Royals at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Albert did, for the Men's 10km Sprint Biathlon and the Men's Super-G Alpine Skiing. It is possible that Princess Anne and Prince Willem-Alexander also did too, as they are all members of the IOC.

King Harald, Tove Paule, Queen Sonja and Anniken Huitfeldt, after the 4x10 km relay for men
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Sonja chats with Anniken Huitfeldt, Minister of Culture and Sport.
ANP Beeldbank
King Harald and Queen Sonja were present when Marit Bjoergen, Kristin Stoermer Steira, Therese Johaug and Vibeke Skofterud were awarded gold medals for winning the ladies' cross country 4x5 km relay.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Tarja Halonen, president of Finland, at the women´s ice hockey bronze medal game, Finland got the bronze by winning Sweden.
Kaleva

Prince Albert II of Monaco during the Ladies' 4x5 km Relay Classic/FreeLadies'
4x5 km Relay Classic/Free at Whistler Olympic Park in Whistler, Canada on
February 25, 2010

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Albert II of Monaco during a press conference for the Sochy 2014
Russian International Olympic University in Vacouver, Canada on February
25, 2010. On pic 4 he's pictured with Russian model Natalia Vodianova.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

King Harald hugs Ole Einar Björndalen after the men´s biathlon relay. Norway (Hanevold, Böe, Svendsen, Björndalen) won gold.
VG

In the above link, a great pic of the Swedish king, and the Canadian prime minister, Stephen Harper at the gold medal game for women's curling. The King must be especially pleased that his team pulled one out of the fire and staged a surprise upset in the last minute. We Canadians were already counting on our gold medal, while the Swedes had a different idea.

Were these posted?
Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock during an interview with Reuters in Vancouver
myroyal's: ALBERT& CHARLENE İN VANCOUVER

No, they weren't, they were taken only yesterday! Thanks for the link!
I'm actually surprised to see them together in an interview, I wish we
could read it.

Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden and Queen Silvia attend the gold medal
women's curling match between Canada and Sweden at the Vancouver
2010 Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia, Friday, Feb. 26, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

King Harald congratulates Halvard Hanevold, Tarjei Boe, Emil Hegle Svendsen and Ole Einar Bjoerndalen after the men's 4 x 7.5 km relay biathlon final. Norway won the gold medal ahead of Austria who won silver and Russia who took bronze.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife

Queen Sonja hugs Ole Einar Björndalen
VG

Its possible to meet people from your own country on occations like OG:D And this blond women got two rings on her left ring-finger =married... kind of sad... would have been great with another OG romance :)

(and IBL links NEVER works for me... no idea why)

Yes i realise it's possible to meet other people from your country, however she's stood with the royal family and wearing the jacket.
If he had just met her, like Carl-Gustaf and Frederik did she most likely wouldn't of been introduced to parents straight away. :)

Swedish national tv

The blonde girl might be the vd of Swedish sport. Her husband is a schoolmate with Prince Carl-Philip.

Last edited by a moderator:
An addition to yesterday's pics:

Crown Prince Willem Alexander applauds as his wife Princess Maxima waves
whilst holding their youngest daughter Ariane as they watch the Women's
and Men's Team Pursuit Speed Skating event at the Richmond Olympic Oval
for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games, in Richmond, Vancouver, Canada,
27 February 2010 together with daughters Alexia and Amalia.

-------> Pic

Hello, Yesterday, I saw The Crown Princely couple of The Netherlands and their daughters on TV. Last Week I saw Crown Prince Haakon Magnus 2 or 3 times. And I saw Anne, The Princess Royal during the Opening Ceremonies. I wish to see the other royal personnalities this evening during the closing Ceremonies.

Isabelle.

Just saw King Carl Gustaf after the men's cross country 50m. It's really nice seeing them look just like every other spectator with their cameras. Saw King Harold last night at the curling competition. I really think he needs a pair of those pants!!! Love'em!!!!

I've seen alot of pictures of the Princely family of the Netherlands but not many of everyone else. :ermm: Wonderful to see them though.

Princess Maxima, Prince Willem-Alexander and their daughters Princess
Amalia, Princess Alexia and Princess Ariane are watching the Dutch
speed skating team pursuit with the skaters Sven Kramer, Mark Tuitert
and Jan Blokhuijsen on Saturday against Norway in the Richmond Olympic
Oval during the 2010 Winter Olympics.
The Dutch won bronze with a new Olympic Record of 3.39,95.

The pics of Amalia cheering with that much energy are great :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga 1 ** belga 2 **

I saw Queen Silvia on tv, aplauding the Swedish Women Curling team after the gold medal on Friday 26 February and saw WA, Maxima and the girls arriving to see the team pursuit in skating last Saturday. The commentators in the Brazilian tv didn't recognized them... But it was really nice to see them supporting their athletes. But didn't see any royal in the Closing Ceremony last night.

King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, king Harald and queen Sonja at the Men's 50 km Mass Start yesterday:
Daylife gallery
Great photo of king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia
SvenskDam

I am looking forward to see some royals at the paralympics.

It's very surprising that no royals attend the Closing Ceremony on Sunday evening in Vancouver! :sad:

Our Governor General wasn't even there. Very Disappointing. She supposedly didn't even attend an event outside of the opening ceremonies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom