Princess Leonore, Prince Nicolas, Princess Adrienne News 1: June 2014 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Svensk Damtidning writes now:
According to information given to the magazine, Madeleine has visited Estelle's school Campus Manilla because she and Chris are interested in a school place for Leonore, who is 7 years old and will start first grade this autumn. Or does this even mean that Madeleine and her family are planning to move home to Sweden?
It is common knowledge that Victoria and Daniel are very happy with Campus Manilla and that Estelle is having a great time, with both her teachers and classmates. And of course Madeleine knows this.
The princess couple also carried out a major renovation of the five-room apartment at the Royal Mews, which is is only a walk away from beautiful Djurgården and Campus Manilla.
Svensk Damtidning has repeatedly sought Margareta Thorgren regarding the new information about Leonore's schooling. But she has not returned.
Ska prinsessan Madeleine flytta hem_ Tittar på skola åt Leonore _*Svensk Dam

:previous: While the article seems highly speculative and it would surprise me if the family returned for any extended period in the foreseeable future, would it even be a possibility for Madeleine's children to attend school in Sweden without their parents moving back to Sweden as well?

Last edited:
I think Princess Madeleine, Chris and their children would move to Sweden. That way they were closer to their relatives and their children could grow up close to their cousins and grandparents.

I think Princess Madeleine, Chris and their children would move to Sweden. That way they were closer to their relatives and their children could grow up close to their cousins and grandparents.

Sometimes I wonder if the kids, especially Leonore and Nicolas who are older, don't get confused about their identity. On top of constantly moving from one place to another, they now live a normal middle-class life as ordinary American kids in Florida just to go back to Sweden in the summer, where they are treated as prince/princess and have to play that role in public. I don't know, but, if I were in their shoes, it would be personally very confusing to me as a kid.

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine has shared two new photos to mark Princess Adrienne's 4th birthday today, March 9:

Happy 4th Birthday to our sweet Adrienne! You’re our youngest, yet you stand strong on your own two feet. And you are smart, caring and full of life. Nono, Coco, Mummy and Daddy all love you very much! ❤️

** instagram post **

Princess Madeleine has shared two new photos to mark Princess Adrienne's 4th birthday today, March 9:

** instagram post **

There has been some discussion as to exactly who Adrienne looks like in her family. After seeing these photos, I've decided that the shape of her face is definitely Madeleine. As for the curly brown hair? Perhaps grandmom Silvia?

** instagram post **

In the Instagram post it reads as 'Leonore, Nicolas, Mummy and Daddy all love you very much' but in your quote it reads 'Nono, Coco, ...' Sounds like Nono is Leonore's nickname (in general or Adrienne's nickname for her sister) and Coco for Nicolas.

I wonder what Adrienne's nickname is... Nene?

In the Instagram post it reads as 'Leonore, Nicolas, Mummy and Daddy all love you very much' but in your quote it reads 'Nono, Coco, ...' Sounds like Nono is Leonore's nickname (in general or Adrienne's nickname for her sister) and Coco for Nicolas.

I wonder what Adrienne's nickname is... Nene?
Madeleine had put the nicknames of Leonore and Nicolas to her Instagram post first, but changed them quickly.
They called Adrienne "Addie" when the family received the Christmas trees last year.

Press release from the County Administrative Board of Västernorrland

Prince Nicolas inaugurates the discovery park at Skuleberget
On June 21, Prince Nicolas, Duke of Ångermanland, H.R.H. Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill visit Skuleberget. Prince Nicolas inaugurates the discovery park and receives a guided tour of naturum Höga Kusten.
The County Administrative Board of Västernorrland handed over the discovery park as a baptismal gift to prince Nicolas.
- We are very happy to welcome the Prince and his family to officially inaugurate the discovery park. I hope it will be a memorable opportunity for the Prince, and arouses both playfulness and curiosity to learn and explore more of Höga Kusten and Ångermanland, says Governor Berit Högman.
The Discovery Park was completed in 2017.
Program
11.00 Official inauguration of the Discovery Park, Skuleberget
Singing with Soul Kids, the Cathedral Choir in Härnösand.
Governor Berit Högman and Malin Svanholm, Chair of the Executive Committee in Kramfors and chairman of Höga Kusten Destinationsutveckling give speeches.
Playful guidance by Anna Carlemalm, director of naturum Höga Kusten.
Visit and guiding in naturum Höga Kusten.
Prins Nicolas inviger upptäckarparken vid Skuleberget _ Länsstyrelsen Västernorrland

Last edited:
The County Administrative board of Västernorrland and Ångermanland's province gave as christening present to Nicolas "Prins Nicolas hertig av Ångermanlands upptäckarpark" (Prince Nicolas duke of Ångermanland's discovery park) in Skuleberget. The park is an adventurous playground, but it will also serve as an educational tool for describing land rising.
The park was inaugurated on Saturday 8th July.
- The princess couple looks forward to visiting Ångermanland, but at the moment there is no visit planned, the court tells at an email.
- No, unfortunately, they couldn't come in the middle of summer, says Anna Carlemalm, responsible for Naturum Höga kusten.
Prinsen får lekpark i present _ SVT Nyheter

He got a discovery park at Skuleberget. It was inaugurated 8th of July 2017 without Nicolas being present.

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/vasternorrland/prinsens-lekplats-invigs

Press release from the County Administrative Board of Västernorrland

Prince Nicolas inaugurates the discovery park at Skuleberget
On June 21, Prince Nicolas, Duke of Ångermanland, H.R.H. Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill visit Skuleberget. Prince Nicolas inaugurates the discovery park and receives a guided tour of naturum Höga Kusten.
The County Administrative Board of Västernorrland handed over the discovery park as a baptismal gift to prince Nicolas.
- We are very happy to welcome the Prince and his family to officially inaugurate the discovery park. I hope it will be a memorable opportunity for the Prince, and arouses both playfulness and curiosity to learn and explore more of Höga Kusten and Ångermanland, says Governor Berit Högman.
The Discovery Park was completed in 2017.
Program
11.00 Official inauguration of the Discovery Park, Skuleberget
Singing with Soul Kids, the Cathedral Choir in Härnösand.
Governor Berit Högman and Malin Svanholm, Chair of the Executive Committee in Kramfors and chairman of Höga Kusten Destinationsutveckling give speeches.
Playful guidance by Anna Carlemalm, director of naturum Höga Kusten.
Visit and guiding in naturum Höga Kusten.
Prins Nicolas inviger upptäckarparken vid Skuleberget _ Länsstyrelsen Västernorrland

Not sure why the couple could not make the time to visit Prince Nicolas's duchy and its christening present, as his cousins have, during the past seven years, but I am pleased for the county that the visit will finally take place. Hopefully, the prince being old enough to understand what is happening will enliven the experience.

I wonder if the proceedings will be in both Swedish and English.

In Hänt Magazine:
Madeleine's children have lived in the USA almost all their lives, and all three are kind of hidden royalty for many here in Sweden. You can then wonder about is how it really is with the Swedish language for the children. In an Instagram post that the royal family recently shared, several people wondered if the children spoke or understood Swedish.
But now the royal family reveal to Hänt how their language skills actually are.
"The children are bilingual", reveals Margareta Thorgren.
The princess' children can thus speak and understand both English and Swedish.
Sanningen om prinsessan Madeleines barn – efter frågorna _ Hänt

What surname do Princess Leonore, Prince Nicolas, and Princess Adrienne use when they attend school: Bernadotte or O'Neill?

Princess Leonore looks so much like her Mom. Very pretty young lady. Happy Birthday!

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks older than 5 years old imho (might be this specific picture).

Leonore has been involved in an accident at home in Florida. World Childhood Foundation confirms the news.
The idea was that Madeleine would act as hostess for an event at Gröna Lund tonight.
"However, we have been informed that Princess Madeleine has canceled her trip to Sweden to participate in the evening. The reason is that Princess Leonore has tripped and broken her arm and is awaiting surgery. From Childhood, we wish Princess Leonore a speedy recovery", writes Childhood in a press release.
Prinsessan Leonore skadad – ska opereras _*Svensk Dam

WCF's press release
En speciell kväll till förmån för Childhood - World Childhood Foundation

So obviously Svensk Damtidning was wrong again, they wrote a couple of days ago that Madeleine has arrived to Stockholm.

Last edited:
Hope Princes Leonore is not in too much pain or discomfort!

Poor Princess Leonore! I hope she will be recovered soon!

I hope Princess Leonore has a good recovery.

Svensk Damtidning has asked Margareta Thorgren which school Madeleine has chosen to her children? Estelle and Oscar go to Campus Manilla and Alexander to Djurgårdsskolan.
Thorgren said:
- We have looked at how we have done in the past, whether we have communicated the schooling of royal children and we usually do not do that out of respect for the children and that they should have a reasonably normal schooling.
Svensk Damtidning speculates that at the top of the wish list is the exclusive private school Carlssons in Östermalm, where Madeleine and her siblings went. That would mean that Leonore, Nicolas and Adrienne would be walking distance to school, even the Royal Mews is in Östermalm.
Campus Manilla is also a likely alternative. The elite school is not only beautifully located, but also has cousins that attract.
Hemligheten om Madeleines barn – som hovet försökt dölja _*Svensk Dam

Svensk Damtidning quotes Aftonbladet's paywall article some days ago.

Aftonbladet has received new information regarding Adrienne's preschool.
Madeleine is said to have visited "a special preschool", where Adrienne is supposed to start in the fall.
The preschool is located, like the preschools for the children of the prince couple and the crown princess couple, at Djurgården.
Adrienne's intended preschool has its own studio, where the children can learn to paint using different techniques. And like Victoria's positive view of come rain or shine preschools and kindergartens, it is also something that Madeleine likes.
There is one detail that Madeleine wants to avoid regarding the preschools on Djurgården. A source tells Aftonbladet that there are many really good preschools there, but it must not happen that Madeleine and Jonas Bergström's children end up in the same preschool. It is not a comfortable situation for Madeleine.
Nu avslöjas hemligheten om prinsessan Madeleines dotter – inför flytten till Sverige _*Svensk Dam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom