Madeleine & Chris's 2nd Child: Guess the Sex, Name, Godparents and Duchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will it be?

• Boy

Votes: 43 55.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Twins: Boy & Girl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Twins: Two Boys

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Twins: Two Girls

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
What do you think?

I think we will have

for a Princess:

HRH Princess Isabella Eva Silvia of Sweden, Duchess of Halland

for a Prince:

HRH Prince Carl Paul Antonio of Sweden, Duke of Halland.

For Godparents:

HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden
Annalisa O'Neill
Henry d'Abo
Oscar Magnusson
Cedric Notz
Anne De Geer

I can only maek few guesses I think:
I think it will be another girl... And born in the last week of June 2015

Woahh not expected at all! Congratulations to the couple! (I was expecting an announcement from Victoria to be honest) The date was not provided... Only that the baby is due in summer of 2015. Maybe she hasn't reached the 3 months mark and will release a date later... I suspect it might late June/early July though...

About the wedding: if she is due in that weeks I guess she won't go to the the ceremony

This is another pregnancy who took me by surprised! I'm happy for them! I guess the birth will be sometimes in late June...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing another girl for Princess Madeleine and Chris.

Princess Alice Silvia Eva of Sweden, Duchess of Skåne (I'm not really sure about the duchy).

I think Prince Carl Philip will be one of the godparents, or maybe Prince Daniel.

Oh, thanks :flowers:

I really hope this time it will be a boy and the first grandson of the king.

I think this one will be a boy, Princess Paul Bertil Gustaf Duke of either Oland or Halland
Godparents:
Prince Carl Phillip
Prince Daniel
Chris's sister Analisa
One of the Manguson or Baronial (Princess Desiree's kids) cousins
Emma Pernald
Chris's friend Cedric

I am thinking that one of the Godparents will be Karini Gustafson

A boy: Erik Walter Christopher
A girl: Annalisa Renate Madeleine

Duchy: of Halland.

Godparents: Prince Carl-Philip, one of Chris' nieces, Oscar Magnusson, Vivien Sommerlath and two friends.

My vote goes to a boy!
Princess Leonore will have a little brother - Prince Johann :baby:
I think baby's godparents will be Prince Carl Philip and one of Christopher's sisters

Anyway congeatulations to the Madeleine , Christopher and Leonore :flowers:

Last edited:
Congrats to them; I also hoped for a second Child for Victoria, but I fear it won't happen.

It will be a boy. I guess his/her's names are

Boy: Bertil Gustav Adolf
Girl: Lovisa Ulrika Marie

Duchy: Småland

Such a delightful surprise. I think it may be another girl but I'm probably wrong.

My initial guesses:
A Prince: Hugo Gustaf Paul, Duke of Uppland
A Princess: Mathilda Silvia Pauline, Duchess of Småland

Godparents:
Prince Carl Philip of Sweden
Countess Natascha von Abensberg-Traun
A Magnuson or Sommerlath cousin
Perhaps one of Christopher's nieces or nephews
Charlotte Kreuger Cederlund
Cedric Notz

Duke or Duchess of Smaland?

The kid will be known as the Ikea prince or princess very soon ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

A Girl - Princess Sibylla Victoria Eva Christina

I'll guess another daughter.

Names for a daughter:
Victoria Ingrid Josephine
Sybilla Charlotte Silvia

Names for a son:
Carl-Bertil Paul Walter
Walter Christian Gustav

Godparents:
Daniel, one of Chris's sisters, Carl-Philip, a cousin, two friends.

Last edited:
I'd love for them to have a boy, but I think it's going to a girl.

Swedish baby names are hard to guess, they always surprise us - nobody expected names like Estelle or Leonore for the little princesses!

As for Godparents - Carl Philip, one of Chris's sisters or nieces/nephews, a friend of Madeleine's, a Bernadotte or Sommerlath cousin, a friend of Christopher's.

Also in the names I see Madeleine honouring someone from her and/or Chris's family.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's bound to happen one day... Has any royal family or noble family ever had triplets? Not being silly, but can anyone actually recall?

I hope that the little prince or princess will become duke/duchess of one of the Swedish counties that have not yet had a royal duke/duchess: Blekinge, Bohuslän, Ångermanland, Härjedalen, Medelpad, Lappland or Norrbotten.

I think Madeleine and Chris will have another girl. I had guessed Lovisa for Leonore, so that will be my guess for Baby No. Two. I hope they will resurrect names that haven't been used within the SRF in recent times, but as Princess B said they often surprise us with the names of new little royals. Estelle and Leonore both came accross as total surprises when I heard them, but Estelle more so. For middle names, I quite like, Lovisa Ingrid Ulrika, and as Leonore has two middle names (Lilian Maria) I think their next child will have two middle names also.

For boys, I like Oscar and would love to see a little Prince Oscar. I like the sound of Prince Oscar Betil Gustaf. As they honoured Princess Lilian with Leonore's middle names, it would be lovely if they honoured Prince Bertil if they have a son.

Regarding Duchies, I quite like Meraude's idea of creating a new Duchy from a County that doesn't have one yet. The Duke or Duchess of Norrbotten has a nice ring to it.

It's bound to happen one day... Has any royal family or noble family ever had triplets? Not being silly, but can anyone actually recall?

I read on the "Royal Twins" thread that the House of Waldeck and Pyrmont have triplets. Their names are Zita-Florentine, Henry-Oscar and John-Moritz. Another post also said that in the House of Corsini there are triplets. Their names are Cosimo, Luisa and Mariuka. I also heard that there have been triplets in the British Nobility, but I could be imagining things. :flowers:

My guesses for a girl:

Caroline Silvia Josephine
Elise Silvia Victoria
Amelie Silvia Alice
Louisa Silvia Victoria
Catherine Silvia Margrethe
Isabella Silvia Therese
Josephine Silvia Eva
Isabella Silvia Desiree
Henrietta Silvia Desiree

Last edited:
I suspect if they have a boy, it'll be named after Chris' father.

I have no idea for names if it's a girl, they blindsided me with Lenore

For a Prince: Johan Fredrik Adolph

Johan was the second name of the first King of the Bernadotte dynasty, Karl XIV Johan.
Fredrik is for King Fredrik I.
Adolph is the middle name of Gustaf V Adolph.

HereditaryPrincess, Fredrik is the Swedish spelling of Frederick.

For a Princess: Cecilia Helena Frederica

Pavel is an Old Swedish variant form of Povel, which is an Old Swedish variant form of Pauel (Paul).

For a Prince: Ulrik Kristoffer Halvar

Duchy of Vasterbotten
Duchy of Dalsland

For a Prince: Valter
Valter, a form of Walter, in honor of Walther Sommerlath, Queen Silvia's father.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a Prince: Johan Fredrik Adolph

Johan was the second name of the first King of the Bernadotte dynasty, Karl XIV Johan.
Fredrik is for King Fredrik I.
Adolph is the middle name of Gustaf V Adolph.

I doubt they will choose Adolph. I think after a certain Chancellor that name (and any other name related to it, such as Adolphus, Adolphine [the feminisation] etc) has become unusable, even if it has been used in the SRF before. I like the idea of Johan (though out of personal preference I would spell it Johann) however, and Fredrik is an interesting variation of Frederik/Frederick. Is it the Swedish spelling? I've never come across it before.

I would love if the baby was named Catherine if it is a girl. There have been a few Queens of Sweden named Catherine.

I doubt they will choose Adolph. I think after a certain Chancellor that name (and any other name related to it, such as Adolphus, Adolphine [the feminisation] etc) has become unusable, even if it has been used in the SRF before.

I agree - that name is radioactive. Not sure how many hundreds of years before a royal dusts it off.

I would love if the baby was named Catherine if it is a girl. There have been a few Queens of Sweden named Catherine.

I really love the name Catherine too. Simple, regal and underused in royal world. I have the feeling this one might be a boy, however.

Catherine is a great suggestion and I didn't realise there had been Queens of Sweden with that name in the past. However, I'm not sure if it's the same in Sweden, but I read the Scandinavian way of spelling Catherine is Cathrin. Granted, not Swedish, but Princess Astrid of Norway has a daughter who spells her name like this (Cathrin Ferner).

I also like Catharina but I'm not sure if they would choose that as it is the full name of the Princess of Orange, and there's also a Princess Katharina of Saxe-Coburg Gotha. IIRC the Saxe-Coburg Gotha Family is quite close to the SRF as they attended both CP Victoria and Princess Madeleine's wedding.

HereditaryPrincess, Fredrik is the Swedish spelling of Frederick.

Thank you. I had thought so, but wasn't entirely sure, so just wanted a confirmation. :flowers:

I also like Catharina but I'm not sure if they would choose that as it is the full name of the Princess of Orange

Imo the name is general enough and they are quite far removed from the Dutch RF, so that wouldn't be a problem if they like that name (btw, the Princess of Orange is generally referred to as Amalia, even in public by her parents)

Catherine is a great suggestion and I didn't realise there had been Queens of Sweden with that name in the past. However, I'm not sure if it's the same in Sweden, but I read the Scandinavian way of spelling Catherine is Cathrin. Granted, not Swedish, but Princess Astrid of Norway has a daughter who spells her name like this (Cathrin Ferner).

I also like Catharina but I'm not sure if they would choose that as it is the full name of the Princess of Orange, and there's also a Princess Katharina of Saxe-Coburg Gotha. IIRC the Saxe-Coburg Gotha Family is quite close to the SRF as they attended both CP Victoria and Princess Madeleine's wedding.

Thank you. I had thought so, but wasn't entirely sure, so just wanted a confirmation. :flowers:

There are many same/similar names between the various royal families (Princess Eleonore of Belgium/Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau/Leonor, the Princess of Asturias) and that's no problem. And how about the past: there were so many Alexandras and Victorias.
In the current Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg, there are even three Jeans and two Guillaumes.

Imo the name is general enough and they are quite far removed from the Dutch RF, so that wouldn't be a problem if they like that name (btw, the Princess of Orange is generally referred to as Amalia, even in public by her parents)

I know that the Princess of Orange is often referred to as Amalia. I was just pointing out that Catharina is part of her full name. You're correct about the DRF being quite "distanced" from the SRF, so I doubt Catharina would be a problem, but as I said before the little Princess of Saxe-Coburg Gotha would perhaps be a consideration as as I understand it, the Saxe-Coburg Gotha Family are quite close to the SRF.

There are many same/similar names between the various royal families (Princess Eleonore of Belgium/Countess Leonore of Orange-Nassau/Leonor, the Princess of Asturias) and that's no problem. And how about the past: there were so many Alexandras and Victorias.
In the current Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg, there are even three Jeans and two Guillaumes.

That's a good point. There are a lot of Eleonores (and variants of the name) in Europe and other RFs (I do believe there is a Princess Eleonora in Brazil, but I could be incorrect here) and I think that's one of the most popular names within the royal world at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom