Royals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Felipe of Spain (L) and his wife Letizia leave the Olympic Main Press Center on August 8, 2008 ahead of the opening ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. The streets of Beijing were unusually quiet on August 8, 2008 as a blanket of security was thrown over the city and residents enjoyed a public holiday ahead of the Olympic opening ceremony.
Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4 -- Pic 5
Pic 6 -- Pic 7 -- Letizia doing what ? -- Pic 9 -- Pic 10
Pic 11 -- Pic 12 -- Pic 13 -- Pic 14 -- Pic 15
(Belga Pictures)

Last edited:
Princess Letizia and her husband Spain's Crown Prince Felipe visit the VIP lounge at the National Stadium before the start of the opening ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Prince Willem-Alexander of The Netherlands and his wife Princess Maxima chat with Brazil President Luiz Inacio Lula during their visit the VIP lounge at the National Stadium before the start of the opening ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

European Royals attending the opening ceremony...

TM King Konstantinos and Queen Anna Maria
HRH The Duke of Brabant
TRH The Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary
TRH The Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Theresa
TRH The Prince of Asturias and Princess of Asturias
TM King Harald and Queen Sonja
TRH The Prince of Oranje and Princess Maxima
HRH The Princess Royal
HSH Prince Albert II (not royal, but a sovereign prince nonetheless)

Am watching the live telecast now and have just seen the Princes of Asturias wave to the Spanish delegation. Letizia is wearing a white dress with bamboo(?) prints while Felipe has taken his jacket off and is wearing a blue tie. :D

And now my dad has turned off the TV. Bummer.

Royal Representatives at the Olympic Opening Ceremony

Royals have been shown on TV coverage when their team walks out. appologies if i miss smaller countries..

So far:

Belgium: Prince Phillipe (didnt stand or wave when shown on tv)
Denmark: Prince Frederick and Princess Mary (shown standing but not waving, Fred was playing with his phone)
Spain: Prince Felipe and Princess Leitzia (shown standing and waving)
Luxemburg: Grand Duke Henri and Duchess Maria Theresa (standing and waving, i think)
Norway: King Harald and Queen Sonja (sitting not clapping)
Jordan : nothing
Great Britain: Princess Royal (standing waving)
Netherlands: Prince W-A and Princess Maxima (standing and waving orange scarfs)
Sweden: nothing (but i might have missed it looking at my laptop when they first came out..)
Monaco: Prince Albert (and girlfriend?) standing and waving

p.s is anyone else wondering why they keep playing scotish bagpipes on repeat...lol...

Royals have been shown on TV coverage when their team walks out. appologies if i miss smaller countries..

So far:

Belgium: Prince Phillipe (didnt stand or wave when shown on tv)
Denmark: Prince Frederick and Princess Mary (shown standing but not waving, Fred was playing with his phone)
Spain: Prince Felipe and Princess Leitzia (shown standing and waving)
Luxemburg: Grand Duke Henri and Duchess Maria Theresa (standing and waving, i think)
Norway: King Harald and Queen Sonja (sitting not clapping)
Jordan : nothing
Great Britain: Princess Royal (standing waving)
Netherlands: Prince W-A and Princess Maxima (standing and waving orange scarfs)
Sweden: nothing (but i might have missed it looking at my laptop when they first came out..)
Monaco: Prince Albert (and girlfriend?) standing and waving

p.s is anyone else wondering why they keep playing scotish bagpipes on repeat...lol...

any video of monaco open olympic with albert .:flowers:

it was such a beautiful ceremony!!!

Letizia and Mary were so perfect!!!!
it's a pity that Princess victoria was not there!!

the royals from sweden attend fron 15th August to 25th August.

The opening ceremony was great. I have to say that i am a bit excited.

Being a Greek, the Olympics stir a special kind of pride in me. I am so happy the opening ceremony was so beautiful and so many royals are attending........

These are some awesome pictures of the royals!!! Wish they'd all do a photo shoot together...but it wouldn't seem right since the Olympics are about the athlets. :flowers:

I think for the first time that Princess Anne is very elegant.
I think Letizia is very elegant too but i hate her shoes.

I watched the ceremony in tv and it was great to see so many royals. Letizia was very beautiful

Back
Top Bottom