Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited by a moderator:
Frederik is giving medals to the men's lightweight finalists. Denmarks is bronze and gb silver

Sophie, Louise and James are at the Individual dressage. Images on isopix.be. I am on my phone so i can't link.

William isn't there next week as he's back on duty at RAF Valley.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #31, 2012.
Mary og Frederik i legehumør - Mary and Frederik in playful mood.
Written by our London correspondent Ulrik Ulriksen.

Who caught up with M&F when they on the first day of the Olympics visited the Olympic village, where the athletes are housed. They posed for a few photos while acting playful and being almost giggly.

Frederik: "You can have a couple of pictures but then it has to be over here. With the proper background and not over there at the garbage cans".

Q: You have just been to Aquatics Center to watch swimming and how was it to be at the first competition with Danes in action?
F: "It was fun to be at swimming today. It's always fun to see the first participants in a competition. (*) It was fun to see the Danes put the grab (slang for hand) in the water for the first time".

Q: You were very active on the stands today but it's a long Olympics. Do you think you will last all the way as Olympicporters? (**)
Mary: "Olympicporters.... that's a funny name. But you have to hold out all the way", she said to Frederik.
As an IOC member Frederik will stay in London throughout the Olympics, while Mary now has gone back to DK.
F: "Yes, I have to hold out all the way, and I will. I think there is plenty of good atmosphere/spirit left. I have good expectations and the excitement will be turned up".

Q: What do you think of the London Olympics so far?
M: "So far I think that it turns out to be very promising. And it will be a big experience in many different ways. It was an outstanding opening yesterday with lots of good British humour and delights for the eyes, so that was really good".

Q: What do you think of Queen Elizabeth's talent as actress in the segment during the opening ceremony with the James Bond-actor Daniel Craig?
M: "That was well done. Really great. It was good that she was in on it/that she was game".
F: "That was really well done. Yes, that was grand. Can't get any better".

Saturday evening M&F watched the Danish handball ladies in a match again Sweden and Mary was observed leaning her head against Frederik's shoulder for a brief power-nap. (I believe there are photos of that moment somewhere).

M&F were not the only ones from the DRF cheering the Danish athletes. Queen Margrethe, who has never shown much interest, let alone knowledge about sports in general, is not one to hold back when it's time for cheering alongside Princess Benedikte, Prince Henrik not to mention Master of Ceremonies, Christian Eugen Olsen and the Chief of Court, Christian Schønau, who all have a much more keen insight into sports. She applauded, shouted and cheered as the rest of them when they watched the handball match, where Mary had a brief shut-eye.
One of the Danish spectators, who were equally busy keeping an eye on the game as wel as on the royal cheerleaders, said afterwards: "It's cool that the royals will support the girls", and added that the royals gave the other spectators extra energy to cheer the Danish team.

Another article mentions that the Belgian CP-couple, Philippe and Mathilde went to see the musical The Lion King, with their four children.
As for the CP-couples in general, it was basically one big gettogether. M&F were observed having a good time with the CP-couples from Luxembourg, Norway and the Netherlands. Mary appears to have developed a rapport with Charlene of Monaco.

(*) No, I don't know what he means either.

(**) Actually OLigans. Wordplay on roligans, which is the name for the Danish predominanty soccer supporters. The very loud, festive and very peaceful supporters that is.

Last edited:
Daniel and Carl Philip are now watching Men's Double Trap and swedish Håkan Dahlby.

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
After Murray's match, Will and Kate watched the first set of the Djokovic-Tsonga match that will decide his semi-final opponent.

Mark Stewart@RegalEyes
Another amazing #Olympic #Gold from Peter Wilson in shooting. Watched by the Princess Royal, husband Tim and daughter in law Autumn Phillips

From what i can see on TV Princess Anne and Tim with i think Princess Beatrice are at the shooting competition where Peter Wilson the British competitor is leading

Did Nathalie SWB ride in Grand Prix Dressage for Denmark today? I see that Denmark is currently 2nd in team standings behind Team GB but did not see her listed amongst the competitors. Perhaps she is in tomorrows groupings?

Mark Stewart@RegalEyes
Another amazing #Olympic #Gold from Peter Wilson in shooting. Watched by the Princess Royal, husband Tim and daughter in law Autumn Phillips

And silver for swedish Håkan Dahlby, watched by princes Daniel and Carl Philip.

Did Nathalie SWB ride in Grand Prix Dressage for Denmark today? I see that Denmark is currently 2nd in team standings behind Team GB but did not see her listed amongst the competitors. Perhaps she is in tomorrows groupings?

Nathalie's turn at the dressage is at 12:33pm tomorrow (August 3rd).

Frederik is giving medals to the men's lightweight finalists. Denmarks is bronze and gb silver

Here are some pics of that:

Crown Prince Frederik during the medal ceremony for the Lightweight Men's Four final at Eton Dorney on August 2, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Máxima with daughters and nieces attended the women's preliminary round beach volleyball match between The Netherlands' Sanne Keizer and Marleen van Iersel and Argentina's Maria Virginia Zonta and Ana Gallay at Horse Guards Parade also today, August 2.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

And here are some of the mentioned pics of the Countess of Wessex with her children at the Dressage Grand Prix
(meeting Princess Benedikte):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Countess of Wessex also watched a boxing match together with the Duke of Edinburgh and the Earl of Wessex:

Last edited:
Here are some pics of that:

And here are some of the mentioned pics of the Countess of Wessex with her children at the Dressage Grand Prix
(meeting Princess Benedikte):

Louise is channeling her Auntie Anne in that third picture!

Little James is quite possibly the coolest dude I've ever seen. He's working those sunglasses! :cool:

The Duke of Edinburgh, the Earl and Countess of Wessex attended the Men's Boxing on Day 6 of the Olympic Games at ExCeL.

- Prince Philip, Prince Edward and Sophie 1
- Prince Philip, Prince Edward and Sophie 2

Later in the day, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Princess Anne, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie attended track cycling:

- William and Kate 1
- William and Kate 2
- William and Kate 3

- Princess Anne, Prince Edward and Sophie
- Princess Anne and the Earl of Wessex
- Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie

Gallery from Getty

I'm really loving Kate's ponytail hairstyle.

We all know that Queen Elizabeth II is also Queen of Canada, Queen of Australia, .... Does the members of her family support only Great Britain or do they also support the teams of Canada, Australia,...?

We all know that Queen Elizabeth II is also Queen of Canada, Queen of Australia, .... Does the members of her family support only Great Britain or do they also support the teams of Canada, Australia,...?

The support those Commmonwealth teams too. In fact, William and Kate and Harry visited Australian and Canadian teams in the athlete's village over last few days.:flowers:

I do think they root for the Great Britain team with a tiny bit more fervor which is totally understandable IMO.

I think it was commented that the 1st gold in rowing was a Commonwealth sweep.... GB, Aus, NZ

Last edited:
Wow, there have been some really lovely pics of William and Kate from the past few days - they usually aren't so affectionate in public, and it's lovely to see. (A lot of other royal couples have been very sweet too, but I'm more accustomed to it from some of them!)

Little James is quite possibly the coolest dude I've ever seen. He's working those sunglasses! :cool:

:previous:
My thought also :)
He is so cute..... little dude ;)

Nice to see finally Wessex's family. And positively I'm suprice , although I was hoping , they bring James and Louise too :flowers::flowers::flowers:

James breaks my heart, he is such a dude. Those sunglasses were adorable, and the little image and him and Louise making faces at each other were the cutest images. What adorable little children.

Love all the images of the Royals at the cycling, especially their celebration!

He is soo cute. how old is he now? Can't belived how the kids are growing so fast.

So Happy for Edward & Sophie. Looks like they got it RIGHT.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom