The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-03-2021, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sure Prince William will be there to cheer us on on Wednesday night :-) .

Old 07-03-2021, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
I'm sure Prince William will be there to cheer us on on Wednesday night :-) .
But more interestingly will George? :)

Old 07-03-2021, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
But more interestingly will George? :)
I'm hoping we get both George and Charlotte!
Old 07-03-2021, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

It's an 8pm KO, so, sadly, probably too late for them!
Old 07-03-2021, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it is a very solid chance that William and George will attend. Maybe this time little George will rock a jersey.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
The entire stadium will be wearing the same colors.
Ohhh that's right! It will be fun to see

I'm sure William will be there. But George? Maybe. I hope so And maybe Charlotte too, who knows.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:40 PM
Royal Highness

Parental logic aside, I think they have to have George, because if they lose and he isn't there, there'll be blame for withholding a good luck charm. If they make the final, the whole family could be there.

He can have an afternoon nap.
Old 07-03-2021, 07:57 PM
Commoner

This tournament is really coming up with surprises!

I wonder if Kate & Mary will be side by side.

Will make great pics, as they're so often compared.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

The problem for George and even more so Charlotte is that they have school on Thursday. No chance for a nap in the afternoon either as they are at school on Wednesday.

The other day I believe George was picked up straight from school due to the earlier kick off time but 8.00 p.m. will mean a very late night on a school night which I doubt that William and Catherine will allow.

They will still be at school for most of the rest of July.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The problem for George and even more so Charlotte is that they have school on Thursday. No chance for a nap in the afternoon either as they are at school on Wednesday.

The other day I believe George was picked up straight from school due to the earlier kick off time but 8.00 p.m. will mean a very late night on a school night which I doubt that William and Catherine will allow.

They will still be at school for most of the rest of July.
I didn't realize they were still in school. Here in North America kids have been on their summer break for 3-5 weeks or longer now.

It does likely rule out the kids attending on Wednesday, which is a shame. Hopefully England will win and they'll be able to go to the Final next weekend.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

The final is due to kick-off at 8.00 p.m.

Hopefully the Men's Final at Wimbledon will end in time for Catherine to get to both (and even the former President of the FA may join her as well ... i.e. The Duke of Kent) IF England makes the final.

I am not sure that the children would go to a match that late at night on a Sunday night though with school on Monday.
Old 07-03-2021, 10:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The final is due to kick-off at 8.00 p.m.

Hopefully the Men's Final at Wimbledon will end in time for Catherine to get to both (and even the former President of the FA may join her as well ... i.e. The Duke of Kent) IF England makes the final.

I am not sure that the children would go to a match that late at night on a Sunday night though with school on Monday.
My guess is that if England makes the Final there will be a lot of kids who are out "sick" the next day from school. And a lot of adults playing hooky from work.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

There may very well be but the criticism of the royals if George and/or Charlotte were among them would be massive.

All of their classmates can go and no one would bat an eye but these two are high profile and they have to be seen as obeying the law and attending school is compulsory.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

M&F and Christian will attend the semefinals tomorrow at Wembley, along with some 8000 Danish expats living in UK.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:17 AM
Royal Highness

I wonder if William's going, that would be interesting to see them together. Not surprised F&M and Christian are making the trip, reaching the semis is a big deal for Denmark.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
M&F and Christian will attend the semefinals tomorrow at Wembley, along with some 8000 Danish expats living in UK.
Interesting. Do you know if they went ahead to quarantine?

And if Denmarks wins the semi-final, do you reckon they will stay all the way to the final?
Old 07-06-2021, 06:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post

And if Denmarks wins the semi-final, do you reckon they will stay all the way to the final?
They are invited by the Danish Football Association.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...-2020-12339659

"The full list of those exempt from travel restrictions after the government amended its regulations include:"

I guess they are the "a senior representative of a country whose team is competing in the 2020 UEFA European Football Championships"
Old 07-06-2021, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

I wish Mary would stay at home. Every game she attended (Finland, Belgium) Denmark lost. The ones she did not attend (Russia, Wales, Czech Republic) Denmark won.

I hope the British audience will behave better than they have so far (booing at another nation's hymn, laughing at a crying child). For that alone I sincerely hope England will not bring the title home. I hope the winner will be either Italy, Spain or Denmark. And in the future if the UK is unable to come up with one team they should simply be excluded from the Euros. Or why not 3 German, 3 Spanish and 3 Italian teams as well?
Old 07-06-2021, 09:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
I didn't realize they were still in school. Here in North America kids have been on their summer break for 3-5 weeks or longer now.

It does likely rule out the kids attending on Wednesday, which is a shame. Hopefully England will win and they'll be able to go to the Final next weekend.

I think the fall semester starts later in England than in the US and, accordingly, the summer break also starts several weeks later. I don't think the total number of school days in the year is significantly different though.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carina_a View Post

They are exempt from the quarantine restriction in Britain, regarding entry. They are most likely subjected to other restrictions, like limit of how long they can stay, restrictions of movement and contacts with local residents.

As such I find it more than unlikely that M&F will join up let alone meet members of the BRF.
It may also send an unfortunate signal in Britain were say W&K to sit next to M&F, considering the ongoing infection rate and subsequent restrictions in UK.

In that light I do not believe M&F will remain in Britain for the final, should DK indeed win Wednesday. They would no doubt return for the final, but let's not jinx things, eh?

Anyway, it's going to be a real fight tomorrow. The DK team is psyched up!
They are already sure of a heroes welcome just by entering the semis.
But beating an English team in very good form on Wembley, on home turf. With only a relative few Danish supporters as support. With a key player out. That would be a major scalp!
Apart, naturally, from entering the finals. A huge thing!
Should they lose tomorrow, they will lose with honor and still be heroes.

Soccer-wise DK is reliving the happy days of the 80's again.

The English team however. I don't envy them. They are facing very high expectations, according to what I read in the British press.
They must not lose tomorrow.

Psychologically speaking that's the major difference between the two teams.

The Danish team has landed in London: https://newsd.co/wp-content/uploads/...g-Soldiers.jpg