The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2021, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

William, Catherine and George are at Wembley for the game.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It would be nice if Charlotte had gone also to keep her brother company.

Old 06-29-2021, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Looking fabulous, I might add! George was just too cute singing the national anthem and maybe it was just the lighting but his hair seems to have darkened a bit since the last time we saw him.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Great to see parents and eldest son here today at Wembley sporting patriotic colors. Likely the early matches that they'd taken George and on occasion Charlotte to previously have prepared him.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
Looking fabulous, I might add! George was just too cute singing the national anthem and maybe it was just the lighting but his hair seems to have darkened a bit since the last time we saw him.
Saw some old footage of Charlotte the other night and her hair does seme to lighten a lot in summer. I thought she was quite dark...
Old 06-29-2021, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
It would be nice if Charlotte had gone also to keep her brother company.

Perhaps she doesn’t like football very much.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Perhaps she doesn’t like football very much.
Or she had another activity planned for this afternoon/evening.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:19 PM
Courtier

She may like it. And he may have preferred her company there rather than being the only one taken.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
She may like it. And he may have preferred her company there rather than being the only one taken.
Not much good if Charlotte didn't want to come.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Courtier

For heavens sake....there's absolutely nothing wrong with any child, but especially the future king, spending some individual one on one time with his parents at an activity we know he loves. We've seen Kate take Charlotte to the ballet rehearsal by herself and I'm positive there will be plenty of events throughout the years where we see only one of the three Cambridge children. It's really okay that they brought only George to this particular event.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

George is a cutie but he looks so bored. Lol. He wasn’t even excited when Sterling scored.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:39 PM
Royal Highness

Perhaps this was a special treat for George?

Charlotte has gone to football matches before and been seen playing it with her brother and cousins so it's not like William and Kate enforce a strict "boys/girls only" for certain hobbies.

There are any number of reasons that it was just George tonight.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Perhaps this was a special treat for George?

Charlotte has gone to football matches before and been seen playing it with her brother and cousins so it's not like William and Kate enforce a strict "boys/girls only" for certain hobbies.

There are any number of reasons that it was just George tonight.
cant be much of a treat for him if he was bored looking at it. And Possibly Charlotte has something else on....
Old 06-29-2021, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
cant be much of a treat for him if he was bored looking at it. And Possibly Charlotte has something else on....
Who knows? I haven't been paying attention (game on but doing other things) and I was going by the photos among other things that show him cheering on Aston Villa where he was clearly enjoying himself.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...ally-happened/

Maybe he's just not feeling it tonight. But I don't think this was some big gender based snub to Charlotte.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:53 PM
Majesty

England winning 2 to 0!
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5EWBS5X...jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E5ER_VIX...jpg&name=small
https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/st...10527330066438
Old 06-29-2021, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Who knows? I haven't been paying attention (game on but doing other things) and I was going by the photos among other things that show him cheering on Aston Villa where he was clearly enjoying himself.

Maybe he's just not feeling it tonight. But I don't think this was some big gender based snub to Charlotte.
Agreed. Everyone is making way, way too much of the fact that Charlotte wasn't there. There's a million and one different reasons that may have kept her from being there and all of them are okay but I'd bet my last penny that it has nothing to do with the "girls don't play football" line. Frankly, I think it probably has more to do with introducing George to certain aspects of his future life. While the Aston Villa match was clearly a fabulous time, it seems that was attended in a private capacity and simply as a family having spending a fun afternoon out. This was a big match between England and Germany, an official appearance complete with formal attire, and a good time for a lesson in supporting one's team while still being polite and diplomatic in international relations all under the umbrella of still being a football match which we know George enjoys. Honestly, to me it seems like a pretty smart way of easing him into the future role.
Old 06-29-2021, 01:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:

No I thought that he liked footie, but it seems as if according ot another poster he looked bored tongiht. Of course its not a snub to Charlotte. The kid probably enjoys other things
Old 06-29-2021, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
No I thought that he liked footie, but it seems as if according ot another poster he looked bored tongiht. Of course its not a snub to Charlotte. The kid probably enjoys other things
There are clips of him. I don’t think it’s a big deal. More funny to see his utter non reaction to the goal while William was losing his mind. Lol
Old 06-29-2021, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

George seems to have brought us luck - he'll have to come to every international match from now on! Shame that the 8pm KO on Saturday will probably be a bit too late for him.
Old 06-29-2021, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

KP posted a nice photo of them at the game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kensingto...33880312930312