Royals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh My Gahd! Thanks so much everyone for all the amazing photos!

Thank you so much for these, they're great. Mary and Frederik seem more interested in each other than the basketball :lol:
They do look like they are enjoying each other dont they:wub:

I'll bet it's a very romantic time for Frederik and Mary ... sort of an anniversary. Didn't they meet during the summer games in Sydney eight years ago?

Thank´s all for lovely pics...Mary looks gorgeous, very elegant and pretty...Fred looks great too...They look fantastic...they seemed happy enjoying each other company

Is it just me -- but, Maxima and Mary seem to enjoy talking and laughing with each other and W-A smiled and kissed Mary on the cheek but Fred and W-A didn't seem all that glad to be in each other's company. Is there a reason for this or am I just seeing these pictures wrong. Normally the men would be in a conversation while the wives talked. These two stayed a good distance away from each other. Is it just that they have nothing in common?

McClatchy-Tribune | Visuals | Preview

Here is a pic were you can see that all four are talking and laughing with eacht other

That is a great photo. They seem relaxed and like they are enjoying each other's company.

It amazes me how much they seem to enjoy themselves

It's so great to see everybody enjoying themselves. I like seeing the pics of the royals interacting. That is, when I take a break from watching the games!

There is a kind of special energy at the Olympics. It is a mix of a non stop party, new friendships, competitions, new records. People from all over the world getting together to cheer, it is an unbelievable uplifting experience.

I'll bet it's a very romantic time for Frederik and Mary ... sort of an anniversary. Didn't they meet during the summer games in Sydney eight years ago?

I thought that too! I think it's great. They got married just before their first "anniversary" at the Athens Olympics, and now they're at the Olympics in Beijing. :wub:

Maxima and W-A today,watching fencing: ANP

Attachments

• 7979939.jpg
    7979939.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 7979940.jpg
    7979940.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 7979945.jpg
    7979945.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 7979946.jpg
    7979946.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 7979962.jpg
    7979962.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 7979984.jpg
    7979984.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 182
Crown Prince Willem-Alexander (L) of the Netherlands and his wife Crown Princess Máxima (R) watch the swimming events at the National Aquatics Center during the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games August 11, 2008

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q79/MaryMessageBoard/Current%20Events/Dutch/610x-1.jpg

(Daylife)

BEIJING - AUGUST 11: Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands (R) and his wife Princess Maxima watch the first round of the fencing event at the Fencing Hall on Day 3 of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games on August 11, 2008 in Beijing, China
Máx & W-A 1
Máx & W-A 2

(Getty)

Last edited:
A pet hate of mine...

I wish they'd get the titles right...:rolleyes:

Guided by a volunteer, Norwegian King Harald V (R front) visits the Olympic Village in Beijing, China, Aug. 11, 2008. Harald V visited Norwegian athletes during his tour around the village on Monday.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3

A reminder that it is a breach of the law and of the Forum rules to attach copyright photos as thumbnails. Such posts will be deleted without notice.

thanks,
Warren
TRF Administrator

Mette-Marit won't travel to China at all (maybe it's a kind of boykott. I don't know. But it's okay if she doesn't want to attend, IMO).

Or maybe this is due to the fact that she has a fear (phobia?) of flying. I remember she mentioned that during the launch of the religious music CD she produced a few months ago.

Still some photos of Felipe, Constantin and Anne-Marie at the basketball match.
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
IBL Bildbyrå
These are so warm-feeling photos, lovely to see.

Thank you Lady Finn.Lovely photos of a loving family. Dora Bakoyiannis next to Q Anne Marie was the mayor of Athens during the 2004 Olympics and did a fantastic job. She looks a bit sad. This photo must have been taken after the results of the game when Spain beat Greece at the basketball game.......:eek:

Or maybe this is due to the fact that she has a fear (phobia?) of flying. I remember she mentioned that during the launch of the religious music CD she produced a few months ago.

I know I read she was petrified of flying and when she first got married that part of her life was causing her great distress. Then I read she had some sort of therapy and she could fly and she did come to the States.
I did not realise that this fear is still with her. Too bad. Looks like everyone is having a grand time.

Hands down, the best perk of being royal is attending the Olympics!!!!! But it's killing me to know that when I watched it on tv and the camera pans to the Bushes, that there are royals sitting behind them or in front of them that I'd rather see but never will! Fortunately he left today, but I don't think that any royals will make it onto the US broadcasts.

Hands down, the best perk of being royal is attending the Olympics!!!!! But it's killing me to know that when I watched it on tv and the camera pans to the Bushes, that there are royals sitting behind them or in front of them that I'd rather see but never will! Fortunately he left today, but I don't think that any royals will make it onto the US broadcasts.

Don't worry they don't make it to european broadcasts either. Princess Anne was present at the eventing in Hong Kong but a no-show on the BBC.

Back
Top Bottom