Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
During the opening ceremony when Spain came out I saw queen Sofia on Spain happily waving from above in the stands.

Charles and Camilla talked with the ciclists and after that Charles attended a badminton competition
prince charles july 28 - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Mike was seen at Greenwich Park where the equestrian competitions take place
http://news.daylife.com/search?q=mike+tindall+july+28

Great pics of Maxima and Willem with the girls. Amalia does with her father what I did with mine when I was a kid: play with him all the time, mess with his hair... not leaving him alone. Poor Willem eh eh eh

It's nice to see the royals bringing their kids as they grow. London is a perfect place since it's so close. Looking foward to see the danish kids, if they are really here.

BTW, there is no royal from Sweden, there is?

Last edited:
Prince Philippos looks very much like his dad did in his younger days.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Indeed. It must be like one big informal family gathering.

During the opening ceremony when Spain came out I saw queen Sofia on Spain happily waving from above in the stands.

That was one Queen that was really into the spirit of supporting her home team. She wasn't just waving, she was jumping up and down too in a very unqueenly manner. I loved it! :flowers:

I was at the swimming and I can say it was 1 big happy family

good to see the Aussies take on the dutch

BTW, there is no royal from Sweden, there is?

Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip are arriving on Monday and leave the Olympics on Friday. King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia are at the Olympics from 7th August until the end.

Last edited:
Sheikh Nasser head of the Olympic delegation with Bahrain Foreign Minister Sheikh Khalid

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Duke of Cambridge is attending the Equestrian event in a few mins(still no updates online!) and later he will be attending Team GB's soccer match

https://twitter.com/RegalEyes
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Nice to see Zara Phillips supported by Grandpa the Duke of Edinburgh and mum the Princess Royal as she rides High Kingdom at the Olympics

Thanks LadyFinn I finally got usagoals.com to work

Here's a pic of the family I dunno where the DOC was though since he was supposed to attend to support his cousin
http://i50.tinypic.com/2zxshvk.jpg

https://twitter.com/RegalEyes
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Great dressage performance for Zara Phillips and High Kingdom at the Olympics, supported by husband Mike Tindall.

I felt sorry for Queen Sofia who was on her own,when we saw the other Royals most of them were in pairs.I might have missed something but I had hoped that Infanta Pilar might be seated with the queen,she accompanied Her Majesty to all other events this week.Both sister in laws seem quite close and enjoy each others company.

In saying all that,Queen Sofia looked delighted to be there and waved with much enthusiasm.

Queen Margrethe saying a few words to TV2 after a handball match: "Lidt uventet og helt pragtfuldt" - TV 2 Nyhederne

She said: "It was fantastically exciting to watch. I don't understand much about handball, but I understood that this was a bit unexpected and utterly wonderful".

Q: They were behind?
QMII: "That may be".

Also present to cheer the victorious Danish team ;) were Princess Benedikte and Prince Henrik.

I missed Zara's performance as the channels were showing other events. Its great to see her supported by her family. Was her brother there as well?

Just watched Zara compete. Princess Benedikte was seated on the Princess Royal's right and the Duke of Edinburgh on her left.

Last edited:
Last edited:
July 29: Crown Prince Haakon was at the men's lightweight double sculls at Eaton Dorney earlier. They were with IOC President Jacques Rogge.

Pic One

Last edited:
Enthousiastic about the Luxembourg & Norway pix !!! I love to see them all together, especially with some of my very favourites : MM, Tessy !!!!! Pix to treasure !!!!:)

Events for the Danish Royals today:

Frederik and Mary have attended the swimming heats this morning (10:00).
Henrik will attend the badminton this afternoon (13:00).
Henrik will attend the swimming finals this evening (19:30).
Henrik will attend the Denmark-Hungary handball match this evening (20:15).

Isn't that Princess Benedickte of Berleberg (Denmark) with the Princess Royal and DOE?

It was Princess Benedikte indeed, speaking of which does anyone know when her daughter, Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg is going to compete?

It was Princess Benedikte indeed, speaking of which does anyone know when her daughter, Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg is going to compete?

August 2-3 Individual Dressage Grand Prix
August 7 Grand Prix Special
August 9 Grand Prix Freestyle

I felt sorry for Queen Sofia who was on her own,when we saw the other Royals most of them were in pairs.I might have missed something but I had hoped that Infanta Pilar might be seated with the queen,she accompanied Her Majesty to all other events this week.Both sister in laws seem quite close and enjoy each others company.

In saying all that,Queen Sofia looked delighted to be there and waved with much enthusiasm.

Queen Sofia was as representative of Spain, Infanta Pilar as a member of the International Olympic Committee, so they sat in different places. Queen Sofia left London after the opening, Infanta Pilar and some of her children stay there watching the competitions.

Back
Top Bottom