Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hot to Trott! 24 hours after she landed her second gold, cycling Cinderella Laura is Harry's Olympic date
I know it wasn't a real "date", and that Laura has a boyfriend anyway, but don't they look cute together? :)
She's certainly Harry's type: blond, athletic, smart and determined. Who knows? I wouldn't mind if these two dated for real, though my opinion hardly matters.
One thing though: Harry is absolutely gorgeous, but I would think Laura values her hard-earned Olympic gold medals more than a date, and not a real one at that.
I agree its not a serious date and she is a great girl but not suitable. I'm not being critical - I wouldn't have been suitable material either.

I hesitate to say this but he needs someone suitable to be a potential queen. I know some might disagree, but think back to Sarah Furguson - lovely girl, lively, athletic, fun but no one would have ever wanted her for queen.

He's between a rock and a hard place - and so am I cos I've gone off topic - sorry!

EDIT UPDATE

Laura seen kissing fellow gold medalllist Kenny at the beach volley ball. Thats GB Cycling 2, GB Royals 0!

Last edited:
cepe said:
I agree its not a serious date and she is a great girl but not suitable. I'm not being critical - I wouldn't have been suitable material either.

I hesitate to say this but he needs someone suitable to be a potential queen. I know some might disagree, but think back to Sarah Furguson - lovely girl, lively, athletic, fun but no one would have ever wanted her for queen.

He's between a rock and a hard place - and so am I cos I've gone off topic - sorry!

EDIT UPDATE

Laura seen kissing fellow gold medalllist Kenny at the beach volley ball. Thats GB Cycling 2, GB Royals 0!

Barring tragedy, Harry's wife will never be Queen.

As long as they only drink them occasionally, I don't really see a problem. There are worse things they could be exposed to as far as their health.

I do love that CP Mathilde brought along fresh fruit(apples) for her youngsters when she had them with her in the stands a few days ago...very good and healthy example she was setting!

I do love that CP Mathilde brought along fresh fruit(apples) for her youngsters when she had them with her in the stands a few days ago...very good and healthy example she was setting!

That's so nice! I didn't see the pictures. I'll look for them. Yes, nice example! :flowers:

I found a video of the Dannebrog arriving in London. I thought it was quite magnificent! What a wonderful idea. Is the Royal Family actually sleeping on board?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16zrcAkEFC4

http://www.fort-lauderdale-marine-directory.com/news/t/29608.php

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as they only drink them occasionally, I don't really see a problem. There are worse things they could be exposed to as far as their health.

I agree; having a soft drink once in a while is not a big deal. I bet this was more like a 'special treat' due to the fact that they're at the Olympics (and who knows, maybe it was just easier to not argue about having a soda in the middle of a crowded stadium, in front of the world press). Another point is that we don't know what these two like in terms of food. Personally, I don't see Mary and Frederik as the types of parents that would encourage unhealthy habits, given that they expose the kids to sports, so I think it's just a matter of giving them a treat.

That's so nice! I didn't see the pictures. I'll look for them. Yes, nice example! :flowers:

Yes, I have seen the pictures on several sites, Mathilde is pulling out apples from her duffel bag and handing them out to the little ones...Elisabeth and Gabriel are munching away.

So cute! :)

Ok so I am having trouble viewing page 32 but tomorrow The Duchess of Cambridge will attend Synchronize swimming at 15:00 BST, 10:00 EST and 7:00 PST then Prince Harry will visit Team GB house as well as attend the Athletics events. They start 9:00 BST, 4:00 EST, 1:00PST and run till 21:20 BST, 16:20 EST and 13:20 PSt not sure which exact one he will attend

Then on Friday the Duchess of Cambridge was supposed to attend the Gold Medal match in Filed Hockey but since Team GB is not in it I'd assume she would go to the Bronze Medal game instead

And Saturday the Duchess will attend the Men's 10 M diving this starts at 10:00 BST, 5:00 EST and 2:00 PST with the final at 20:30 BST, 15:30 EST and 12:30 PST

And finally on Sunday the Duchess of Cambridge along with Prince Harry will attend the closing ceremony at 1:00 pm PST 21:00 BST, 16:00 EST

Thank you for the updates, Ghost :flowers:. Things are beginning to wind down.

So long as Christian and Isabella aren't drinking 2-3 bottles of soda everyday I'm ok with. But they are really too young to be drinking sodas or any carbonated drinks. Not to mention the caffeine in sodas. You guys are probably right about it being a special treat as they are at the Olympics.

A gallery with the DRF cheering the handball team in the match against Sweden, where the team fought it's way to a spectacular second place: Massiv royal opbakning til svensker-nederlag | www.bt.dk

Yes, Juliette, The DRF are sleeping onboard Dannebrog.

- I see Isabella basically has the same view on handball that I have: A group of people toss a ball around a few times, then run to the other end of a short field and score. After which the other team toss the ball around, run back again and score. And they do that for half an hour! :confused:
Why not remain in the same end and take turn scoring?

Notice the blonde woman in red behind the royals. She's the Danish PM, and as you will observe the corners of her mouth are perpetually in twenty minutes past eight position. No doubt her negative vibrations influenced the game....

Our Marie has confirmed that she and her Joachim will bring their two children with them to London:
Billed-Bladet - Børnene med Marie til OL - Det bliver en udfordring

At a fashion show she told a BB reporter: "Yes, we will, with both children. That'll be challenge because Athena is still very small.
I hope it'll work out fine. But it's surely will".

And here we have a closer look at the "DRF-tattoo": http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelig...prinsesse Mary og boernenes OLtatovering.aspx

The keen-eyed will have noticed Christian's backpack from when he went onboard Dannebrog. Apart from his name there was also a copy of dad's shark-tattoo.

Ok so I am having trouble viewing page 32 but tomorrow The Duchess of Cambridge will attend Synchronize swimming at 15:00 BST, 10:00 EST and 7:00 PST then Prince Harry will visit Team GB house as well as attend the Athletics events. They start 9:00 BST, 4:00 EST, 1:00PST and run till 21:20 BST, 16:20 EST and 13:20 PSt not sure which exact one he will attend

Then on Friday the Duchess of Cambridge was supposed to attend the Gold Medal match in Filed Hockey but since Team GB is not in it I'd assume she would go to the Bronze Medal game instead

And Saturday the Duchess will attend the Men's 10 M diving this starts at 10:00 BST, 5:00 EST and 2:00 PST with the final at 20:30 BST, 15:30 EST and 12:30 PST

And finally on Sunday the Duchess of Cambridge along with Prince Harry will attend the closing ceremony at 1:00 pm PST 21:00 BST, 16:00 EST

What is the Princess Royal doing? As the President of the British Olympic Association and member of the IOC I find it hard to believe that she is doing nothing.

Kate's Olympic schedule really has been very intense and probably quite exhausting, and she's handled it like a champ. I feel like this has been very, very good for her, and that her confidence has really grown and it shows.

Kate's Olympic schedule really has been very intense and probably quite exhausting, and she's handled it like a champ. I feel like this has been very, very good for her, and that her confidence has really grown and it shows.

This is very, very true. I think if you look at how she comported herself couple of months ago, you can tell the difference. She's more sure of herself, and even though she still follows William's lead (which is fine, especially when they're doing a joint public appearance), there's a sense that she's coming more and more into herself in terms of her public persona. I think these Games were a great experience, and even though she had an official capacity, the events were still relatively informal (I'm not talking about the Buckingham Palace receptions and such, just the viewing of the sporting events). The factor of a 'relaxed' atmosphere did wonders. Catherine enjoys sports, so this was within her comfort zone.

Swedish Royals + Danish :) with many pictures!!!

http://svenskdam.se/2012/08/kunglig-handbollskamp-pa-laktaren/ *** translation

SVT-experten:
translation> SVT expert: "We got a better queen"

SVT's hand ball expert lyrical after Swedish victory
After 60 minutes of thrilling drama defeated the Swedish handball masters Denmark in the Olympic quarterfinals.
Then broke down completely for SVT's handball expert Magnus Grahn.
- We have high mountains, we got a better queen, we can go skiing and we are better in handball ... just today.

Sweden defeated Denmark in a very exciting Olympic quarterfinals in last night.
At position 23-22 walled themselves Niclas Ekberg was a neutral, jumped up and put the nail in the coffin at 24-22.
SVT's Chris Härenstam yelled out that Sweden was ready for the semifinals. And expert Magnus Grahn, 48, went even further.
- We have high mountains, we got a better queen, we can go skiing and we are better in handball ... just today, screamed an overjoyed Grahn, while the Swedish team cheered on the field.
"Brann in my head"
The move has had a major impact on, inter alia, twitter and some say that it is already a modern classic. The main character himself explained his formulations in SVT's Olympic magazine later in the evening.
- Chris stood and waved me to summarize how the defense was. Then I thought rock and just when zoomed a TV camera into the king and queen, so I just burned it to the head, said Magnus Grahn.
Queen Silvia were also present and witnessed the drama from the stands.
- The king usually get the medals with them. There will be a medal this time, said the queen to Sportbladet after the game.
The Danish queen, Margrethe II, watched the game in place along with the entire Danish royal family. There was joy, for understandable reasons, not as great. But they were nevertheless significant in the loss and congratulated the Swedish royal couple to the success.
"So ****ing awesome"
But it was not just Magnus Grahn - triple gold coach of Hammarby 2006-2008 - which was euphoric after the game. Radiosporten expert, former niometerskrigaren Magnus Wislander, was teary-eyed and stood up and photographed in the middle of transmission .
- I thought this was so ****ing awesome, explained Magnus Wislander afterwards.

Kungens hyllning | OS 2012 | Sportbladet | Aftonbladet
Translation>
The King tribute

royal entertainment, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia enjoyed to the fullest rysarmatch against European champions Denmark. "There are no words to express how exciting it was," says King.

Carl XVI Gustaf to Sportbladet: "It was fantastic ..."
LONDON. excitement was great for the players - and for the royal audience.
After the success celebrated King Carl Gustaf and hero Dalibor Doder with a double high five.

- The plug is out, now it has been released, said the king to Sportbladet.
- It was just fun to high FIVA with the king ... and the Queen, says Dalibor Doder.
The Scandinavian thriller kept his grip on the audience in Copper Box in London last night.
Among the spectators was the royal couple, who clapped, cheered and cheered until handball team to critical victory in the quarter-finals.
WHIRL OF HAPPINESS
After the final whistle joy was immense, the players threw themselves into a big pile and when Dalibor Doder was on his way out of the plan, he fell suddenly in a royal
WHIRL OF HAPPINESS.
King Carl Gustaf met Olympic player in a double high five.
Who took the initiative?
- Both of them, says Dalibor Doder.
It came spontaneously?
- Yes, they were all happy.
No hovbugningar then?
- No, but we thought not of the stuff right then. It was just so happy ....
Did you talk to the royal pair?
- No, they just congratulated and thanked me and then I had to go out in the mixed zone.
Sportbladet had an exclusive chat with King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia for a while after the game.
- There are no words to express how exciting it was. It was fantastic, it was fun to see. It was really a battle victory, says King Carl Gustaf.
Did you think that the Swedes would solve it at 22-22?
- Always difficult, but yes. I saw when they played against France and it was just as good, but it was different because it was a Scandinavian game in any way.
The king will be understood semi-final against Hungary?
- Yes, it's hard to stay away now ...
How far can it?
- I think that Sweden has an equally strong team like France. Now it has released.
Win Some Silvia
The Queen smiles and then says she is friendly and spontaneously to Sportbladet:
- The king usually get the medals with them. The medal this time

Great Gallery > http://multimedia.ctk.cz/en/foto/se...rvice[]=3&service[]=4&service[]=5&service[]=6

I love this pictures :twohearts:
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto//2012/08/08/7800313/5/F201208080695501.jpeg
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto//2012/08/08/7800319/5/F201208080696101.jpeg
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto//2012/08/08/7800312/5/F201208080695401.jpeg
and some funny
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto//2012/08/08/7800296/5/F201208080694001.jpeg
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto//2012/08/08/7800301/5/F201208080694501.jpeg

Princess Haya, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia at Individual Jumping Equestrian Finals

http://multimedia.ctk.cz/en/foto/document/7799586/olympics-2012-royals-7799586
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/en/foto/document/7799501/olympics-2012-royals-7799501
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/en/foto/document/7799505/olympics-2012-royals-7799505

Great pictures and article, Mag! Thank you for sharing.

Great pictures of the Swedish Royals and Danish. I love to see that royalty can have a good time, cheer and be happy or sad during sports events. It doesn´t take any of their digity or majesty away - on the contrary it shows their human side with lots of humour.
(loved that photo where the King is shouting and a lady in front is shading her ears!!!)

According to this article, prince Felipe arrives to London today, he will attend the final of women's water polo Spain - USA. Princess Letizia and surprisingly also queen Sofia will travel to London later (a change to the original plans, the queen was supposed to attend only at the opening). The exact time when they arrive has not been given. They will all stay in London until the end and attend the closing ceremony.
El príncipe viaja hoy a Londres para asistir a la final de waterpolo femenino - Terra España
Google translation

According to this article, prince Felipe arrives to London today, he will attend the final of women's water polo Spain - USA. Princess Letizia and surprisingly also queen Sofia will travel to London later (a change to the original plans, the queen was supposed to attend only at the opening). The exact time when they arrive has not been given. They will all stay in London until the end and attend the closing ceremony.
El príncipe viaja hoy a Londres para asistir a la final de waterpolo femenino - Terra España
Google translation
Let´s hope he´ll have something great to watch. Go Spanish water-girls!!:spainflag:

OLYMPIC PROGRAM FOR THURSDAY 9 AUGUST 2012

HM The Queen:
Kayaking (Men and Women, finals) at Eton Dorney Rowing Centre at. 9.30.

Riding, Dressage (Individual - Grand Prix Freestyle, Finals) at Greenwich Park, afternoon.

Queen departing from London in the evening.

Crown Prince:
Kayaking (Men and Women, finals) at Eton Dorney Rowing Centre at. 9.30.
Source: kongehuset.dk

Summary of a lot of articles in Billed Bladet #32, 2012
Written by our man in London, the Ulrik Ulriksen.

Finally! After fifteen days it was time to see dad again. Christian and Isabella, both carrying their schoolbags on their bags. (*) Both with their names stenciled on the bag, and with Christian's bag adorned with a copy of dad's shark-tattoo. (I can't make out what Isabella has on hers).
Past the sentry at the foot of the landing, past the saluting officer of the watch and... where is dad? There! Christian darted across the deck to his dad and flew into his arms, with Bella in hot pursuit.
Mary followed with her camera (Nikon). She too got a hug and a kiss.

In the evening there was a reception for the Danish athletes onboard Dannebrog and you have probably seen the group photo by now.

Tuesday 10.00, now for some Olympics!
Isabella and Christian, both wearing the official Vero Moda polo-shirts, ran down the landing, past the sentry. Oh, photographers. Christian stood still and posed, looking just like an adult, who is posing while trying to look natural. :p
Bella on the other hand was natural. She just smiled at the photographers and started walking towards them, well, she put in a few dance-steps too, before she was reined in and posed with mum, dad, and big brother, who was still posing as stiff a any professional.

- And this is where BB had it's deadline. So more next week.

The family lives onboard Dannebrog, while in London. Frederik has for a period lived at Hilton Hotel in London in his capacity as an IOC member. (I guess that was more practical).

Last week there was a reception for the Danish athletes at Natural History Museum and here QMII gave a speech and said among other things: "What wonderful days you have given us. It has been a big experience to see the Danish athletes. It's enchanting to watch and we are very poud to have the opportunity to follow it. That applies to myself. It applies to the Prince Consort, who has had some fine experiences and it applies to the Crown Prince who follow everything, I believe.
It also applies to Princess Benedikte and soon also to Prince Joachim. And then we are not sorry that we also have a family member who is a competitor on the elite level and (who is) present at the Olympics. (**)
We are rejoicing over the medals. We wish you a continuing really good Olympic Games. May it be with delight that you return to Denmark, with or without medals but with a fine bowtie.... in both ears. (***)
Happy continuation".

This was an improvised speech as there were no papers on the rostrum and QMII doesn't believe in fanciful things like a teleprompter.

While the DRF, and Dannebrog, was in London, the ship was put to good use when a reception for Danish commerce in London took place on her quarter deck. That was hosted by Prince Henrik who joked around and ensured the mood was high.

Mary wasn't the only one who has been observed leaning her head against her husband. (Mary because she apparantly needed a power-nap). Charlene also used her husbands shoulder to lean on, so did Countess Stephanie. Guillaume obviously didn't mind at all!
Mette-Marit used her husbands knee and hand as a headrest, while Kate and William contended themselves with an embrace.

If you look careful at the pictures of Isabella you will notice a gold bracelet on her left wrist. She was presented with that on her fifth birtday as a part of an ongoing tradition in the DRF.

(*) The summer holiday is almost over, most schools will start on Monday. Christian will start in first grade and Isabella will start in pre-school, so now she'll attend the same school as her brother.
Isabella will presumably start in another week or so from now.

(**) Princess Nathalie, equestrian.

(***) I don't know what she refers to here. :ermm:

Last edited:
May it be with delight that you return to Denmark, with or without medals but with a fine bowtie.... in both ears. (***)

Could she have meant the English expression "a smile from ear to ear"?

It's a well-known English expression. When you're really happy about something you grin from ear to ear.

Summary of a lot of articles in Billed Bladet #32, 2012
Written by our man in London, the Ulrik Ulriksen.

(...)

(*) The summer holiday is almost over, most schools will start on Monday. Christian will start in first grade and Isabella will start in pre-school, so now she'll attend the same school as her brother.
Isabella will presumably start in another week or so from now.

(**) Princess Nathalie, equestrian.

Hej Muhler and thanks for posting :flowers:

A little off-topic question..

Are you sure Isabella starting in school this year? Did you read it in Billedbladet? I actually thought she would start next year.

It's a well-known English expression. When you're really happy about something you grin from ear to ear.

Oh yes, I'm familiar with the English expression, but QMII spoke in Danish.

Hej Muhler and thanks for posting :flowers:

A little off-topic question..

Are you sure Isabella starting in school this year? Did you read it in Billedbladet? I actually thought she would start next year.

You are welcome. :)
No, not in Billed Bladet, in BT or TV2 some time back.
I was half expecting a feature about Isabella starting in school in this weeks issue of BB.

On another note. Here is a gallery of Catherine and William cheering: Se billederne: Kate lader følelserne få frit løb under OL | www.bt.dk

Back
Top Bottom