Royals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crown Prince Haakon and Minister of Culture, Trond Giske, were among the audience during the men's kayak single K1 1000m final
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Norway's Eirik Verås Larsen with his silver medal talks to Crown Prince Haakon after the men's kayak single K1 500m final of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games at Shunyi Olympic Rowing-Canoeing Park
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Prince Willem Alexander smiles during the medal ceremony after the Netherlands won the gold medal in the women's hockey at the Olympic Green Hockey Field
Getty Images
Getty Images
Princess Royal with Former coach of the England national rugby team Clive Woodward attend at the semifinals boxing bout
Getty Images
Getty Images
Princess Royal attends the men 10m platform preliminary diving event at the National Aquatics Center
Getty Images
Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin at an act of homage at the Casa of Spain in Beijing
DiezMinutos
DiezMinutos
DiezMinutos

Jamaica

Congratulations to Jamaica, a Caribbean neighbor, kings and queens of speed in Beiging 2008. They already have several gold medals, more than Cuba that only has two so far, with a population near 3 million inhabitants. Good for them! Only fun-loving Usain Bolt has three gold medals. Jamaica belongs to the British Commonwealth and they speak english. ;)

Congratulations to Denmark, to win gold in sailing with a borrowed boat, that was really something, a heroic, epic achievement. ;)

HORRIBLE, ODETTE, IT IS HORRIBLE...ELENI ANDRIONOLI IN RHYTHMIC GYMNASTICS
SHE DID EVIL. SHE IS VERY GOOD BUT...TODAY IT IS NOT HER DAY
I THINK THAT QUEEN Anne Marie was in the stands, SHE was with Teodora

King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Prince Carl Philip watch the semifinals of the men's singles table tennis competition between Sweden's Joergen Persson and China's Wang Hao. Persson lost, no gold for Sweden...
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Prince Carl Philip applaud during the men's singles bronze medal table tennis match between Jorgen Persson of Sweden and Wang Liqin
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin at the gold medal match between Germany and Spain in hockey. Germany won gold.
Hola!
Infanta Cristina attends at the synchronised swimming team free routine event
Abaca Press/Intact Images

¡Gold!

¡Gold in boxing, 64 kgms! ¡Goooooooooooooooooool! He gets 7 million pesos from the State and very likely more from private sources. He is a very poor guy, very humble background, like most of our athletes. I am so happy for him and for all us. :flowers:

Congratulations, Argentina, several times world champion in football. :flowers:

Congratulations to Denmark, to win gold in sailing with a borrowed boat, that was really something, a heroic, epic achievement. ;)

And thanks :cheers: to the Croatian team :rose: for lending their boat to the danish team - that was genuine sportsmanship and a performance in the finest concordance with the olympic spirit.

NBCOlympics.com - Shooter fails doping test; U.S. gets bronze
I heard a quick blip about this on the news and went to my Dad who shoots. I was wondering what exactly one would take drug-wise that could possible give you an advantage in Shooting! Of all the sports one could cheat at with drug use, SHOOTING?!:ohmy:

He was using an anti-trembling drug because the less you tremble in shooting, the better your shot is going to be. Thus...illegal! It's not that surprising. I go shooting with my parents and I'm still learning to steady my hand. I'm a natural trembler, as I say, so my hands are usually always trembling, either from nerves or because I'm cold. But I, personally, wouldn't use the drug.

:ausflag:
Australia's Matthew Mitcham surprised everyone when he won the gold medal tonight in the men's 10m platform diving event.
The 20-year-old Sydney diver produced the highest scoring dive in the history of the Olympics with his sixth and final effort.

Mitcham is notable for being one of the very few openly-gay people among Australia's sporting elite.

Michael Phelps is amazing :amflag:.

In fact if he wasn't an american citizen but a country - he would have come in as number 9 on the list of most goldmedal-winning countries in the world, side by side with Japan and right before such a huge nation as Italy :lol:.

Congratulations to the Belgian athletes Kim Gevaert, Olivia Borlé, Elodie Ouedraogo and Hanna Mariën for their silver medal on 4 X 100m
And even more congratulations for Tia Hellebaut, for winning gold by jumping over 2.05 first time! :belgiumflag:

Now at least we have 2 medals. (well, five actually, since all runners on 4 x 100 get one)

Today our ladies won 2 silvers: Kayak Double (K2) 500m Women, Women's Cross Country.

Earlier we men: 1 gold (Men's Vault), 1 silver (Men's Discus Throw).

Poland at least has 10 medals: 3 golds, 6 silvers, 1 bronze.

Our country finally won a gold, but in a sport that has no bearing on the medal tally.:doh: We won a gold and bronze in wushu, which is just an exhibition sport and where only 25 countries participated. The athletes from my country never made it to any semifinal. Phooey.

Inaki Urdangarin after the handball match:
Marca
Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin at the handball match, they were living every minute with the game:
Cristina and Inaki yesterday at the hockey match
APA-Picturedesk
Has princess Anne already left home? Here´s prime minister Gordon Brown with David Beckham watching athletics yesterday
Daylife

Crown Prince Haakon begs for a hug to handball head coach Marit Breivik during the celebration party in Beijing Saturday night after Norway won their Olympic gold medal after beaten Russia 34-27 in the womens handball
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Norwegian handballplayer Else Marthe Sørlie Lybekk talks to Crown Prince Haakon and the Minister of Culture, Trond Giske
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Crown Prince Haakon and Chinese president Hu Jintao before the lunch served to the guests of honour during the Olympic Games
ANP Beeldbank
Chinese president Hu Jintao with his wife welcoming King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia before the lunch served to the guests of honour
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
King Carl Gustaf with Jacques Rogge
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Silvia with Doctor Pentti Arajärvi, the husband of the president of Finland
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Queen Silvia and Icelandic president Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson
ANP Beeldbank

Thank you very much for amazing games, Beijing. It was wonderful. Great closing ceremony. I have watched it on TV and I had to cry, because a great time is over.

I have to say that I didn't like London logo for the next JJOO.

Pretty awfull, and the britsh performance in the closing ceremony was poor.

Definetly China has been overwhelming, its performance was astonishing, It will be difficult for other cointries improve what China has made in this Olympic games.

Here are some more pictures of the members of the swedish royal family who attend the Olympics.

Men´s bronze medal match in table tennis at Peking University Gymnasium. Jörgen Persson, Sweden lost against Liqin Wang, China:
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&pos=12
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&pos=11

Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia attend the closing ceremony.

From ANP:
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=8107988&pos=1
[URL="http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&pos=3"]http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&pos=2[/URL]
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&pos=5
http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=1&pos=4:wub: The view of Queen Silvia

From Daylife:
http://www.daylife.com/photo/02vj7kXgJqf4u/queen_silvia
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0aSl8Cm5gy0nz/queen_silvia

Thanks for all the lovely pictures. I particularly love the ones with Prince of Asturias and his Uncle Constantinos and Queen Anne Marie. As a matter of fact I also loved the one of King Constantinos waving the Swedish flag! And Maxima was great, so lively and happy.
Odette: I sympathize with you. My country Brasil didn´t won many medals either.
But I´ll tell you what: The ceremony in Athens is still my favourite.

Thanks for all the lovely pictures. I particularly love the ones with Prince of Asturias and his Uncle Constantinos and Queen Anne Marie. As a matter of fact I also loved the one of King Constantinos waving the Swedish flag! And Maxima was great, so lively and happy.
Odette: I sympathize with you. My country Brasil didn´t won many medals either.
But I´ll tell you what: The ceremony in Athens is still my favourite.

Thank you so much!!!!!! I am not watching any more. SO disappointed. I doubt I will watch the closing ceremonies.......
See you all in 4 years in London!!!

Congratulations, Zhongguo (means the middle land, that´s how chinese call their country) for your medals and thanks so much for these Olympic Games. Both opening and closing ceremonies were bordering perfection.

Congratulations to all americans and britons for the great performances of their teams.

I liked very much the british part of the closing ceremony, very pertinent to the ocassion.

The hug between the russian and georgian girls was very touching. They are not in a war, they are human beings and neighbors. :flowers:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom