Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beatrice and Eugenie and the Duchess of York was also there.

Pics of the Princesses and their mother (as well as of other royals who attended today) can be found here:

** zimbio/gettyimages: Olympics - Day 11 - Royals at the Olympics **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Olympics Day 11 - Cycling **

** zimbio/PacificCoastNews: Ludacris and Others at the Olympics **

As mentioned Queen Margrethe has hosted a reception for the Danish Olympic Team on the Royal Yacht Dannebrog
at West India Dock on August 7:

** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **

We got a brief glimpse from a distance of the royals at the veladrome (sp?)on NBC's broadcast, and I could've sworn it was William with Harry. Strong Windsor genes I guess.

It's actually good to see Sarah with Eugenie an Beatrice. She's kept a low profile for awhile. Plus, I think she looked nice- she's aged, but I think it suits her.

William is back at RAF Valley at work AFAIK. He will not be attending any more events. Carl Gustaf is in the stadium sat behind Lord Coe and Sir Roger Bannister.

Last edited:
We got a brief glimpse from a distance of the royals at the veladrome (sp?)on NBC's broadcast, and I could've sworn it was William with Harry. Strong Windsor genes I guess.

After seeing the pics above I had the same thought...there's definately a resemblance between Peter and William.

LaRae

I like Anne, I think she's awesome, but someone please give her an updated haircut! LOL I think she takes after her mother for being so very dedicated to one look.

I really love that picture of Harry and Anne and I love how Harry looks like a little boy thinking "not in front of my friends!" Anne's just wonderful, you can't help but loving her.

I like Anne, I think she's awesome, but someone please give her an updated haircut! LOL I think she takes after her mother for being so very dedicated to one look.

To me it would be weird if she changed her hairstyle, it's just a part of her being her.

Aw love seeing Harry and his aunt also loved seeing the Greeks and the Danes and the British all together.

So run down for tomorrow has the Duchess of Cambridge at Synchronized Swimming at 15:00 BST,10:00 EST and 7:00 PST then they have Prince Harry visiting Team GB house and after that Harry will attend the Athletics at Olympic park which starts at 9:00 BST and runs till 21:20 BST , 16:20 EST and 13:20 PST which I believe is the final.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it´s Princess Benedikte, Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Anne :flowers:

Ooops! My bad, that is indeed Princess Benedikte. I just love seeing them all together, especially the shot of Princess Anne.

Anne could get an updated haircut without harming her image, imo.
also,Her son Peter and William have more than a passing resemblence which is interesting.

Pics of the Princesses and their mother (as well as of other royals who attended today) can be found here:

** zimbio/gettyimages: Olympics - Day 11 - Royals at the Olympics **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Olympics Day 11 - Cycling **

** zimbio/PacificCoastNews: Ludacris and Others at the Olympics **

As mentioned Queen Margrethe has hosted a reception for the Danish Olympic Team on the Royal Yacht Dannebrog
at West India Dock on August 7:

** gettyimages gallery ** daylife **
How did they sneak Sarah in?

Last edited by a moderator:
prisscess of may said:
and for Kate i wish she can take time off from playing cheer leader to put some effort on other charity work she does not have to attend all events, she can do some work instead of watching others doing it.

I'm sorry you don't see being around people for entire days at a time as work. She's doing a great deal as the Olympic Ambassador for Team GB. Attending events and chatting with the athletes and coaches, as well as visiting the Olympic Village are not done for the heck of it. She's raising awareness of sports, which will lead to more children getting involved, and that's extremely important. She's also representing her nation, which in and of itself is a lot of pressure. Do give her a break, and try to see things from another point of view.

MichelleQ2 said:

I really love this sweet moment between nephew and aunt.

COESpiral said:

That girl never wears her hair down anymore! She looks younger with it down, considering she's going to be 62 a week from today. I love the interview of her and Terry Wogan. She's about 35
there, and her hair stretches down to below her shoulder blades, with the edges pulled back.

I love the image of Catherine and Sophie, i put it on my tumblr. I would love to see their photos!

I'm sure there would a great deal of very amusing and candid images :D. It would be lovely to get a small peak :lol:.

Here's another nice gallery from August 6 including Prince Albert, Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Máxima and others:

** pp: JO - Les princes Albert et Willem-Alexander complices, Maxima orange de plaisir **

I love the enthusiasm on Willem-Alexander's face in some of the pictures. He was really getting into it with the cheering :cool:.

For real I have finally lost my mind. Ok I am SO sorry I was wrong Prince Harry will be at Beach Volleyball today(August 8th), not yesterday no wonder he went to Track Cycling. And the Duchess will be at Synchronized Swimming tomorrow and Harry will be at Athletics and Team GB house tomorrow as well.(August 9th) Ugh I am so sorry for confusing everyone. I was just looking over my notes now and realized my mistake.

For real I have finally lost my mind. Ok I am SO sorry I was wrong Prince Harry will be at Beach Volleyball today(August 8th), not yesterday no wonder he went to Track Cycling. And the Duchess will be at Synchronized Swimming tomorrow and Harry will be at Athletics and Team GB house tomorrow as well.(August 9th) Ugh I am so sorry for confusing everyone. I was just looking over my notes now and realized my mistake.

Oh, welcome to my world :lol: :ROFLMAO:. I've been in that state for quite some time :D. Seriously, I think lack of sleep is catching up with us (well me definitely). On that note, I think I really do need to get off of here. It's quite late (more like 'early', since it's three in the morning here in NYC). As always, thank you so much for all your updates. You do a terrific job.

Great pictures. It´s nice to see royalty not only participating, but getting together, enjoying events together and having fun.
Lovely picture of Christian an isabella running. They look very happy.

People have been urging Anne to update her hair style for years. I think the fact that she's chosen not to do so suggests she's perfectly comfortable with her style and sees no reason to change it.

I actually admire Anne's lack of vanity and determination to simply be herself, whatever the prevailing fashion may be. If only many more women and girls had her self-confidence.

This must be a thrilling time for Anne given all the work she's put in with Locog and the BOA. She must be hugely pleased at the way things have gone so far.

Back
Top Bottom