Winter Olympics 2006 - Turin

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you! I`ve heard they are very similar, but i didn`t know they are that similar.

Wasn't Frederik best man in Haakon's wedding?

crisiñaki said:
Wasn't Frederik best man in Haakon's wedding?

Yes, Frederik was best man to Haakon and Haakon and MM were godparents to Christian. So guess these 2 are pretty close

The Swedish Royals at the Winter Olympics 2006 in Turin

As it seems only the King will go this time. The Queen stays with her ill brother in Germany.

King Carl Gustaf watching 15km classic in Cross Country Skiing (Male team)
From Scanpix via Expressen

Attachments

• ko1.JPG
    ko1.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 296
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/02/16/royalolympics/

ROYAL DADS ENJOY SOME FROSTY FUN AT WINTER OLYMPICS

Two of Europe's most popular royal dads got the chance to swap parenting tips when they met up in Turin this week. Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik, who became a father for the first time last October, was photographed sharing a joke with Norway's future king, Crown Prince Haakon, as they enjoyed some sporting excitement at the Winter Olympics.

Onlookers could only guess what the two men were talking about, but they were both clearly on top form, smiling broadly and laughing as they chatted together in the stands. The Danish royal appeared to be telling his friend an entertaining anecdote, as he gestured animatedly before burying his face in his hands in amusement.

ny8d29.jpg
ny8dg3.jpg

http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=148320&src=0

TORINO 2006: The NEWS OLYMPIC COURSE MONDAY 20 OF FEBRUARY/noticias.info/...

The princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Leticia, will be present at in direct the giants of alpine ski of the Olympic games of Turín.06, that will dispute the next Friday, in the winter sports resort of Sestriere, and in which the Spanish Maria Jose Rienda will leave between the favorites to Olympic gold.

That's great news! Thanks mapian. I love the Olympics :)

Maybe they will take Leonor:) with them to Torino like W-A and Maxima did with their girls:)!!! But it's slightly possible, Leo is much younger than Alexia...:(

:D
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Maybe they will take Leonor:) with them to Torino like W-A and Maxima did with their girls:)!!! But it's slightly possible, Leo is much younger than Alexia...:(

Let's hope they'll bring Leonor here in Vancouver in the Winter Olympics in 2010~ Hoep to see them around....hopefully with several new additions to the family too:D :D :D :D

bigheadshirmp said:
:D

Let's hope they'll bring Leonor here in Vancouver in the Winter Olympics in 2010~ Hoep to see them around....hopefully with several new additions to the family too:D :D :D :D

With the twins Carlos Alfonso and Juan Felipe:D :D :D and proud older sister Leonor:D :D

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060221/51234231171.html

The princes of Asturias will rest to Rienda on Turin

LA VANGUARDIA - 21/02/2006
The princes of Asturias will attend directly the giant of alpine skiing of the Games of Turin, who will be disputed next Friday on Sestriere's Italian station and in which the Spanish woman Maria Jose Rienda will divide betwee the favorites to the Olympic gold. The royal Spanish family is in the habit of supporting the Spanish sportsmen in the international competitions in which they take part and their presence of the Olympic Games is habitual. On Friday, the from Granada Maria Jose Rienda can turn into the third winter Spanish medallista, after the brothers Francisco and Blanca Fernandez-Ochoa. / Efe

lula said:
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20060221/51234231171.html

The princes of Asturias will rest to Rienda on Turin

LA VANGUARDIA - 21/02/2006
The princes of Asturias will attend directly the giant of alpine skiing of the Games of Turin, who will be disputed next Friday on Sestriere's Italian station and in which the Spanish woman Maria Jose Rienda will divide betwee the favorites to the Olympic gold.

i'm sorry if i'm having a hard time understand this. :eek: :eek: So, the Princes of Asturias will go to the Winter Olympics in Torino? When will they arrive? How long are they staying? and will Leonor go with them? ;)

purple_platinum said:
i'm sorry if i'm having a hard time understand this. :eek: :eek: So, the Princes of Asturias will go to the Winter Olympics in Torino? When will they arrive? How long are they staying? and will Leonor go with them? ;)

According to the article, the princes will go to the winter Olympic games, they will go to Sestriere, one of the olympic sites, to see the giant slalom, one of the competitions, where a top spanish sportwoman will compete. Her lastname is Rienda, she is one of the favorites to win.

Ariel said:
According to the article, the princes will go to the winter Olympic games, they will go to Sestriere, one of the olympic sites, to see the giant slalom, one of the competitions, where a top spanish sportwoman will compete. Her lastname is Rienda, she is one of the favorites to win.

Thanks, Ariel.

is it known when will they arrive and for how many days?

purple_platinum said:
Thanks, Ariel.

is it known when will they arrive and for how many days?

Purple they will arrive on friday but i don´t know how many days they will be in Turin:)

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=282175&idseccio_PK=809&h=060221

...Rienda proved to be been charmed with of that the Princes of Asturias have confirmed their assistance to the test of the giant: " it does a lot of illusion To Me and I consider it to be a great pride ". Asked on if she was facing the career of her life,she said: " First it is necessary to make the things and then, celebrate them. I will throw myself like if it was a career of Glass of the World and then already we will see. Already I go many years doing enough things inside the world of the ski and already one will see. I will give to the maximum, like always. I do not have to demonstrate anything ".

Princess Maxima said:
Màxima, WA, Amalia&Alexia today
Such adorable young Dutch fans. All of the orange especially in the speedskating rink is quite mesmerizing. Glad to see the two cutest and possibly youngest Orange fans having fun. Very funny, crisiñaki. I like your little dialogue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princes de Asturias will tomorrow support to Reina in the giant

Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, will go tomorrow in Sestriere where they will transfer the support of the Royal Family to the granadina Maria Jose Reina, the Spanish trick in the test of the feminine giant in the Olympic Games of Turin.
A test that will be disputed in two sleeves, the initial will begin as of the 9,30 hours, and in where the Princes, that have program their arrival to Turin for this late, will be accompanied by Minister of Education and Culture, Maria Jesus San Segundo.

http://es.sports.yahoo.com/23022006/2/jj-oo-turin-principes-asturias-apoyaran-manana-rienda-gigante.html

fanletizia said:
Princes de Asturias will tomorrow support to Reina in the giant

Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, will go tomorrow in Sestriere where they will transfer the support of the Royal Family to the granadina Maria Jose Reina, the Spanish trick in the test of the feminine giant in the Olympic Games of Turin.
A test that will be disputed in two sleeves, the initial will begin as of the 9,30 hours, and in where the Princes, that have program their arrival to Turin for this late, will be accompanied by Minister of Education and Culture, Maria Jesus San Segundo.

http://es.sports.yahoo.com/23022006/2/jj-oo-turin-principes-asturias-apoyaran-manana-rienda-gigante.html
This afternoon! Quite reasonable, since the game beginns at 9.30. But they won't pass the night in Madrid with the baby! So maybe they will finally took her and her nunny (hope hope hope)!:):):)

http://www.abc.es/abc/pg060223/prensa/noticias/Deportes/Esqui/200602/23/NAC-DEP-100.asp

Princes de Asturias will support to the Spanish in their great challenge

TURIN. Tomorrow it can be a great day. Maria Jose Rein starts off as favorite in the Olympic giant and she does not scare that condition to him, although it notices that "between the fifteen first it can gain anyone". Princes de Asturias, that they arrive today at Turin, they will be in Sestriere, animating it. For her it is another injection of moral: "He is fantastic that comes". Its technical director, Pini, it emphasizes that "already it is only necessary to work the confidence". The Spanish knows who will win........

http://www.atb-e.com/leer_mas.asp?fh=20060223131030&logo=portada&id=

J.OO/Turin.- Princes de Asturias will support tomorrow to Rein in the giant

MADRID, 23 (ATB and AGENCIES)

Princes de Asturias, Don Felipe and Doa Letizia, they will go
tomorrow in Sestriere where they will transfer the support of the Royal Family to the granadina Maria Jose Rein, the Spanish trick in the test of the feminine giant in the Olympic Games of Turin. A test that will be disputed in two sleeves, the initial will begin as of the 9,30 hours, and in where the Princes, that they have program his arrival to Turin for this late, they will be accompanied by Minister of Education and Culture, Maria Jesus San Segundo. The Secretary of State for Deporte, Jaime Lissavetzky, and the president of the Spanish Olympic Committee, White Alexander, they will be others of the personalities that will attend the test to transmit their support to the Spanish.

Former King Constantin of Greece and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece attend the Womens Snowboard Parallel Giant Slalom Final on Day 13 of the 2006 Turin Winter Olympic Games on February 23, 2006 in Bardonecchia, Italy.

from getty

Attachments

• 56919718.jpg
    56919718.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 222
Crown Prince Felipe (L, in white) and Princess Letizia attend the women's Alpine skiing giant slalom race at the Torino 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Sestriere, Italy, February 24, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters, ap and anp

Attachments

• r2600826683.jpg
    r2600826683.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 505
  • 2428785.jpg
    2428785.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 351
  • r1423786995.jpg
    r1423786995.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 370
  • r3410714445.jpg
    r3410714445.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 296
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 305
Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Prince Felipe (L, in white) and Princess Letizia attend the women's Alpine skiing giant slalom race at the Torino 2006 Winter Olympic Games in Sestriere, Italy, February 24, 2006. REUTERS/Leonhard Foeger

from yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• r2600826683.jpg
    r2600826683.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 252
LaChicaMadrilena said:
Poor woman is on 17th place...:( The Princes didn't bring her luck... Maybe it had been different if they have taken Leonor...:rolleyes:
http://www.elmundo.es/jjoo/2006/2006/02/23/esqui/1140721228.html

indeed that would be fun for us. (maybe less so for Leonor) though I dont think the combined power of Amalia and Alexia did much to help the dutch athletes.

not that i'm complaining, i wouldn't trade the most adorable photos of the worlds most adorable family for 10 gold medals.

Lena said:
As it seems only the King will go this time. The Queen stays with her ill brother in Germany.

King Carl Gustaf watching 15km classic in Cross Country Skiing (Male team)
From Scanpix via Expressen

its sad they cant be there together. i am sure the olympics is very special to them since they met there.

Are they going home now or will they stay a bit more in Torino? It looks like there will be another raise at 13.00, but I don't know if Rienda, this Spanish sportswoman will participate in it.

Back
Top Bottom