General Information on Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Svensk Damtidning wrote that the penthouse where Madeleine and Chris now live, is owned by a well-known female doctor, they pay rent for it SEK 107000, about 12100 euros a month. About Madeleine and Chris moving to Roosevelt Island, the paper article in Svensk Damtidning says that it could be a possibility. I'm quite sure that the magazine tells in a couple of weeks, where Madeleine's and Chris' new home is.

About that 220 square metres isn't big enough, perhaps they need rooms for a nanny?

And why would Daniel have something to do with Chris' career? The reason Chris quit at the Noster Capital was probably the huge amount of bad press he got because of his job there.

I just wondered because of the "entpreneur" thing which Daniel is so involved in.

220 square meters is about 2,381 square feet by my calculations. That's already a huge amount of space in Manhattan.

They might be European by birth, but they have certainly become American!

2300 sq.ft is not by any standard "large". For a couple of their social standing and wealth they are living very modestly.

Svensk Damtidning wrote that the penthouse where Madeleine and Chris now live, is owned by a well-known female doctor, they pay rent for it SEK 107000, about 12100 euros a month. About Madeleine and Chris moving to Roosevelt Island, the paper article in Svensk Damtidning says that it could be a possibility. I'm quite sure that the magazine tells in a couple of weeks, where Madeleine's and Chris' new home is.

About that 220 square metres isn't big enough, perhaps they need rooms for a nanny?

I am sure they'll have a live in person to take care of the baby/household. As Roosevelt Island is far more restricted than Manhattan, maybe they plan to escape some pararazzis there, on the other hand, both don't strike me as Roosevelt Island people. Its very small, there are restrictions on cars etc. I think most people commute for work into Manhattan by cable car.

Yes, the swedish media found out after the wedding that Chris had quitted working for Noster Capital already before the wedding. Swedish media told in the summer that Chris would start his own business and work as a "business angel" for young entrepreneurs and investors. But the media hasn't told anything about Chris' work after the summer.

Chris was a partner and head of research in Noster investment firm so he most likely sold his share rather than "quitting". His involvement in the hedge fund would have made the fund too tempting for Swedish journalists to start digging for information. Both the fund itself and the investors would have lost any privacy and confidentiality.

By being an "angel" investor he certainly would have a similar interest as Prince Daniel. Funding and encouraging star-up companies seem to lay in both their interest. It is also a very lucrative form of investing. Just look at the original Twitter and Facebook investors.

According to swedish gossip magazine Se & Hör (which Stoppa pressarna quotes) Madeleine and Chris have bought a 250 square metres apartment (6 rooms and a kitchen) from Stockholm. There has been a thorough renovation.
- Everything is top secret and only the board of the housing society knows who the new neighbors are, says a source to Se & Hör.
Madeleine och Chris köper lyxigt drömboende i Stockholm

How reliable could this report be?

Se & Hör is a bad gossip magazine, so it really isn't reliable, but sometimes even they got the right information. I guess we will later find out if this is true.

Does anyone know what is usually the tradition/rule in Sweden when it comes to the HRH title? I wonder if its even possible for Madeleine's child to become an HRH?

In Denmark only the children of the monarch and the children of the heir will get the title HRH. The next lines are only HH.

So for example in Denmark this means that Crown Prince Frederik's children are all HRH, while Prince Joachim's children are only HH (eventhough Prince Joachim is HRH himself). In the future only Prince Christian's children will be HRH, while the rest of Mary and Frederik's grand children can only become HH. (Of couse depending on the different circumstances that may arise, some may even just be private citizens).

Also a slightly similar case is when Princess Benedicte of Denmark married. She kept her title and succession rights after she married and moved to Germany, though I do think this also had something to do with the fact that she was only second in line to the throne at that time. Her children don't have succession rights as they weren't raised in Denmark which was a prerequisite.

Maybe something similar will be the case in Sweden?

Does anyone know what is usually the tradition/rule in Sweden when it comes to the HRH title? I wonder if its even possible for Madeleine's child to become an HRH?

In Denmark only the children of the monarch and the children of the heir will get the title HRH. The next lines are only HH.

So for example in Denmark this means that Crown Prince Frederik's children are all HRH, while Prince Joachim's children are only HH (eventhough Prince Joachim is HRH himself). In the future only Prince Christian's children will be HRH, while the rest of Mary and Frederik's grand children can only become HH. (Of couse depending on the different circumstances that may arise, some may even just be private citizens).

Also a slightly similar case is when Princess Benedicte of Denmark married. She kept her title and succession rights after she married and moved to Germany, though I do think this also had something to do with the fact that she was only second in line to the throne at that time. Her children don't have succession rights as they weren't raised in Denmark which was a prerequisite.

Maybe something similar will be the case in Sweden?

I have written to this forum many times that the king's lawyer Axel Calissendorff told to swedish magazine Svensk Damtidning in September that the child will be a prince or a princess and since Madeleine is a HRH, her child will be also a HRH, so it seems that it is possible in Sweden. Or otherwise the king's lawyer has made a fool of himself.
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/e96db138#/e96db138/2

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Indeed, the question of Princess Madeleine’s children’s titles has been asked and answered many times over in this forum.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...xpecting-first-child-35754-7.html#post1598266
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...xpecting-first-child-35754-9.html#post1608581
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...xpecting-first-child-35754-9.html#post1608586
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...pecting-first-child-35754-10.html#post1609198
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...d-chriss-first-child-35756-4.html#post1615270
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...pecting-first-child-35754-15.html#post1615721

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]With all due respect, it would be considerate of posters to perform a forum search prior to asking for information that has been posted six times within the last three months.

[/FONT]
Does anyone know what is usually the tradition/rule in Sweden when it comes to the HRH title?

The tradition is that all Princes and Princesses of Sweden are styled Royal Highness.

I have written to this forum many times that the king's lawyer Axel Calissendorff told to swedish magazine Svensk Damtidning in September that the child will be a prince or a princess and since Madeleine is a HRH, her child will be also a HRH, so it seems that it is possible in Sweden. Or otherwise the king's lawyer has made a fool of himself.
SDT1338_

i'm not too sure this will be the case: look at the issue of the king's sisters:

• Birgitta married a prince who was HSH: their children are HSH and not HRH (this marriage was the only "equal" marriage)
  • Désirée married a baron: their children are barons or baronesses
  • Christina married a Mr: her children are styled as normal citizens
i think it's likely that madeleine's children will be just mr/miss o neill.

i'm not too sure this will be the case: look at the issue of the king's sisters:

• Birgitta married a prince who was HSH: their children are HSH and not HRH (this marriage was the only "equal" marriage)
  • Désirée married a baron: their children are barons or baronesses
  • Christina married a Mr: her children are styled as normal citizens
i think it's likely that madeleine's children will be just mr/miss o neill.

I have personally said nothing about if Madeleine's children will be a HRH or not. I have just written what the Kings's lawyer Calissendorff has said. But I would feel extremely embarrassed if the King's lawyer would tell to the press something that wouldn't be possible or not discussed with the King, Madeleine and Chris before he tells it to the press. I would assume that if Madeleine and Chris would have told that they want their children to be just mr/miss O'Neill, the lawyer would have said it or said that he will not comment at this before the child is born.
And about the King's sisters: There was another King when Margaretha, Birgitta and Désirée got married and got their children. Margaretha, Désirée and Christina lost their HRH's when they got married. And Christina wasn't the daughter of the King when she got married, she was the sister of the King. Margaretha, Désirée and Christina lost their HRH's because of their non-royal marriages, but the King decided that Madeleine can still be a HRH when she married Chris. So the King made a different decision as his predecessor. And the king's sisters weren't at the order of succession.
Margaretha, Désirée and Christina got the honorary titles: Princess Margaretha, mrs Ambler, Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld and Princess Christina, mrs Magnuson.
It is the King who decides about the titles and if the child will be a princess. But of course Madeleine and Chris can tell him if they don't want their daughter to be a princess and a HRH.

Last edited:
Hi! Maybe it was already posted... However I read that Chris is catholic... So, it's not a problem for a catholic to marry someone who is Christian but not catholic right? For example:princess Charlene had to convert to marry Prince Albert...

Charlene had to convert because of the princess title. Chris choose to stay a private citizen and not join the SRF. Thats why he could stay catholic. If he would have choosen to join the SRF he would have had to convert.

Geez it's been pretty quiet with madeleine and chris!!! No news or gossip!! Have anyone heard when they plan on arriving in Sweden?

Geez it's been pretty quiet with madeleine and chris!!! No news or gossip!! Have anyone heard when they plan on arriving in Sweden?

Did I miss something? Is this an official move to Sweden or just a visit?

Svensk Damtidning writes in this week's issue, that Madeleine and Chris are moving to their new home in New York before Madeleine arrives to Sweden to attend at the Nobel Prize ceremony on 10th December.
Svensk Damtidning writes that Madeleine and Chris want their new home to have a good and central location, a doorman, the apartment should be upper floor at the building, close to Madeleine's work at Childhood, there should be room for their child and a nanny and the apartment should be close to a park.

The court hasn't told when Chris arrives to Sweden. At the moment he isn't listed to the calendar to attend the queen's 70th birthday's official celebrations on 18th and 19th December.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning writes in this week's issue, that Madeleine and Chris are moving to their new home in New York before Madeleine arrives to Sweden to attend at the Nobel Prize ceremony on 10th December.
Svensk Damtidning writes that Madeleine and Chris want their new home to have a good and central location, a doorman, the apartment should be upper floor at the building, close to Madeleine's work at Childhood, there should be room for their child and a nanny and the apartment should be close to a park.

The court hasn't told when Chris arrives to Sweden. At the moment he isn't listed to the calendar to attend the queen's 70th birthday's official celebrations on 18th and 19th December.

Thanks!!! I saw in the beginning that he was listed on the calendar, then they took him off after!

Stoppa pressarna quotes Se & Hör
Madeleine abandoned by Chris until Christmas
First he dissed Princess Lilian's memorial service. Then he chose to pass up the Nobel banquet for the second year in a row. Now Chris O'Neill betrays princess Madeleine again because of work.
It seemed that Chris planned to attend the official celebration days around Queen Silvia's 70th birthday. But now Chris is forced also to reject the celebration of his mother-in-law, writes Se & Hör. On December 18, the reception at the Royal Palace and the day after the royal family gathers at Oscar Theatre to see the show "An Evening for Our Queen".
Madeleine is according to a source very unhappy about that Chris misses so many important events in Sweden. The pregnancy affects her mood and makes her extra sensitive. Therefore the princess seeks right now the support of mother Silvia.
- She gets lonely in Stockholm until the day before Christmas Eve. She seeks solace and support of her mother who nevertheless understands her son-in-law's workload in New York, said the informant to Se & Hör.
On the most important day, 23 December, Chris plans to attend.
Madeleine övergiven av Chris O’Neill fram till jul Stoppa Pressarna
Translation

Stoppa pressarna quotes Se & Hör
Madeleine abandoned by Chris until Christmas
First he dissed Princess Lilian's memorial service. Then he chose to pass up the Nobel banquet for the second year in a row. Now Chris O'Neill betrays princess Madeleine again because of work.
It seemed that Chris planned to attend the official celebration days around Queen Silvia's 70th birthday. But now Chris is forced also to reject the celebration of his mother-in-law, writes Se & Hör. On December 18, the reception at the Royal Palace and the day after the royal family gathers at Oscar Theatre to see the show "An Evening for Our Queen".
Madeleine is according to a source very unhappy about that Chris misses so many important events in Sweden. The pregnancy affects her mood and makes her extra sensitive. Therefore the princess seeks right now the support of mother Silvia.
- She gets lonely in Stockholm until the day before Christmas Eve. She seeks solace and support of her mother who nevertheless understands her son-in-law's workload in New York, said the informant to Se & Hör.
On the most important day, 23 December, Chris plans to attend.
Madeleine övergiven av Chris O’Neill fram till jul Stoppa Pressarna
Translation

Not sure what the big deal is, if the guy has to work he has to work!! Se & Hor surely makes things bigger then what it is.

Not sure what the big deal is, if the guy has to work he has to work!! Se & Hor surely makes things bigger then what it is.

Se & Hör is a gossip magazine, so of course they make flashing stories.

my feeling is that P.Madeleine knew what his career was like before they married and that part of the attraction was that he *wasn't* a regular royal so she could create a good life out of the royal spotlight... so this cannot come as a surprise to her..
(but than, that is not a headline a magazine could use ;) )

I think that its just the tabloids making more out of it or if Maddie is having an issue then its because she is pregnant and emotional. She knew what she was getting into before she married so there are no excuses for hissy fit behavior. I think its the media.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app

"A woman marries a man hoping he will change. A man marries a woman hoping she won't." They are both often disappointed.

The swedish media remembers last year when Chris didn't attend at the Nobel ceremonies on Monday and Tuesday because of his work, but already on Thursday he was with Madeleine in Switzerland to attend at Madeleine's friend's wedding.

The cover of Expressen Extra
Madeleine's difficult time without Chris
Psychologist: Important to be supported
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHand...b1-880c-9f078de89f1e&imageFormat=secondColumn

The swedish media remembers last year when Chris didn't attend at the Nobel ceremonies on Monday and Tuesday because of his work, but already on Thursday he was with Madeleine in Switzerland to attend at Madeleine's friend's wedding.

The cover of Expressen Extra
Madeleine's difficult time without Chris
Psychologist: Important to be supported
http://a.cdn-expressen.se/ImageHand...b1-880c-9f078de89f1e&imageFormat=secondColumn

Was that last Thrusday they were at the wedding? Because that was American thanksgiving a very big holiday for them. So makes sense weekend off has time to go to a wedding. But that's a lot of flying at her stage of pregnancy!

Was that last Thrusday they were at the wedding? Because that was American thanksgiving a very big holiday for them. So makes sense weekend off has time to go to a wedding. But that's a lot of flying at her stage of pregnancy!

No, as you can read, I was speaking about last year, last year's Nobel ceremony to which Chris couldn't attend because of his work, but two days later he went to Switzerland to attend at the wedding of Madeleine's friend, the wedding was a three-day event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom