Pre-Wedding Information for Madeleine and Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MTV3 quotes the article in Expressen:

Carl Philip causes trouble in Madeleine's wedding arrangements. Madeleine told at the court website, that she will not have bridesmaids at her wedding. However, Madeleine had earlier planned that she would ask Emma Pernald among others as her bridesmaid.
According to Expressen Carl Philip is angry because Madeleine hasn't asked Sofia Hellqvist as her bridesmaid. Carl Philip had promised to be Chris' bestman, but now he threatens to take back the promise because Madeleine doesn't accept Sofia as her bridesmaid.
According to Expressen Madeleine has talked about her "bridesmaid problem" both with her parents and Carl Philip. Anyway, the prince hasn't given up with his request.
Carl Philip ja Madeleine riidoissa Sofiasta kaaso - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Last edited:
And yet it a previous article in this thread that she wants to have a bridal party made up of children and no bridesmaids. Hard to know what to believe.

And yet it a previous article in this thread that she wants to have a bridal party made up of children and no bridesmaids. Hard to know what to believe.

Madeleine has told officially that she will have no bridesmaids. But that doesn't mean that she didn't consider having them. A little while ago it was told that Madeleine's best friend Louise Gottlieb has promised to be bridesmaid at Jonas Bergström's wedding, maybe Madeleine made then decision not to have bridesmaids at all.

Expressen's article about Carl Philip wanting Sofia to be a bridesmaid can be a pure speculation, but Madeleine looked quite angry at those photos taken of her on Thursday in New York.

Last edited:
I guess she rather could have asked Victoria for the job as bridesmaid. If I would have a sister I would have asked her for being my bridesmaid. But as she said in the interview last week she won't have bridesmaids I think the whole "discussion" should be closed.

Last edited:
MTV3 quotes the article in Expressen:

Carl Philip causes trouble in Madeleine's wedding arrangements. Madeleine told at the court website, that she will not have bridesmaids at her wedding. However, Madeleine had earlier planned that she would ask Emma Pernald among others as her bridesmaid.
According to Expressen Carl Philip is angry because Madeleine hasn't asked Sofia Hellqvist as her bridesmaid. Carl Philip had promised to be Chris' bestman, but now he threatens to take back the promise because Madeleine doesn't accept Sofia as her bridesmaid.
According to Expressen Madeleine has talked about her "bridesmaid problem" both with her parents and Carl Philip. Anyway, the prince hasn't given up with his request.
Carl Philip ja Madeleine riidoissa Sofiasta kaaso - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Why should she be required to ask Sofia? It is her wedding! It is not Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding -but Madeline and Chris's! He needs to grow up!!!!!!!! Madeline should not feel pressured to cater to her childish brothers demands! I think Sofia can be a big girl and get over it... Perhaps it's only Carl Philip who has the issue with this. For Sofia's sake and reputation with the Swedish people, lets hope she is okay with Madeline's decision and respects it!

Now Expressen has put the original article about the bridesmaid problem to it's website and Johan T Lindwall's article is even more "dramatic" than the finnish MTV3 version.

The real reason that Madeleine will not have bridesmaids is not a royal tradition, but a a row with Carl Philip about Sofia. Three weeks ago Madeleine had asked five of her closest friends to be her bridesmaids: Charlotte Cederlund, Katarina von Horn, Natalie Werner, Louise Gottlieb and Emma Pernald. They had all accepted and Madeleine informed her family.
Carl Philip hit the roof when he heard that his ex-girlfriend was one of the chosen but his girlfriend Sofia Hellqvist wasn't asked. The situation is even more complicated because Carl Philip had agreed to be best man for Chris. Carl Philip made it clear that he wasn't going to be a best man unless Sofia got to be bridesmaid. Madeleine doesn't want Sofia to be a bridesmaid, so she decided not to have bridesmaids at all.
Bertil Ternert from the press department says that this is unknown information to him. The Princess went out at the court's website and told about the wedding because there has been speculation about if it will be bridesmaids and in such cases who.
Mats Danielsson, etiquette expert says about the decision that he can understand the reasoning. At the same time Carl Philip should accept that Madeleine is good friends with his former girlfriend, he should concentrate on his current girlfriend.
Expressen has unsuccessfully sought Sofia Hellqvist for a comment.
Prinsessan Madeleine i tärnbråk – med Sofia Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Spoilt Brat alert! If this is true Carl-Philip is being as unbrotherly as you could get and Madeleine has given in to him. It is her wedding day, and Emma is her friend.

None of this sounds true to me- it sounds like a silly tabloid story and I doubt this happened.

I think "if this is true" is the key here. To me, it sounds like a work of imagination and certainly not a fact.
I agree though that it is Madeleine's day and she should only be surrounded by people she wants to be there, in whatever capacity.

I wouldn't be surpised if Sofia turns up to Madeleine's wedding wearing a new tiara especially made for her by Carl Philip.

I wouldn't be surpised if Sofia turns up to Madeleine's wedding wearing a new tiara especially made for her by Carl Philip.

Wouldn't this officially be made by the swedish people as that is officially be where Carl Philip era his money? Or, does he make a lot being a race car driver?

If that is the case, it wouldn't be very fair as neither Victoria or Madeline received on recently, so Why should she? Plus, there are plenty of unbelievably GORGEOUS jewels in the foundation that she can wear.

Wouldn't this officially be made by the swedish people as that is officially be where Carl Philip era his money? Or, does he make a lot being a race car driver?

If that is the case, it wouldn't be very fair as neither Victoria or Madeline received on recently, so Why should she? Plus, there are plenty of unbelievably GORGEOUS jewels in the foundation that she can wear.
As all three of the royal children got their share of the family fortune when infants, Carl Philip have more than enough money to pay for private jewels to give to his girlfriend, the latest official information about how much each member of the royal family got from income from capital (shares etc) was in 2008, and then it was almost Skr 1 000 000, and he also gets an appanage each year. The appanage is money from the Swedish tax-payers, the capital is private royal income. For more info, see here: Kungen och kapitalet - Ekot

As Carl Philip is a designer he might want to create something special for Sofia, as I doubt she will be allowed to borrow something from the Bernadotte vaults until she's at least engaged, if not married, and I don't think that will happen before Madeleine's wedding.

As for personal tiaras to Victoria and Madeleine, they get as much income from capital as Carl Philip gets, so if they want their own tiaras, they don't lack funds to buy one.

A political scientist and lead author on the liberal news agency, David Ekstrand thinks that the children of Madeleine and Chris may lose their right of succession - if they choose to live in the United States. In the order of succession are two requirements. Heir to the throne is brought up in and belong to Protestantism. And the heir to the throne should be reared within the country. If Madeleine and Chris O'Neill remain in the U.S., there is a tremendous uncertainty, he says.
However, it is not specifically said that a royal who was born abroad do not get to the throne. Ekstrand doesn't believe that a minimal visit in Sweden is enough.
After The Government Bill on female succession from 1977 Supreme Court wrote in its consultation response: "No other legal consequence would not be eligible than that an overseas educated heir to the throne and all his descendants lose their right of succession."

Ekstrand says that it is therefore reasonable to assume that an heir should have been registered in Sweden for most of his childhood. Now is not likely that Madeleine's and Chris' children are candidates for the throne. But the mere thought that this scenario would lead to a constitutional crisis, unless she and Chris moved to Sweden before the children had become too old, is a bit worrying.
The court says that there is currently no end date for Madeleine's stay in the United States.
- We refrain from commenting on this issue more than that, says Bertil Ternert.
’Barnet kan förlora sin rätt till tronen’ Nyheter Aftonbladet

MTV3 quotes Expressen
According to Expressen yesterday was decided, that on the 6th June Madeleine and Chris attend with the rest of the royal family at the National Day celebration in Skansen.
On the 7th June is a dinner for the closest family, relatives and friends, dress code will be black tie.
According to Expressen it was decided that the wedding will be at three o'clock in the afternoon at the Royal Palace, this time can change though.
After the wedding the celebration continues at the Drottningholm Palace. The wedding will be send on TV.
Bertil Ternert said to Expressen, that he will not comment any news about the wedding at this point.
Madeleinen häistä kolmipäiväiset juhlat - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Last edited:
According to Johan T Lindwall Chris arrived late last night to Stockholm.
He and Madeleine arrived a little before nine o'clock to the Royal Palace to a meeting, where every detail of the wedding will be decided. Expressen has photos of Madeleine and Chris from this morning.
Chris och kungen i hemligt möte Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Seems Prince Carl Philip attended as well.
Pictures Madeleine ja Chris valmistelevat kesähäitään Tukholmassa | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

A political scientist and lead author on the liberal news agency, David Ekstrand thinks that the children of Madeleine and Chris may lose their right of succession - if they choose to live in the United States. In the order of succession are two requirements. Heir to the throne is brought up in and belong to Protestantism. And the heir to the throne should be reared within the country. If Madeleine and Chris O'Neill remain in the U.S., there is a tremendous uncertainty, he says.
However, it is not specifically said that a royal who was born abroad do not get to the throne. Ekstrand doesn't believe that a minimal visit in Sweden is enough.
After The Government Bill on female succession from 1977 Supreme Court wrote in its consultation response: "No other legal consequence would not be eligible than that an overseas educated heir to the throne and all his descendants lose their right of succession."

Ekstrand says that it is therefore reasonable to assume that an heir should have been registered in Sweden for most of his childhood. Now is not likely that Madeleine's and Chris' children are candidates for the throne. But the mere thought that this scenario would lead to a constitutional crisis, unless she and Chris moved to Sweden before the children had become too old, is a bit worrying.
The court says that there is currently no end date for Madeleine's stay in the United States.
- We refrain from commenting on this issue more than that, says Bertil Ternert.
’Barnet kan förlora sin rätt till tronen’ Nyheter Aftonbladet

MTV3 quotes Expressen
According to Expressen yesterday was decided, that on the 6th June Madeleine and Chris attend with the rest of the royal family at the National Day celebration in Skansen.
On the 7th June is a dinner for the closest family, relatives and friends, dress code will be black tie.
According to Expressen it was decided that the wedding will be at three o'clock in the afternoon at the Royal Palace, this time can change though.
After the wedding the celebration continues at the Drottningholm Palace. The wedding will be send on TV.
Bertil Ternert said to Expressen, that he will not comment any news about the wedding at this point.
We have more royals in line to the throne than in several generations. Whether Madeleines children will be in line is probably irrelevant at this point.

MTV3 quotes Expressen

How reliable is this report?

How reliable is this report?

It is a report from a "evening paper". Some articles of Expressen and Aftonbladet have the right information, some don't. But it is already earlier said that there will be a dinner on Friday, the wedding will be at the Royal Chapel and Madeleine herself told that the celebration will continue in Drottningholm Palace.

It seems only natural that the whole family is taking part at the planning of the wedding. Victoria and Daniel were in Italy so they couldn't attend.

Expressen has a video of Madeleine's and Chris' "secret" meeting with singer Peter Jöback at Operakällaren on Tuesday. Madeleine is smoking outside while Peter comes out and hugs her, Chris arrives a little later and Peter hugs him. According to Lindwall they want Peter Jöback to sing at their wedding at the Royal Chapel.
Madeleines hemliga möte med Jöback | Kungligt | Kungligt

It seems that Johan T Lindwall has quite good sources, only Expressen had the article of the meeting at the Palace and now this video.

Last edited:

I think this pretty much guarantees that Sofia will be present at the wedding -I thought she always would be. This is however the first time I have seen any reference to her not being on the guest list/invited by Madeline or Chris. I personally don't know how much I really believe Hello Magazine half of the time despite the fact that I read them. I love their photos more than anything!

Expressen has a video of Madeleine and Victoria going to a plane, to Madeleine's hen party.

According to Expressen Victoria kidnapped Madeleine to her hen party - Victoria and Madeleine's friends came to Hovstallet (where Madeleine lives) at lunch time, they took Madeleine to a plane which headed to Europe, landing first to Brussels, but the trip continued from there. The party will last for three days, and the main planner was queen Silvia, with Victoria.
Här kidnappas Madde av vännerna Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Cover of Expressen
Silvia's cool bluff - fooled Madde at the hen party
http://www.expressen.se/ImageHandle...nal&guid=76509726-b7d2-4ba1-a952-bec507a5240d

Finnish MTV3 quotes the article in Expressen:
Madeleine thought it was an extra wedding planning meeting. She has been in Stockholm for two weeks and had stated that she would travel back to New York in the weekend, but Queen Silvia had persuaded her to stay in Sweden under the guise of the wedding planning.
The event's true nature was revealed to Madeleine very soon. At 11:55 on Friday ten people were already at Bromma airport on the way for Geneva.
After arriving to Geneva, a minibus carried them to a nearby ski resort, and after arriving at the hotel they had a five-course dinner. A hen party with three days with downhill skiing, bubble bath and champagne. Besides Victoria, the group consists of Louise Gottlieb, Charlotte Cederlund, Ellen Dinkelspiel, Louise Cronstedt, Lovisa De Geer, Natalie Rosta Werner, Katarina Von Horn and Emma Pernald.
Madeleinen polttariyllätys onnistui – juhlinta alkoi - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV3.fi

Last edited:
Expressen has a short video of Madeleine, Victoria and the others skiing.
Victoria is the one with a helmet.
Maddes roliga snöhippa! | Nyheter | Expressen.tv

At Expressen article Bertil Ternert comments: They are good at skiing, they have been doing that for many, many years. It has been on the program several times. So it was a fitting destination.
Victoria was telling to others: Just wonderful. Fantastic.
During the afternoon they stopped at a restaurant where they had a table by the window and could see out over the view. The resort is very high - the view from the slopes is both breathtaking and beautiful. The whole group came late yesterday afternoon down to the village to stroll around the town's tiny squares. They looked into several shops selling clothes, jewelery and bags of exclusive brands. After a while, they returned to the hotel and to a dinner in the evening.
Här njuter Madeleine och vännerna i backen Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Photos of Madeleine, Victoria and Madeleine's friends skiing at the Alps at Madeleine's hen party.
APA-PictureDesk

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fun for them...unfortunatley it has to end soon! Hope that doesn't afect Madeleine!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom