It's A Girl: HRH Princess Leonore Lilian Maria of Sweden: February 20, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris till Expressen:
The name, then? What will it be?
- "You will find out soon. Until then it's a secret."
I wrote in Expressen that I think it's Alice. Am I right?
Chris smiles.
- "We'll see. Soon, you will know.

Title makes no difference on us citizenship. Grace Kelly's children travelled on US passports until they became adults, It was a smart move by PR. France was less likely to invade Monaco when the heirs were American citizens.

I don't think that she should have a title, Princess Madeline role in sweden is little, she wants to live in new york, have a normal live... she didn't make any photo call outside the hospital to show her daugther, she was treated like a celebrity not royal...However I think that even that she wants to keep her daughter apart from the royal life she is wlays the queen and the king grandaugther so... and all this fuss around her name... she should clear out if she is living amoung royal rules or not...

Princess Madeline is far from the only royal not to have a photo call outside the hospital when her daughter was born. I don't believe Victoria did and she is heir. Nor is she first spare to live outside of her country and have her own life. Unlike the UK, younger siblings in other monarchies seem to have very independent lives. She does represent Sweden at events in the UK and US, and is working for her mother's charity. I would not be surprised if that was the plan for her. When Sylvia retires, I expect for Madeline to be named her replacement as head of Child. She also doesn't receive state money, so what she does or does not do is little concern. The King yes funds her, but he would get the same amount of money every year even if he wasn't funding her, he chooses how he spends his money. It is the same in the UK, why I laugh when people think slimming down the monarchy will save tax payers money. Chuck will get the same funds his mother did (ontop of Lancaster which is separate). He will just get more, as he will not have to split it so many ways. The only way tax payers will save is on security. Tax payers will get less work for the same amount of money.

The king left New York on Sunday, so maybe konselj/cabinet on Wednesday.

At first I thought Tuesday, but probably not since no press announcement yet.

No, the king was on Monday afternoon still in New York, Johan T Lindwall writes in his article that the king and queen came to Madeleine's and Chris' home just before Eva O'Neill arrived at 13.00 for the first time to see her granddaughter. Eva had a gift bag from exclusive fashion house Shanghai Tang. The king and queen stayed about three hours and Eva O'Neill a little longer. The king and queen drove straight from Manhattan to Newark airport. They were booked on SAS direct flight SK 904 home against Sweden and Arlanda.
Prinsessans första möte med sin farmor Nyheter Expressen

Translation

If Lindwall has correct information, the king and queen arrive to Sweden this morning.

Photos of Chris with his mother and some photos of the king yesterday.
Fotobanka CTK

Last edited:
So we can hope for a cabinet meeting on Wednesday...

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I am getting more excited about the little baby's name and if she will be titled or not.

Yes, but I would imagine such details would have been sorted out long ago.
There are after all nine months delivery on babies.

I can hardly imagine the US government veto a title bestowed to the child of a foreign citizen, who also happens to be royal, even if that child is also a US citizen. It's merely a question of that title not being acknowleged publicly on US soil.
In Sweden it's a matter of what the Monarch decides and I can hardly imagine the Swedish government veto a title and certainly not in the last minute.

You are correct - there are plenty of U.S. citizens with titles. They're not deported, they are simply not legally recognized just like many countries.

Wow! I'm so looking forward to hear the baby's name :whistling:
I'm continuely betting little Alva O'Neil or Lilla O'Neil :D

My understanding her parents requested no title. Since she was born and will be raised in us no tile. We will see.

The Duke

I have a feeling she will get a title. Maybe not a princess but a duchess for sure. And I am still betting on Natalie like I wrote on the name thread.

I don't think the court's attorney would have mentioned a title, if there wasn't one coming. It may not be a full title like Estelle's but don't see this baby being plain old Miss O'Neil.

Marlene Koenig ‏@royalmusing 18m
The name and title of Princess Madeleine's baby will be announce at 3PM on Wednesday (that's 8 am on the US east coast)

Marlene Koenig ‏@royalmusing 18m
The name and title of Princess Madeleine's baby will be announce at 3PM on Wednesday (that's 8 am on the US east coast)

Thanks,3pm Swedish time?

So that means around 4pm here in the UK/Ireland,I'll be just home from work!

Thanks,3pm Swedish time?

So that means around 4pm here in the UK/Ireland,I'll be just home from work!
Yes 3pm swedish time. but arent you guys hour behind sweden, not ahead? so it should be 2pm your time.

Almost everybody expect that the baby has a title but she will be a HRH or just a HH? Is there anything before that make the king give a different title for the baby?

Almost everybody expect that the baby has a title but she will be a HRH or just a HH? Is there anything before that make the king give a different title for the baby?

Funny,I was just sitting here thinking about that :)

It's definitely possible. There is really no recent precedent for this scenario in Sweden, no one has married, retained their HRH, and then had children in a long time. I am guessing she will be a HRH, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did HH either.

The press releases of the cabinet meeting due to Estelle's birth and today are different.
Estelle's cabinet meeting
"of the title, name and assigned duchy..."
Press information before cabinet briefing and Te Deum on Friday February 24, 2012 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Today:
"of the title, name and given name..."
Cabinet meeting, Wednesday 26 February 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Thanks for pointing this out, Lady Finn!
The Swedish text confused me a bit, stating ..'barnets titel, namn samt tilltalsnamm' will be announced. Maybe my Swedish is not up to scratch,but I understand that "tilltalsnamn" is the first name you are normally using if you have more than one first/Christian name, like Sylvia Lillian Alice!

(Mind the trap ;)!!: In some countries (like mine) you can have two or more first names. Other countries define subsequent first names as 'middle' names'" )

viv

Oh, so perhaps she will be given a name that honours someone in the close family as the first name but be called by one of her other names. Great observation! That seems likely. Maybe it will be Lilian after all (I realise that Princess Lilian is dead, but they may feel like the name is too connected to Lilian). Or perhaps it will be Silvia or Victoria? Victoria Silvia Alice Pauline, called Alice or Pauline, sounds nice.

Anything else would be a joke. You'll find the same pattern everywhere, Spain, Denmark, Norway, its either HH or even nothing at all for the heirs' siblings' kids, depending on the parents' whishes. To make Maddes' girl HRH would be a strep in a very wrong direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom