Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not invited:
- king's friend Bertil Nordström (was invited to V and D wedding), Herman Lindqvst, Michael Bernadotte af Wisborg, Oscar Bernadotte, Stephanie af Klercker

I would have been very surprised if Stephanie af Klercker had been invited, especially when you know who her boyfriend is ;)! BTW I got the impression that she and Jonas were getting married around the same time??

viv

I would have been very surprised if Stephanie af Klercker had been invited, especially when you know who her boyfriend is ;)! BTW I got the impression that she and Jonas were getting married around the same time??

viv

According to the swedish media, Jonas and Stephanie will get married in August.

Well, I don't think a member of any royal family would be happy traveling in a bus to attend a wedding!

I could be completely wrong here but weren't all the royal guests (apart from The Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla,) transported to William and Kate's wedding in buses. ?

I could be completely wrong here but weren't all the royal guests (apart from The Queen, Philip, Charles and Camilla,) transported to William and Kate's wedding in buses. ?

At least in Guillaume's and Stephanie's wedding many royals were transported in mini buses, and at Victoria's and Daniel's wedding the royals were transported in buses to the dinner and concert on the day before the wedding.

Breffney

Only some members of the British Royal Family were transported in buses.

LadyFinn

True, but let's not forget that Madeleine's wedding will be a white tie and tiara affair, how unglamorous would it be for invitees to arrive in buses, plus with long gowns and head you have to stand still to make sure your tiara doesn't slip, I'm sure we'd see many royal ladies fall miserably!

Breffney

LadyFinn

True, but let's not forget that Madeleine's wedding will be a white tie and tiara affair, how unglamorous would it be for invitees to arrive in buses, plus with long gowns and head you have to stand still to make sure your tiara doesn't slip, I'm sure we'd see many royal ladies fall miserably!

At the Wedding of Frederik and Mary all the royal guests where transported in buses. And that was also a white tie Wedding.

As for the private pre-wedding party at Grand Hotel, we don't know whether it will be white tie or not, but my guess is that it will be black tie.

When it comes to the wedding ceremony I would guess that the royal guests attending the wedding will be staying at the Royal Castle and will be able to walk to the chapel, and also that the members of Chris' family also will gather at the castle before the ceremony and walk to the chapel.

As for the dinner afterwards at Drottningholm Castle, it's very possible that the guests will be transported there by boat, in the same manner that was done at the wedding of princess Christina in 1974. The Royal Castle is next to the water and there is a mooring point for boats just across a road from the castle so the guests could easily walk down to the boat(s).

At the Wedding of Frederik and Mary all the royal guests where transported in buses. And that was also a white tie Wedding.
The buses used in these formal situations are not very different from flying first class. For the guests it is probably much more comfortable riding in a bus as the women are wearing gala dresses so the spaciousness of the seats are appreciated.

Breffney

LadyFinn

At Victoria's and Daniel's wedding the ladies had long gowns at the dinner and concert, and they were transported by bus. They didn't have tiaras though.

IIRC, At QMargrethe's 70th Birthday Celebrations guests were transported with busses and it was a white tie affair with tiara, sashes, gowns, orders etc.

Why is this so important? Perhaps they will have differnent forms of transport. Cars for older or higher- ranking persons and buses for friends? Who cares?

According to Majesty Magazine The Earl and Countess of Wessex will be attending the wedding. Nothing confirmed by BP yet.
https://www.facebook.com/majestymagazine

Hello writes that they are confirmed.
Sophie of Wessex and Prince Edward confirm their attendance at Princess Madeleine's royal wedding - hellomagazine.com

SvenskDam writes that Bertil Ternert told them that there is a big kitchen at the Drottningholm Palace, but they will have to complete it with other resources, there isn't enough room for 50 chefs. About the wedding dinner, a party tent like the king had on his 60th birthday is an alternative, but likely the wedding dinner will be served in Rikssalen, like at princess Christina's wedding with 251 guests, and by Victoria's and Daniel's wedding there were 230 guests at the Drottningholm Rikssalen at the private party.
Grand Hotel's Princess Lilian's suite (70 000 SEK/night) and the Bernadotte suite (35 000 SEK/night are already booked for the guests, and some double rooms.
According to SvenskDam's sources, Madeleine and Chris will have a cortege from the Royal Palace to Riddarholmen, and go from there by ship to Drottningholm. Some of the guests will be taken to Drottningholm at another ship. This hasn't been confirmed.

It is not listed as a future engagement on the BRF website as of yet.

Why is this so important? Perhaps they will have differnent forms of transport. Cars for older or higher- ranking persons and buses for friends? Who cares?

Some do care! IMO it boils down to cultural differences and/or perceptions of what is appropriate transportation for royalty/heads of state! Noone wonders about the buses in Northern Europe, however I bet that there are countries where the head of state and his entourage won't be seen dead even in a luxury bus! I know very little of the Saudi and the Brunei royal families, but for some reason, I can't imagine them going to a wedding in a bus.

viv

Certainly never thought that Sophie and Edward would be guests - i somehow imagined this a quiter wedding with other neighbouring royals attending ie Denmark and Norway.

Noone wonders about the buses in Northern Europe, however I bet that there are countries where the head of state and his entourage won't be seen dead even in a luxury bus! I know very little of the Saudi and the Brunei royal families, but for some reason, I can't imagine them going to a wedding in a bus.
As I doubt any members of the Saudi or Brunei royal families are invited to this wedding I don't see a reason for addressing that issue here.

As I doubt any members of the Saudi or Brunei royal families are invited to this wedding I don't see a reason for addressing that issue here.

You misunderstood my post! I was writing about different perceptions in different cultures of what is appropriate transport for heads of state.

The program at the court website

The wedding between Her Royal Highness Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill takes place on Saturday, June 8 at. 16:00 in the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

June 7
Wedding celebration starts on Friday 7 June with a private dinner for invited guests.
Host: The Royal Couple

On June 8
The ceremony will take place on Saturday, June 8 at. 16:00 in the Royal Chapel.
After the wedding ceremony salutes from Skeppsholmen, 21 shots with five seconds between each shot.
The bridal couple will travel in a procession by horse and carriage from the Royal Palace to Riddarholmen.
The cortege runs along Yttre borggården, Slottsbacken, Skeppsbron, Strömbron, Strömgatan, Norrbro, Slottskajen, Myntgatan och Wrangelska backen to Evert Taube's terrace in Riddarholmen.
From Evert Taube's terrace in Riddarholmen the couple, and the invited guests sail by ship to Drottningholm Palace for dinner.
Armed Forces parade along the procession route and on arrival at Drottningholm.

Bröllopshelgen 7-8 juni 2013 - Sveriges Kungahus

According to Expressen, Madeleine is on her way to Sweden to the last wedding preparations, her wedding dress isn't ready yet.
Madde kommer hem för sista detaljerna Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

The president of Finland hasn't been invited to the wedding. To Victoria's wedding and Estelle's christening the president was invited.

According to Aftonbladet, Madeleine and Chris will come out from the Royal Chapel to Södra Valvet to wave to the people. At the same time will be the salutes. After that they will go in to the Royal Palace. The guests will be taken with busses from the Royal Palace to Riddarholmen. At 18.05 Madeleine and Chris will go to a open carriage and with it to Riddarholmen. There they will wave to the people before they go to the ship.
Madde och Chris firar bröllop i två dagar Bröllopet Aftonbladet

Last edited:
The program at the court website

The wedding between Her Royal Highness Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill takes place on Saturday, June 8 at. 16:00 in the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

June 7
Wedding celebration starts on Friday 7 June with a private dinner for invited guests.

On June 8
The ceremony will take place on Saturday, June 8 at. 16:00 in the Royal Chapel.

An afternoon wedding. It will give everyone loads of "recovery time" from the previous night's celebrations.

Last edited:
Johan Eslander from Expressen interviewed Peter Jöback in New York because of his role as Phantom in the Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theatre. Expressen has previously revealed that Madeleine and Chris O'Neill want Jöback to sing on the upcoming wedding. Jöback has performed many times for Childhood and got know Madeleine from there.
Peter Jöback is untalkative about the plans and would not answer whether he'll sing, but says that he met Madeleine once since he came to New York three weeks ago.
Are you invited to the wedding?
- Yes, I'm actually invited.
Will you be there?
- I'm working right here ...
Jöback tells that it is tough, he has eight shows a week, one on Monday and Tuesday, two on Wednesday, one on Thursday and Friday and two on Saturday.
Jöback om Broadway Tyngsta giget jag gjort Nöje Expressen Nöje Nöjesnyheter Musiknyheter Filmnyheter

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but there's a mistake in your forum title. Her name is 'Madeleine' not 'Madelaine'

Interesting -had no idea Chris was Catholic. It will be interesting to see the religious choices in terms of what they will choose for christening their children.

Does anyone know if he is converting?

The marshall of the Realm has said that Chris doesn't have to convert and the swedish press has written so far that he doesn't convert.

I think that buses are probably the easiest way to get big groups of people to the event. Buses also have more head room for the tiaras so no problem there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom