Royals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(Answer to Odettes post) Well I know a bunch of scared, hungry and frustraded penguins packed up in a submarine somewhere in The 5 word Story. My surgestion is, they could be send to Beijing. It might not bring a medal to Greece......but if they make as much truble at the olympic as they have done in that story - there is no telling what will happen:ohmy:.

Well, he burns it all off swimming, because swimming is some of the best calorie-burning exercise that there is, and he looks like he has no fat on his body at all! He's really muscular.
Michael has only 5% body fat and his blood techs are just about perfect, but he also swims hours every day to keep himself like that. As far as the other writer saying he is sick of hearing about him, he just better turn off the sound on his TV because the rest of us are really proud of the guy and all the hard work that he has done over 15 years to get himself into this position. I personally say "Let him have his glory, he earned it." There is no way that I am that disciplined.

I agree that Greece should be the permanent venue for all the Summer events. Everything could be built (with the help of money from all nations) there and used while another country hosted the opening ceremonies (don't need the huge show, just the athletics entering). It could be away from the big cities of Greece and supply thousands of jobs, etc. On the off years, the venues could be used for training the athletics from all over the world. Same could be done for Winter Games in a country known for snow, etc. But all that is too logical and simple, so men will never go for it!

You are singing my song!!!!!!!!!! All the venues were built for the 2004 Olympics and competitions were spread in Athens, Volos and Crete.
But like you said, it is too logical and simple to be done.......

Michael has only 5% body fat and his blood techs are just about perfect, but he also swims hours every day to keep himself like that. As far as the other writer saying he is sick of hearing about him, he just better turn off the sound on his TV because the rest of us are really proud of the guy and all the hard work that he has done over 15 years to get himself into this position. I personally say "Let him have his glory, he earned it." There is no way that I am that disciplined.

What a bright shining star. He looks modest, dedicated and down to earth.

5% body fat??????? OMG I missed my chance of becoming an Olympiad. I should have practised more so I could eat all I wanted all day long.....

Lilla. Methinks we will get kicked out of the tread!!!!!!!!!!! All penguins in tow, back to the north pole........LOL
Greece lost to the US in baskeball today. No big surprises.
The ladies got the silver in Athens in water polo and lost today.
They lost in Volley ball.........:bang::bang::bang:

Sounds like how things are going for the danish mens handballteam. They are European Champs. But their preformance is just :yuk:.

Furturnatly they won against Russia today but only because of luck.

I would hate to see what his cholesterol is.Yikes!

ICO = International Olympic Committee, Prince Willem-Alexander is a member and thus he is accredited via them. NOC = National Olympic Committee, that's via what most VIP's are accredited, like non IOC-member royals and the NOC's corporate sponsor guests etc.

I read somewhere that Fred hopes to become a member of the IOC next year.

is there a problems with Fred not being a IOC member. I really do not understand the problem?

Just watched a very affectionate uncle, King Konstantine, give Natalie her medal - and lots of kisses :flowers:

How exciting! Congratulations to princess Natalie.

Sounds like how things are going for the danish mens handballteam. They are European Champs. But their preformance is just :yuk:.

Furturnatly they won against Russia today but only because of luck.

...they certainly did not play well. But that last shot - and goal - by Mikkel Hansen - WOW - I could watch the rerun of it another 50 times :D

is there a problems with Fred not being a IOC member. I really do not understand the problem?
No there is no problem here, if you read the previous posts on this you will see that I was merely trying to explain what the different accreditation letters mean (IOC or NOC). Those who are members of the IOC, or work for them, have IOC accreditation. Other VIP's have NOC accreditation. The difference isn't that big I think, they sit in the same VIP areas, but as a member of the IOC you might have access to restricted areas, and you of course have official responsibilities during the games (attending meetings, awarding medals etc).

Congratulations to Nathalie and the Danish team on their bronze! :D I had a spare period today at school, so my friend and I were on the Beijing 2008 website checking out the results (and waiting for the Aussies to swim in the finals ;)), and I saw the results for the dressage with Denmark third and I was over the moon for Nathalie and the team!

How fantastic for Nathalie!:clap::daneflag:

Any photos of King Constantine giving the medal to her?

Gallery of Frederik on August 13 watching the tennis match between Caroline Wozniacki and Elena Dementieva :)

Albert's Grandfather and Uncle competed in Sculls, right? He seems to have attended both sets of that event ;)

Were Harald adn Sonja there to see their Norwegian swimmer win the Bronze in 200 Breaststroke (first went to Rebecca Soni of US and second to Leisel Jones of Australia)?

So sad that Roger Federer lost before the "grande finale". It is rule of life to eventually handle to someone else the number one crown, but it had to be so hard for him to lose before that final. Federer is a great athlete and gentleman, as well as Nadal. I admire them both equally because of their gift and their nice personalities. :flowers:

I'm saddened as well. 2008 might as well be Roger's annus horribilis. There's still the US Open, but I felt like the Olympics were his saving grace. He must be taking this really hard personally too, since he's been denied twice.

The Williams sisters are out now too.:ohmy: At least the sisters and Roger won their doubles matches so they're still in contention.

Anyway, it still looks tough on both of the remaining draws. It'll be Gonzalez vs Blake and Djokovic vs Nadal. For the women, there's still one more quarterfinal match, Safina vs Jankovic, and I hope Safina will win.;)

Philippos looks a lot like Constantine when he was younger. Pavlos and Nikolaos definitely do too, but I think you can see a lot of their maternal side in them, while Philippos is the spitting image of his father!

I'm so happy for Nathalie and her team! NBC has a video showing the award ceremony, but it's just the highlights, aka nothing but the German team! :bang:

I know it's literally impossible to find videos of the games anyplace but NBC, since they are being so stingy about them being on youtube, but is there someplace I can watch Constantine giving Nathalie her medal? I imagine it is a very proud moment for Uncle Constantine :]

BTW, is Nathalie the first royal to win a medal in the Olympics? I know a lot have competed, but I don't think I remember any of them ever winning medals before.

BTW, is Nathalie the first royal to win a medal in the Olympics? I know a lot have competed, but I don't think I remember any of them ever winning medals before.

No uncle Constantine won a gold medal in sailing at the 1960 Rome Olympics. ( As CP Constantine of Greece)

King Constantine of Greece won a gold medal in sailing at the 1960 summer olympics in Rome. King Olav of Norway won a gold medal in sailing at the 1928 Summer Olympics in Amsterdam.

Photo of Thai Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn arriving to the Olympic Village on the 7th August
Xinhuanet
Xinhuanet
Xinhuanet
Xinhuanet

I know it's literally impossible to find videos of the games anyplace but NBC, since they are being so stingy about them being on youtube, but is there someplace I can watch Constantine giving Nathalie her medal? I imagine it is a very proud moment for Uncle Constantine :]

Here is a link to a dansh news update site.

Forside - dr.dk/NETTV/Update

Unless the site has just been updated since this post was made - you have to scroll down to clip no. 3 which is an interview with the dressage team and Princess Benedikte.

Clip no.27 shows Constantine giving Princess Nathalie the medal.

Thanks for those, lucien. Too bad there weren't any Dutch cyclists around, but what the heck... we can't have it all... ;)

Thanks for those, lucien. Too bad there weren't any Dutch cyclists around, but what the heck... we can't have it all... ;)

There was one,but he seemed to think it was just another "rondje around the kerk":rolleyes:...he lost...from a New Zealander...
and then from a British guy....so he's vamos...

Princess Benedikte and her sister Queen Anne Marie with Prince Philippos and Princess Theodora watch Princess Nathalie Zu Sayn-Wittgenstein on Digby
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
King Constantine with his daughter Princess Theodora
IBL Bildbyrå
King Constantine and Princess Haya go to the medal ceremony
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
King Constantine gives the medal to princess Nathalie
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
Princess Haya at the medal ceremony
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
Princess Haya, Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne Marie
IBL Bildbyrå

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia arrived to Beijing today afternoon. Queen Sofia will arrive tomorrow.

No pics of arrival Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf on Beijing airport or Olympic stadion?

Back
Top Bottom