Royals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cannot open it. Does he speak in Spanish? If so, can anyone translate? Please?????

But speaking of tennis, if Federer and Nadal play each other, even for a metal, I wonder if it'll make it onto US tv considering they're not American athletes.

They're both quite well known here, especially after that fantastic Wimbledon match this summer, so I'd assume that at least parts of it would be aired should the two play each other.

Albert and Charlene Wittstock meet athletes before the start of the men's 77kg Group B weightlifting competition
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Albert and Charlene at the weightlifting
Getty Images
Princess Haya at the medal ceremony for the equestrian team Eventing competition
Daylife
Daylife

The royals at the olympics do service to their country. I'm glad they take pride and care for those athletes. Sport is a nice pass time and really can bring a harmony between people. It gives me great joy to see the action when possible. Olympians dedicate a tremendous routine to compete and conquest. My own father was close to making the Olympic team as a wrestler for his country and it has strived me to respect athleticism. I wish I could be some gymnast, bicyclist or basketball player in China now. The idea of sport can inspire one to get closer to such things and for that I admire all those who compete for us all to view. Good to see the royals attend in China. Thank you to all who bring us the resources of pics and media. Good luck to all those country's participants.

Of all of the photos I have seen of the royals attending the Olympics, WA and Maxima look like they are enjoying themselves the most. They truly look like they are loving every minute of the games.

Mary would have to be running a close second! She is looking fabulous and thoroughly enjoying catching up with her countrymen and women - she attended an Australian athlete's 20th birthday party and celebrated Stephanie Rice and Liesl JOnes's gold medals. She's on holiday - she can do what she wants so long as she attends some events where the Danes are participating! I didn't know swimming was her favourite Olympic sport, though, as she told reporter Sonia Kruger. I would have expected to see her in Princess Anne's company watching the equestrian events ...

Young Olympics singing star didn't really sing - Beijing Olympics News - Today.msnbc.com

:cry: To be told you're not cute enough for tv?! What's this going to do for future Olympics? Will "faking it" become acceptable or frowned upon? I would think if the athletes can't "fake it" with drugs,etc. The same should apply to the rest of the Olympics as well.

I absolutely agree, how sad this has been, how selfish and inconsiderate for that sweet little girl only 7 years old with a lovely voice; her self-esteem was not a point worthy of consideration. And the child is so pretty and sweet, maybe a little chubby, but that has never been a cause for discriminating a child that age. I want to see her at the closing ceremony, let us all ask it. :eek: "Some of them want to use you, some of them want to abuse you". Exploitation in the central land, land of "equality". :ohmy: Her physical aspect was "of no interest". ¡Good lord! :bang: Not to mention what they taught to the little girl who showed off! :ermm:

More photos of Albert and Charlene at the weightlifting competition
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Princess Royal, Tim Laurence, Peter Phillips and his wife Autumn watch the team eventing showjumping phase at the Olympic Equestrian Centre at Shatin in Hong Kong
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
Grand duke Henri giving the medals at a fencing event. He was accompanied by his son Sebastien and talked to Roselyne Bachelot, french minister for health and sports.
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå

"Anyway How about Phelps? What a swimmer that boy!. I am waiting for today's results to find out how he did"

Phelps wins fifth gold in Beijing, record 11th - 2008 Olympics - SI.com

Phelps set the Olympic record for most career gold medals with his 11th
With the wins, Phelps stays on course for eight gold medals in Beijing

this kid is amazing, not only is he winning medals but he breaks a world record everytime too, his pace is amazing, yesterday he had 2 races an hour apart, they were adding up all the warm up time and in the pool time swimming was over 8 HOURS, i can't remember how many miles (maybe 25 ????) impossible pace but he makes it "look easy". love his mom, saw her on some interviews yesterday

...i love the feel good stories.....like the russian and georgia medal winners huggin on the stand.....togo winning a bronze, i don't even know where togo is but i was yelling at the TV for him to win, thats what the olympics should be about, not whether little girls are cute enough or who had the most spectacular fireworks.... who knew totalitarians could put on such a show, except for the goosestepping at the end, fake fireworks and a little girls broken heart it was perfect, of course alot of the participants were from the Red Army but they were smiling!

Phelps looks like such a nice young man. I am very happy for him.
I have to admit I am not watching the games and only get the highlights on line.
It is a pity about that little girl and I am amazed the story came out so quickly considering the media restraints in China.
Probably the Georgians and Russians have no clue as to what is happenning in their countries right now.
Still the Olympics generate an energy and good will like no other.

Since we had precedents like Carl Gustav and Silvia, Christina and Inaki,Mary and Frederic, I always wonder if there are any new romances in the works..........:flowers:

King Harald smiles after speaking to Peer Moberg of Norway competing in Finn class before the seventh race of the sailing competition
Daylife
Daylife

Princess Lilian of Sweden fell and broke her hip, she had an operation today. The swedish papers speculate about if the King and the Queen will postpone their trip to the Olympics because of this.

I cannot open it. Does he speak in Spanish? If so, can anyone translate? Please?????

Funny video!:lol:
Odette it´s difficult to translate literally what they say but... they talk about the ceremony of the Olympic Games in humor key. After ,Letizia jokes about the sandals that wear the humorist and finally the Princes of Asturias said that their daughters are with their family

Phelps looks like such a nice young man. I am very happy for him.
I have to admit I am not watching the games and only get the highlights on line.
It is a pity about that little girl and I am amazed the story came out so quickly considering the media restraints in China.
Probably the Georgians and Russians have no clue as to what is happenning in their countries right now.
Still the Olympics generate an energy and good will like no other.

Since we had precedents like Carl Gustav and Silvia, Christina and Inaki,Mary and Frederic, I always wonder if there are any new romances in the works..........:flowers:
Lord, you just have to give Marchael Phelps credit -- what a work ethic to have achieved what he has. Must have shark genes somewhere!!! Love his mother cheering and yelling with his sisters crying and jumping. Can you just imagine if he was your son.............plus he seems unspoiled about it all. He always looks over to his family first after the race and then again while receiving medal. Lovely

Is there a special significance in that?

Well, I don't know about Maxima, but I have noticed that CP Mary has worn a lot of red and white - the two colours in the Daish flag - during the Games. The other day she wore the most spectacular white lace dress with a red cardigan. It was exquisite!

Lord, you just have to give Marchael Phelps credit -- what a work ethic to have achieved what he has. Must have shark genes somewhere!!! Love his mother cheering and yelling with his sisters crying and jumping. Can you just imagine if he was your son.............plus he seems unspoiled about it all. He always looks over to his family first after the race and then again while receiving medal. Lovely

I agree. I saw him when he got his medal then went up to the seats and gave his sister the bouquet of flowers...........
As of yesterday morning he had $4,000,000 in deals. After the last 2 gold medals he received I am sure he'd be hearing more from the sponsors.
Nice young man. He deserves everything he got.

Funny video!:lol:
Odette it´s difficult to translate literally what they say but... they talk about the ceremony of the Olympic Games in humor key. After ,Letizia jokes about the sandals that wear the humorist and finally the Princes of Asturias said that their daughters are with their family

Thanks for the recap Camarina. It is really bad when someone talks and the other has no clue what they say.........

Is there a special significance in that?

Well, I don't know about Maxima, but I have noticed that CP Mary has worn a lot of red and white - the two colours in the Daish flag - during the Games. The other day she wore the most spectacular white lace dress with a red cardigan. It was exquisite!

Well no, there isn't really. As Villeman says Mary has worn the Danish colours, but really I guess its just that white is not always the most practical colour for a whole outfit, but I do like to see it.
And you're quite right, Mary's dress was devine, but now I'm getting to fashion-thread content, so I'll cut myself off there.
There is white in the Dutch flag, but as I understand it (and I'm sure there are others better informed than I) the orange is far more significant.

Grand duke Henri giving the medals at a fencing event. He was accompanied by his son Sebastien and talked to Roselyne Bachelot, french minister for health and sports.
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå

Prince Sebastien is becoming a very handsome young man! nice to see pics of the Luxembourg royals. though wish I could see pics of Guillaume and Felix

Back
Top Bottom