Royals at the UEFA EURO Cup , June-July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 for Belgium , 1 for Denmark but they played pretty well.
The Princes have their examinations at School.

Nice to see them all together. Frederik has always seemed like a great uncle. I remember seeing pictures of him with a very young Nikolai on different occasions and thinking he’d make a good father one day!

I agree. He always seem close to his nephews, especially Nikolai.

And I guess there is no doubt who is tallest.
https://content.invisioncic.com/r38...rnet.jpg.6b3f1255a8ef99bbf82762b9de6b0a4b.jpg

Cute Mary and Christian moment
https://content.invisioncic.com/r38...rome.jpg.dc1ddf9f3e213efc9e9f2600c448e20a.jpg

The cousins
https://content.invisioncic.com/r38...rnet.jpg.3c1fddf5b73a3876577943b991982bb6.jpg

Isn't it nice to be concentrating on something normal? It's England v Scotland tonight, so everyone's talking about that instead of infection rates and restrictions and vaccinations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fun anecdote in between: my niece (7) wanted to watch the match between the Netherlands and North-Macedonia tonight as all her classmates are talking about it. After 5 minutes she asked her mother whether they could watch something else and let her know the result of the match tomorrow morning...

Italy, The Netherlands and Belgium are really strong this year! I hope Belgium or The Netherlands advance until the very end so that we can see more of the Royal Families ;)

How tall Prince Christian is getting :previous:

Last edited:
No doubt. - She's a teen. She'll be doing things without her parents and not least younger siblings from now on.

Christian wore number 10, like his namesake? (*) Christian Eriksen. The player who had a heart attack on the field.

(*) The word in Danish is "navnebror or navnesøster" = name-brother/brother-in-name or name-sister/sister-in-name.

I don't know whether this belongs here on in the DRF threads:
https://www.bt.dk/royale/anders-hemmingsen-afsloerer-saadan-sneg-jeg-mig-til-en-selfie-med-prinsesse

Anyway, it's the background story of the photo of Isabella Monday evening.
It was a part of a selfie by the Instagrammer Anders Hemmingsen (AH from now on). I have no idea who he is.

He explains that he sat in an ordinary row and watched the match with DK versus Russia when he spotted Isabella in the VIP section close by.
Finding her a cool girl with spirit he thought it would be nice to have a photo with her.
So when Isabella's friend passed close to his seat, he presented himself (he normally doesn't post selfies on his profile and asked the friend whether she would ask Isabella for a pose.
Isabella ran down to him and posed. AH thanked her and Isabella went back to her seat.

AH often post photos of the DRF in funny or odd situations and the number of likes reflect their status. Top is QMII, followed by M&F and children, and further down in regards to likes are Joachim and our Marie with children and Benedikte.

AH says he would never ask Frederik for a selfie, he believe that the royals should be left in peace, but in the case of Isabella he made an exception. She's a likable and relatable girl, albeit very special and will no doubt appeal to his younger followers.

- Well, I hope it doesn't become a habit that the royal children are asked for selfies all the time by all sorts of online-profiles who are angling for likes.

Last edited by a moderator:
But for those who were concerned as to whether Isabella is allowed to let herself be photographed, she apparently is... for now. (I can see this potentially being an issue in the future.)

I'd also wonder whether Isabella's potential rebellions and online presence would be of such interest if she were simply Christian's younger brother and not sister.

But she seems to have had fun at the match.

Eml

No doubt. - She's a teen. She'll be doing things without her parents and not least younger siblings from now on.

Christian wore number 10, like his namesake? (*) Christian Eriksen. The player who had a heart attack on the field.

(*) The word in Danish is "navnebror or navnesøster" = name-brother/brother-in-name or name-sister/sister-in-name.

I wonder if we will see any pictures of them supporting Denmark versus Wales.

I wonder if we will see any pictures of them supporting Denmark versus Wales.

I believe Mary was asked at an event during the week, and said they will be supporting the team from home. No one traveled today.
But Congrats to Denmark with the big win today.

And NO Dutch Royals in Budapest on sunday either!!Good!

Eml

I believe Mary was asked at an event during the week, and said they will be supporting the team from home. No one traveled today.
But Congrats to Denmark with the big win today.

I realised that they would not be travelling but since we had pictures of them supporting the Handball Team some months ago thought we might get a glimpse of a family team supporting from home!
Well done Denmark. Striding on to the next match.

Shock defeat by the Netherlands today. No more Dutch royals.
Up next is Belgium vs Portugal. Not sure if any royals are attending.

Last edited:
And NO Dutch Royals in Budapest on sunday either!!Good!

One was there!

Prince Pieter-Christiaan attended the match between Netherlands and Czech Republic at the Puskas Arena in Budapest (second from the right):

** Pic **

Yes, "namesake" is the correct word in English, but I think "name brother" or "name sister" sounds much nicer!

I am delighted that Denmark has done so well and I hope they get into the final and Win! However, Belguim and Italy are also doing very well this year and will be hard to beat.

While we are on sport it was very disappointing to see the woman with a sign cause the huge crash for Le Tour. For years I've always thought the crowds get too close in places. I hope the authorities catch this woman.

William, Catherine and George are all at Wembley to watch England v Germany :) .

Back
Top Bottom