Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström: August 11, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is surprise to me..Congratulations to the couple..

Yes, I think, her outfit wasn't the best choice and she's really too tanned IMO. But nevertheless they are a beautiful couple! I didn't see the ring, because I had problems to watch the interview...

October this year ????

NO!!! the soonest date for the wedding is in fall 2010. But in the interview Jonas said it could also be winter (January or Fabruary) 2011. I think in the next few weeks we will get the date of the wedding.

I think the ring is very simpel, as far as I have seen it, but I really like it. What do you think?

...And I need more details about that gorgeous diamond ring:carats,price etc.

Thanks for the link, Ducii :flowers: I think, its a beautiful ring, a bit simple, but I like it! :flowers:

Thanks for the link, Ducii :flowers: I think, its a beautiful ring, a bit simple, but I like it! :flowers:

sometimes simple things are more beautiful...and this ring is really beautiful

(Google translate)
From the press conference with the couple:

"Obviously, we want children together"

Aftonbladet.se followed the press conference on Princess Madeleine and Jonas Engagement from Solliden.

Press meeting ends with a photo opportunity. It nyförlovade pair looking shrouds in cameras. He Brera to smile when photographers ask him. When they go from where she takes his hand that was around her waist in his.

Madeleine shows up its call for the cameras again.

- It is unbelievably fantastic, could not imagine a better, "she says.

They reveal no details of the dream wedding.

- Time will tell, "says Madeleine.

Lawyer Jonas Bergström is Duke, when he marries.

- I thought it was a bonus to become a duke, "says Jonas and laughing with hand on the waist of his future wife.

Duchess and princess. Soon she also wife. And in the future, expecting a child, "says Madeleine.

- Of course we want children together, "she says.

- Above all, we had many wise advice of Victoria and Daniel, "says Madeleine.

- He has been through this so he has obviously been a great support to me, "says Jonas on contact with Daniel.

Where will ring from then?

- It knows Madeleine button so it is something I like to keep to myself.

Graduation Banquet will be held tonight.

- Tonight is engagement dinner, "she says.

- I am here because I am in love and in love with Madeleine.

How was the first meeting?

- I was 17 years the first time we saw each other. It said enough clicks there with. But took a few years ago we were together, "she says.

- It is a very natural step to take for us, "she says.

Both will continue to work as they have done so far.

For the rest of the royal family was no engagement shock. The couple had talked to them about the forthcoming engagement before they went to Capri.

- So they were getting it, "says Jonas.

They told what they fell for of each other.

- I fell for her beautiful blue eyes and her laugh, he said among other things.

- I fell for Jonas eyes. Jonas is truly the world's most kind person, very caring and a wonderful friend, "she says.

The wedding will be on LATE AUTUMN or winter 2010. But it is not certain that it is kept on Solliden.

- It might be a bit cold to have it down here, "she says.

Jonas Bergström tell how he was acquitted:

- I went down on his knees and proposed to the princess, "he says.

- And I replied that it is clear I want. It is the first day I may wear this, "she says, and shows up the ring for the cameras.

- It happened at the beginning of summer June 12, "she says.

They read from a script, but at the beginning of the press event sounds like the Jonas read before to.

- My name is Jonas Bergström. Was very early interested in sports.

He talked about his job.

She tells about frieriet.

- In early summer, we went to Kapri. It was in connection with this visit that Jonas proposed to me.

Princess:

- How happy I am to see everyone here today. I am extremely happy to see everyone. Me and Jonas has engaged us.

The press conference started at 16. Ingemar Eliasson, riksmarskalk, greeted welcome.

He told the lawyer Jonas Bergström receive the title Duke when he marries.

The wedding will be in late autumn or winter 2010.

her engagement ring is similar to Victoria's one but there are several small diamonds around the big one. it's a beautiful ring!!

Both sisters got two of the most stunning engagement rings!It's good that they are both simple:their diamonds manage to attract all the attention this way.

Jonas will be given the title Duke of Halsingland and Gastrikland.

Surprising,but lovely.

What fantastic news!

How about the Swedish royal family?! Usually they are very quiet...and then bam!

Two engagements! Madeline does look lovely (too tanned but that is always the case) and I agree that the dress doesn't complement her. But her happiness (and that of her fiance Jonas) you can't deny!

Now if we can use the same water that is in Sweden across the pond........

Contrats to the the couple:twohearts:, they're stunning and both beautiful. He looks like the Prince Charming in fairyales:wub:. I'm so happy that this royal family will have two wedding in such a short time!!!!!!!!!!!:swedenflag: I'm a little disappointed that he won't be style prince, because P.Jonas sound pretty good!!!!!!!!!!

What fantastic news!

How about the Swedish royal family?! Usually they are very quiet...and then bam!

Two engagements! Madeline does look lovely (too tanned but that is always the case) and I agree that the dress doesn't complement her. But her happiness (and that of her fiance Jonas) you can't deny!

Now if we can use the same water that is in Sweden across the pond........

These two are just drop dead gorgious,love in motion...
ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

Courtesy Fredrik Sandberg.

Is this the interview? Can someone translate it, please :flowers:?
Beautiful ring. Its very simple, but it looks very much like a engagment ring.

I also hope, that someone is able to translate this.

I only got a few sentences.

They said:
- Of course we want to have children together.
- Madeleine fell in love to Jonas when she was 17 years old.
-They got engaged on Capri on the 12 of June.
Is this right?

It is great news. Congratulations to Princess Madeleine and Mr. Bergstrom.
Will Mr. Bergstrom receive any title? Will Princess Madeleine retain her title or become Mrs. Bergstrom?

Will Mr. Bergstrom receive any title? Will Princess Madeleine retain her title or become Mrs. Bergstrom?

According to some posters, he will become Duke of Halsingland and Gastrikland. Which, I believe are Madeline's titles.

Question for our Swedish regulars......why is Jonas becoming a Duke and the Kings sisters, are known as Princess Christina, Desiree, etc Mrs. Magnusson, (I am throwing in the names as I know the King's sisters but not sure which one is Mrs. Magnusson, etc so I apologize if this wrong).

Is this a change in Swedish law? Did the sisters not have subsidary titles?

Jonas will be a duke after his wedding and Madeleine will still remain princess of sweden and duchess

Do you think Jonas will now participate in official events with the royal family???

The Danish media has a few articles about the newly engaged couple:
Billed-Bladet - Kongen godkendte Jonas på hemmeligt møde
This article says that the King approved Jonas during a secret meeting. It also claims that he is the favorite of the King (not sure if that means of the two fiances, or of the men that Madeleine has perhaps dated).

Jonas friede til Madeleine på kærlighedsferie - Royale - BT.dk
Love the photo of the Madeleine and Jonas.

Prinsesse Madeleine forlovet - MSN Starlounge

Congratulations to the happy couple! So they will not get married before Victoria? I wonder which couple will become pregnant first.

^^^^^
I wouldn't have thought she would get married before.

Wow, Congratulations. Thats two royal weddings to look foward to. :flowers::swedenflag:
Madeline and Jonas look stunning, the engagment ring is beautiful.
I'm so excited. :swedenstandard:

Well, congratulations to the happy couple!
I think Maddeleine wanted to be engaged years ago, but she couldn't do it because her sister wasn't engaged. Anyway, congrats to Maddie!

Congratulations to the happy couple! So they will not get married before Victoria? I wonder which couple will become pregnant first.
It would be funny if the two sisters were pregnant at the same time more or less:lol:

He will be Duke of Hälsingland och Gästrikland, Madeleine will still be a Princess, and the Duchess of Hälsingland och Gästrikland.

Is this true,Nathalie Cox?I wonder what kind of tradition is this,the younger sister waiting for the older to get engaged first...Sweden is supposed to be a liberal country!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom