Royals at the UEFA EURO Cup , June-July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some tabloids will moan about anything. They've also moaned about Kate going to Wimbledon, even though she did nothing wrong - there is no requirement for spectators to wear a mask when in their seats. Let's ignore the moaners, hope that William, Frederick and Mary all enjoy themselves, and enjoy the match ourselves.

And hope that it doesn't go to penalties - I was stressed enough watching the Spain v Italy penalties. Such a horrible way for any team to lose, especially in a semi-final or a final. Also, it would be very weird watching England take penalties against Kasper Schmeichel, whom I remember running round the pitch at Old Trafford when he was a little lad: I feel like I've watched him grow up!

Loved seeing the pictures of the Coldstream Guards playing Football's Coming Home outside Clarence House this morning.

This is how soccer-banter should be: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15512311/love-denmark-england-bringing-home-bacon/
A DK tabloid had an advert in a British tabloid, and vice versa.

One DK tabloid has tried to stir up criticism against M&F for going to Wembley tonight. But the vast majority of Danes believe they should go.
Partly to represent DK, but also because their presence, not least in the view of there being a lot less Danish spectators, does matter.

It sure would be seen as a downer for the national team, if the DRF were not there at this match.

Thanks, that's fun banter and it's always amusing when The Sun gives an impromptu history lesson. Vikings Coming Home! :D There are still a lot of place names in the north and east of England and Scotland that reflect their Viking heritage.

Good luck Denmark, hope everyone has a great time.

Pics from BB:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...ristian-deler-dejligt-billede-kom-saa-danmark
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...mmet-nu-er-de-kongelige-paa-plads-paa-wembley

May this match be lively and entertaining. - And the English not too disappointed. It'll come home next time, I'm sure. ;)?

ADDED: https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/168/1688587/23799374-2.jpg
I see the former PM, Helle Thorning is there as well.
better keep Mary well away from her, if Thorning accidentally bite Mary, she will live forever...

Last edited:
Congrats, England. :flowers:

The semi-final curse is lifted.

Now will HM send a message?

Or will there be anything of England left by final time?

....and now I find myself oddly sad that Elizabeth and Margrethe didn't have a bet going.

Message from Crown Prince Frederik, Princess Mary and Prince Christian after the defeat of the Danish national team.

Thank you to our national team for a fantastic European Championship. Even though the party ends now (for this time!), we are all proud of the fantastic achievement we have witnessed.⁣ Thank you for fighting with your heart and giving everything you had. ⁣
⁣⁣
- The Crown Prince Couple and Prince Christian.
⁣⁣

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRCp4ekAxv5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:
....and now I find myself oddly sad that Elizabeth and Margrethe didn't have a bet going.

Maybe they did :lol:.

That was a very tense match, and I was very stressed until the final whistle went! Commiserations to Denmark.

Maybe they did :lol:.

That was a very tense match, and I was very stressed until the final whistle went! Commiserations to Denmark.

I know NOTHING about this sport. But I gather England’s wins have been an unexpected surprise. So, congrats! (Sorry to the Danes.)

It was nice to see a photo of William with Frederick, Mary and Christian.

I know NOTHING about this sport. But I gather England’s wins have been an unexpected surprise. So, congrats! (Sorry to the Danes.)

It was nice to see a photo of William with Frederick, Mary and Christian.

There was a lot of moaning about the state of the team (there always is) and we hadn't beaten Germany for 55 years so that was a complete surprise. I actually thought Denmark had it at one point, especially because it looked likely to go to penalties (which England usually doesn't do well with). And because as Muhler says there's a bit of a "semi final curse" as well.

I'm not actually a huge football fan (more Rugby) but a lot of my friends are and I get a lot of it through social osmosis in the UK.

Well done for getting so far Denmark, a very hard fought match.

In royal watching terms it was good to see William and Frederick, Mary and Christian interact a little.

There was a lot of moaning about the state of the team (there always is) and we hadn't beaten Germany for 55 years so that was a complete surprise. I actually thought Denmark had it at one point, especially because it looked likely to go to penalties (which England usually doesn't do well with). And because as Muhler says there's a bit of a "semi final curse" as well.

I'm not actually a huge football fan (more Rugby) but a lot of my friends are and I get a lot of it through social osmosis in the UK.

In royal watching terms it was good to see William and Frederick, Mary and Christian interact a little.

Congratulations to both teams: Harry Kean's kick and rebound are the stuff of legend: clearly England likes to surprise but I wonder whether the match was also won by the unforgettable hissing of England fans when Denmark had ball possession! I shall look forward to the Italy match that promises great interest: will Harry Kane be defeated by the Italian tricksters? will Prince William bring along Prince George? tune in Sunday and see!

Thanks for the explanation!

Wow….55 years is a long time to have not beaten Germany. So, sounds like 2 curses/streaks have been broken. Germany and the semi final curse.

Last edited:
Congratulations to both teams: Harry Kean's kick and rebound are the stuff of legend: clearly England likes to surprise but I wonder whether the match was also won by the unforgettable hissing of England fans when Denmark had ball possession! I shall look forward to the Italy match that promises great interest: will Harry Kane be defeated by the Italian tricksters? will Prince William bring along Prince George? tune in Sunday and see!

I doubt that George will be at the final as it is an 8.00 p.m. kick off and he has school on Monday.

When he went last week it was a 5.00 p.m. kick off so could get to bed at a reasonable hour for a school night.

I doubt that George will be at the final as it is an 8.00 p.m. kick off and he has school on Monday.

When he went last week it was a 5.00 p.m. kick off so could get to bed at a reasonable hour for a school night.

George and Charlotte are done with their summer term at Thomas July 9. They don’t go back until September. So school is not a problem for George attend the finals.

That is good news - but an 8.00 p.m. kick off is still rather late for a 7 year old.

That is good news - but an 8.00 p.m. kick off is still rather late for a 7 year old.

George is going to be 8 in less than 2 weeks.

It's one night and an exciting night at that. They can take a nap in the afternoon. It's not as though they won't be up watching the game at home.

I can't imagine we'll see Louis but I'll be really surprised if we don't see George and mildly surprised if we don't see Charlotte at Wembley on Sunday evening.

Catherine won't be there - still isolating as her 10 days doesn't end until Sunday night - and I don't see William taking the children on his own when he will be there officially.

There is a report today that the only reason George went last week was because Catherine went so he could be with her while William did the official stuff.

I guess it must have been the lighting but I thought Prince William looked quite gloomy, tired and aged while the much older Prince Frederik was vivid and vibrant, with his Mary and Christian.

So Italy- Engand in the final!

Congratulations to both and good luck to both!

Of course i support my my neighbors and let's see if It"s Coming Home the sunday!

I guess it must have been the lighting but I thought Prince William looked quite gloomy, tired and aged while the much older Prince Frederik was vivid and vibrant, with his Mary and Christian.

I realize the Cambridges have a nanny and lots of staff but I can understand if William looked a bit fatigued. He's on day 5-6 of Catherine self-isolating with 3 kids under the age of 8, two of whom are winding up the last week of the school year. I was a bit surprised to see him there tonight, even if he is President of the FA.

And while it's not likely that Catherine will be there on Sunday (utter shame), I'm hopeful that we'll see more than just William there from the BRF. It would be nice if the Wessexes, Tindalls or Phillipses are able to attend. I know Mike's a rugby guy but I imagine he's still pulling just as hard as everyone in England for the team. And, if the Wessexes, Tindalls and/or Phillipses can make it, perhaps that will allow for William to bring George & Charlotte along. Those kids would never forget it their entire lives.

Last edited:
He probably is tired, with Catherine self-isolating. I'd love to see the children there on Sunday. I was only allowed to go to afternoon KOs when I was George's age, and I desperately wanted to go to an evening match between United and Barcelona but was told I couldn't because it was too late, and it was an incredible match which people are still talking about after nearly 40 years ... not that I'm still bitter about not being allowed to go or anything :) !!

Prince Christian seems to be taller than his dad now. They soon grow up.

Christian looks to be nearly as tall as William in those pictures.

Christian will definitely be taller than William (he is still growing up).

I love seeing Royals interact from different families. Christian and William having an interesting chat. Possibly the first time William met Christian was about 11 years ago just after the twins were born, he and Catherine had lunch with Fred and Mary before the four of them went out to do a duty together. Not sure if they have seen much of each other since then. Christian I mean. And yes it will be interesting to see just how tall Christian becomes. King Christian X was six foot seven inches.
The way England is celebrating shows that Denmark was a formidable opponent, and now the big battle for the final against Italy.
So much sport on at the moment. Wimbledon, Golf in the US, The Tour de France and the Olympics starting soon. As well as Euro 2021 of course. I've probably missed out some.
Two of our sporting comedienes once said, "When too much sport is barely enough."

The British Lions tour of South Africa and the English cricket season to continue. Then in Australia we have our football season in full swing with the final State of Origin a week away.

Some more banter: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5ufFTAXMAcaq8T?format=jpg&name=small

Think Carlsberg. :lol:

- But of course of more immediate interest: did you notice the bargain at Lidl? ;)?

I'm actually surprised M&F met William in person. I thought the incoming UEFA VIP's were supposed to be in a bubble.
And Christian sure is growing into a big lad, with hands like shovels. Wasn't it Tsar Alexander who used to bend horseshoes with his hand for fun?
Christian is gonna dwarf most of his royal contemporaries. There are several who are tall (see the Belgian teens), but I haven't noticed anyone as big as Christian.
I understand it's school off for George this weekend, so he should be able to make it to the finals, but it is arguably a late match for someone so young.
So that leaves pretty much the Wessex children to represent the young in the BRF, right? Louise is a sporty girl, so I guess there is a good chance she will come. (I sense she is getting pretty popular with the public, so that will probably be appreciated.) Don't know about the son though.

Yes Tsar Alexander III would bend fire iron pokers and tear packs of cards in half to entertain his children. His wife Marie Feodorovna was a Princess of Denmark and her sister Alexandra was the Princess of Wales later to become Queen.
But I don't think Christian will grow as big as him. I do think he will grow quite tall though.

Back
Top Bottom