Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Chris and Madde's children were never going to inherit, and if they were to suddenly be front and center I don't want to think of the tragedy which brought that about. Obviously, they want to live in Manhattan and continue with their lives as they are now.

I suppose Chris and Madde's children will not have titles?

Does it really matter? Why does the King never, well, hardly ever, smile? In some pics the King even looks irritated at what he has to do.

No it really doesn't, but you can't compare the king and his not wanting to smile in everyday to a man who is in an engagement photo.

I was just making an observation -I do not doubt that they are in love mutually, but I would assume that he would smile just like his bride to be. He can save the grumpiness for after pictures!

No it really doesn't, but you can't compare the king and his not wanting to smile in everyday to a man who is in an engagement photo.

I was just making an observation -I do not doubt that they are in love mutually, but I would assume that he would smile just like his bride to be. He can save the grumpiness for after pictures!

Maybe he just uncomfortable with the whole ding-dong, never mind just having a photo taken. My husband is normally a positive tendency to smile person (he doesn't walk around aimlessly grinning!) but put a camera in front of him and he hates it; fuss and bother - hates it. Does what is needed with minimum fuss and then moves on. I think there are a lot of men out there like that.

I was interested in the fact that spouses cannot continue their business interests if they marry into the SRF. So this means that the Swedish people have to support them.

I think what they are doing is right and they should not be criticised for it. He doesn't want to live off the Swedish state but wants a life that he is responsible for, and to support his wife and possible future family. Good for him.

Maybe he's not smiling because he hates the intrusion into his private life.

Would it have been announced with this other wedding information if Chris were going to get a title? Or on the wedding day like the Cambridges?

I was interested in the fact that spouses cannot continue their business interests if they marry into the SRF. So this means that the Swedish people have to support them.

I think what they are doing is right and they should not be criticised for it. He doesn't want to live off the Swedish state but wants a life that he is responsible for, and to support his wife and possible future family. Good for him.

I agree - he has made a good decision. He can be his own man, support his wife and children himself, and not be beholden to outside party directing his life. He strikes me as very much of an "in charge" type of person. It will take courage to stand up for what he believes in.

It really doesn't matter at this point since Victoria's married and had Estelle. She will live a life like that of her Aunts. HRH Princess Madeleine, Mrs. O'Neil. And good for Chris for wanting to live a life that does not include being dependent on Sweden (the royal family). They appear to enjoy Manhattan at the moment and their happiness is what is important. To me it shows that they have put quite a bit of thought into their future. Good for them.

Maybe he just uncomfortable with the whole ding-dong, never mind just having a photo taken. My husband is normally a positive tendency to smile person (he doesn't walk around aimlessly grinning!) but put a camera in front of him and he hates it; fuss and bother - hates it. Does what is needed with minimum fuss and then moves on. I think there are a lot of men out there like that.

Never thought of it that way.

I couldn't agree more with your second sentinel.

It really doesn't matter at this point since Victoria's married and had Estelle. She will live a life like that of her Aunts. HRH Princess Madeleine, Mrs. O'Neil. And good for Chris for wanting to live a life that does not include being dependent on Sweden (the royal family). They appear to enjoy Manhattan at the moment and their happiness is what is important. To me it shows that they have put quite a bit of thought into their future. Good for them.

Thanks for explaining the announcement to me. I google ran slated it and was going to come and ask people about it, and after reading your post... You made it clear.

Thanks

Last edited:
i guess with madeleine being the last in the line of succession, it doesn't really matter if chris has a title or swedish citizenship at this stage. however, it has puzzled me that he mentioned in the engagement video that he was planning to learn swedish. given he will not apply for citizenship, that he will continue to live abroad and is unlikely to perform very many events in sweden, particularly on his own, i wonder why the need to learn swedish has been made so evident in the video. maybe he hadn't decided at that stage whether to take an active role in the RF.

for info, just in case the swedish people of this forum are interested, i just read in the website that the service will be open to the public if space permits.

by the way, is the madeleine smoking?

http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/16795934/698/normal/8085210dfea16/madeleine.jpg

Last edited:
What about their future children? Will they hold the Swedish or the American citizenship? Or both?

i guess with madeleine being the last in the line of succession, it doesn't really matter if chris has a title or swedish citizenship at this stage. however, it has puzzled me that he mentioned in the engagement video that he was planning to learn swedish. given he will not apply for citizenship, that he will continue to live abroad and is unlikely to perform very many events in sweden, particularly on his own, i wonder why the need to learn swedish has been made so evident in the video. maybe he hadn't decided at that stage whether to take an active role in the RF.

for info, just in case the swedish people of this forum are interested, i just read in the website that the service will be open to the public if space permits.

http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/16795934/698/normal/8085210dfea16/madeleine.jpg

The wedding service?

Maybe he thinks he looks goofy when he smiles?

Maybe that is the reason, I have read that Leonardo Di Caprio does not like to smile so much in front of the camera for the same reason,but I am sure that they are different in public and private life.

Last edited:
According to Expressen, Peter Jöback sings at the wedding. He has taken some days off from his role as Phantom at the Phantom of the Opera in Broadway.
Jöback's press contact Marie Dimberg didn't want to confirm this but said "I can't confirm that, it is their wedding, the court has to confirm it".
Jöback sjunger på Maddes bröllop Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

How great, definitely a wonderful singer! Is he expected to sing a piece from a musical or is he going to sing romantic songs that are typical for weddings?

IMO, Chris made it clear from the very benning to his future in -laws and the royal establishment that he was not willing to contribute to the SRF and keep his own life outside the Royal House. As for learning swedish, the reason could very well be personal - after all, he is getting married to a Swedish woman and his children will have a Swedish heritage, so why not learn the language? I guess that right now they talk to each other in english, perhaps in the future they would like to alternate between their native languages in the family ;)

Is there a guest list out? Not an official one of course, but an idea of who is attending. Are Marie and Joachim going as well as Fred and Mary?

Is there a guest list out? Not an official one of course, but an idea of who is attending. Are Marie and Joachim going as well as Fred and Mary?

The danish media has written that Frederik, Mary, Joachim, Marie and Benedikte will attend. But everything except Edward's and Sophie's attendance is just a speculation until the guest list will be published, probably two days before the wedding like they did at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom