Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One royal who won't be attending the Olympic Games this year is crown princess Victoria of Sweden, Estelle is too little to go to London with her and have decided to stay at home instead, so it's only prince Carl Philip and prince Daniel who will be supporting Swedish athletes in London this week. Kronprinsessan ställer in sin OS-resa | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Just saw William and Harry at gymnastics. They didn't seem very excited about it though

I'm pretty sure William and Harry were exited - Team GB won a silver, after all. :)

I'm pretty sure William and Harry were exited - Team GB won a silver, after all. :)

Bronze now as Japan questioned a score. Still it is a medal, but i am sure they are disappointed.

We won bronze, no make that silver, ooops bronze after all. Still great for Team GB. Harry looked like he was holding his breath throughout the final floor routine.

ghost_night554 said:
Kate's now at the royal academy Olympic reception

It's not an Olympic event as far as I know so it's being discussed in the current events thread for Catherine. It's a reception for creative businesses I believe.

It's not an Olympic event as far as I know so it's being discussed in the current events thread for Catherine. It's a reception for creative businesses I believe.

I read this and that's why I considered it an Olympic event originally. Since the campaign sorta used the Olympics as a platform but now I'm posting my updates in the DOC current events thread like you suggested.
The event at the Royal Academy of Arts in London is part of the Government's GREAT campaign, which aims to use the platform of the Olympic and Paralympic Games to showcase Britain's capabilities and promote and enhance the country's reputation abroad.
The Press Association: Kate to attend creativity reception

Last edited:
It's over 100 years since the British men's team won an Olympic medal in gymnastics. We hadn't even made the final for decades, so to get a medal of any colour is a wonderful achievement for all involved.

Crown Prince Frederik was watching Denmark's two badminton matches tonight, cheering on Peter Gade first and then Tine Baun.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love seeing royals bring their kids to this kind of events^^
its a pity that Christian, Isabella, Marius, Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus arent attending the games...;_;

i wonder if when Felipe and Letizia come to the games, if they'll bring Leonor and Sofia, i really hope so

http://tinyurl.com/cuu2o3c

http://tinyurl.com/cb6lhnn

http://tinyurl.com/dx9elae

http://tinyurl.com/d339egn

Well, for me, the jury is in - Stephanie should not wear her hair pulled back imo. It adds years to her face somehow. However, regardless, she remains a very engaging woman to look at. Something about her comes through (for me) as very warm and kind - even delicate. He remains intensely aware of her. In nearly every photograph his body posture is alive to her. He is in love - as, I think, is she. I think they appreciate each other in ways no one else does or can. They have a 'secret'. That's true love. :flowers:

Tyger said:
Well, for me, the jury is in - Stephanie should not wear her hair pulled back imo. It adds years to her face somehow.:

I don't know, simply because the one close-up was from a bad angle. She certainly has great bone structure, so I'd be surprised if she didn't look good with her hair pulled back.

I think it would be better if her hair framed her face; she has rather sharp features and a prominent nose, so the pulled-back hair doesn't do her any favors.

Also, I think the dress is awful!

The dress is very odd, agreed. But she's charming and it's not out of place. She will have her own style?

As for her hair, the only thing which would really work if she does not pull it back is to cut it.
It's rather long and shaggy when she lets it all down, which is fine for a young girl but she will now be a matron. She would look more youthful with a shorter cut, whether or not she got it permed. Her long straight blonde hair is so distinctive in the family, however, that one would really want to put a perm on it. I think she looks fine with the hair pulled back, even if it's slightly severe. She is her own personality and it suits her.

Still my favorite couple in the present generation!

Last edited:
Looks like a warm relationship between all mentioned.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom