, Margaretha Thorgren tells Hänt.

It will be interesting to see whether the court continues to publish official birthday portraits of the grandchildren who have been removed from the Royal House.

Madeleine yesterday at Gothenburg Book Fair:
Next year, Leonore turns 6 and will start school. Then the question is whether it will be in the US or Sweden. If Madeleine chooses to stay in Florida and put her daughter to school in the United States, Leonore, according to the order of succession, risks losing her place in the line of succession.
A difficult decision that she has not yet taken a position on.
- We'll see. We don't really know yet, Princess Madeleine told Aftonbladet.
Prinsessan Madeleine_ Pratar om övergrepp med Leonore _ Aftonbladet

Leonore turns six on 20th February and is expected to start school this fall.
Margareta Thorgren said to Svensk Damtidning:
- Princess Madeleine resides in Florida. Right now and for the near future, they will remain in Florida. This means that the children will also attend school in Florida.
https://www.svenskdam.se/kungligt/dar-ska-leonore-ga-i-skola-efter-den-stora-livsforandringen/

I find it a bit odd that the court often shares important information about the future of a branch of the royal family, potentially affecting constitutional matters (even if according to the court's new theory the children can remain in the line of succession while starting school in America), with a gossip magazine instead of releasing official statements.

My experience with children of foreign parents growing up in the US (a very common situation in America) is that, while they may speak their parents' native language at home, they are quickly assimilated into the American melting pot once they start school. In other words, English rapidly becomes their dominant language and their linguistic skills in their parents' native language tend to deteriorate over time. In Leonore's case, that may happen even faster as Chris doesn't speak Swedish so English is probably also spoken at home on a regular basis. Besides Leonore won't learn how to write in Swedish (I mean, proper spelling, vocabulary and grammar) unless she receives a formal education in Swedish.

I guess the assumption is that it doesn't matter now as she and her siblings are no longer members of the Royal House and are way down in the line of succession.

What a wonderful picture! Seems to be really enjoying all of the Florida sunshine. Leonore has grown into a beautiful girl!

I agree. Leonore is going to inherit the beauty baton currently owned by her mother. Leonore was one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen.;)

Leonore is going to break some hearts in the future, that's for sure! I agree that she has definitely inherited her mother's beauty. She looks like a mermaid in this photo ?

Madeleine shared a lovely new photo of her birthday girl today, March 9:

** Adrienne **

Madeleine shared a lovely new photo of her birthday girl today, March 9:

** Adrienne **

She’s a beautiful little girl! So interesting that her brother and sister are both very blonde with blue eyes while she has a much darker coloring.

It will be interesting to see whether the court continues to publish official birthday portraits of the grandchildren who have been removed from the Royal House.

Apparently not, although we will need to to wait until April to see what happens with the children of Prince Carl Philip. The royal court seems to take seriously its promise to treat the removed grandchildren as "private persons". Nonetheless, I would guess that in the future their milestone life events such as engagements, marriages, births of children, deaths and funerals will be announced by the royal court.

My experience with children of foreign parents growing up in the US (a very common situation in America) is that, while they may speak their parents' native language at home, they are quickly assimilated into the American melting pot once they start school. In other words, English rapidly becomes their dominant language and their linguistic skills in their parents' native language tend to deteriorate over time. In Leonore's case, that may happen even faster as Chris doesn't speak Swedish so English is probably also spoken at home on a regular basis. Besides Leonore won't learn how to write in Swedish (I mean, proper spelling, vocabulary and grammar) unless she receives a formal education in Swedish.

I guess the assumption is that it doesn't matter now as she and her siblings are no longer members of the Royal House and are way down in the line of succession.

That is probably the assumption. At the same time, the children remain duchesses and duke of Swedish provinces, members of the Swedish House of Bernadotte, citizens of Sweden, and children of a Princess of Sweden. I hope they will retain their Swedish and Bernadotte heritage, including some familiarity with their duchies and the language spoken by their "subjects".

Adrienne is a cutie. She looks a bit like Leonore but it looks like she inherited Daddy's hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom