Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That isn't Kate - that's a look a like in a looka like outfit from the Royal Jubilee. Richard Palmer from the Express confirmed this early today.

Sorry if this has been said already.
Cepe thank you very much for the clarification.:flowers: I appreaciate it. I totally missed that tweet prob cause my twitter is flooded with tweets bout the Olympics I can't keep up!! :lol: I have since edited my post and included Richard's tweet.

So a quick recap from me for tomorrow. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with Prince Harry will attend the Equestrian Events in the morning at 12:30 BST, 7:30 EST and 4:30am PST. Prince Harry will also attend the men's 10M diving at 15:00 BST,10:00 EST and 7:00 PST The Duke and his brother will also visit Team GB House. The Duchess will attend the UK's Creative Industries Reception later at night at the Royal Academy of Arts. I won't be able to cover the events tomorrow cause I'm busy all day but I'll catch up once I get back.

Last edited:

Crown Princess Mathilde and Crown Prince Philippe attended a reception celebrating the first Belgian bronze medal
of the 2012 Olympics, at the Belgian House on Sunday, July 29. Judoka Charline Van Snick had won it.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Prince Albert was invited to an Olympic Dinner on board of the German MS Deutschland on July 29, 2012.

** gettyimages gallery **

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik met members of the Team Australia:

** au.news video: Princess Mary meets Aussie team **

And here's another gallery with pics of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attending the swimming competitions, including one
with Crown Princess Mary:

** zimbio: Prince Albert II of Monaco and his wife Princess Charlene enjoy the Swimming finals...**

and two mixed galleries of various royals attending so far:

** sn.dk: Se billederne: Kongelige til OL **

** lehtikuva.fi: Kuninkaallisia kisavieraita **

Last edited:
Wasnt it said that Kate would attend the/a judo event? Do we know when?

In the information released to the press, Catherine will attend Equestrian Events at Greenwich today and tomorrow and then go to the athletes village tomorrow evening.
Tennis on Thursday, Swimming on Friday, Hockey on Saturday, Gymnastics and Athletics on Sunday, Sailing next Monday, Synchronised Swimming next Wednesday, Hockey Sessions if they qualify on Friday 10th and last the 10m Mens Diving next Saturday.

According to the website of the swedish royal court, crown princess Victoria doesn't attend at the Olympics although it was at the calendar for a long time. Princes Daniel and Carl Philip represent Sweden this week.

Bertil Ternert, the chef of the press department of the court told to Svensk Damtidning:
- There is nothing strange about this. The Crown Princess gives priority to be at home with Princess Estelle instead.
Is there any particular reason, a disease?
- No, nothing like that. It is a great complexity to bring along a small child in this context and then the Crown Princess chose to stay in Sweden with Princess Estelle. The decision was made before the weekend.
Kronprinsessan Victoria stannar hemma från OS | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation

Probably she is still breastfeeding Estelle.
Good for her to have her priorities in order!

Crown Prince Haakon walks outside the Royal Artillery Barracks today. I guess Mette-Marit has returned to Norway.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00gq5RE7PbcHD/610x.jpg
Haakon at the Men's 10m Air Rifle final today.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06uK2SQ9bf9Jz/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eHh2qB2ebd7x/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02kZfbMcoq5SU/x610.jpg

Daniel and Carl Philip arrive to London in the afternoon. Bertil Ternert from the press department says that Crown Princess chose to set up because of the complexity of the trip. It had become too hard for her and Estelle. - It is often this way when the travel date is approaching and we are making the detailed plans. Then it becomes clearer what the journey will bring. You can see all the consequences.
In this case, the Crown Princess chose to stay home with her daughter instead of going with.
- This is similar with all other families with young children, says Bertil Ternert.
Kronprinsessan ställer in sin OS-resa | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Camilla, Catherine, William, Harry, Eugenie and Beatrice are all sat with Lord Coe watching the cross country course which is currently delayed due to an accident.

Camilla, Catherine, William, Harry, Eugenie and Beatrice are all sat with Lord Coe watching the cross country course which is currently delayed due to an accident.

What happened? Just come in from celebrating husband's birthday and missed the news. Was anyone hurt? Hope not.

EDIT

Just found out it was a loose horse - so that's ok. I used to live in Greenwich and know it well. Beautiful environment for such an event. Especially the Queen's House.

Last edited:
From what the commentators say it wasn't a lose horse a Chinese rider fell at the cricket ball, I haven't heard anything else but Mary King's ride was halted. Just had another fall, Canadian rider looked like a bad landing.

Princess Anne and Peter Phillips are stood down at the equestrian 'starting line' as well.

Last edited:
Kate's enroute to her last engagement
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal en route Kate's engagement tonight,London - she's without #William + #PrinceHarry. Princes will continue to indulge in the #Olympics
I'm guessing Harry missed the mens 10m final since it was at 7:00am PST and it's now 9:01AM PST
https://twitter.com/gordonrayner
Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner Prince Harry was expected at the diving today for Tom Daley but he's here at Greenwich for Zara with William and Kate...

British Royals ‏@britishroyals Next up: Princes William & Harry visit Team GB House #olympics, while Kate attends UK’s Creative Industries Reception at the Royal Academy

Last edited:
I can't even find William and Harry in that picture!

4Pam said:
I can't even find William and Harry in that picture!

Two guys, navy polos, Harry has his chin resting on his hand sort of middle to the right of the picture. Look for the empty chairs.

Yeah, that was definitely a lucky picture. Let us know if the commentators mention them, Lumutqueen.

4Pam, they're sitting in the middle. There are a row of empty chairs behind them and 2 empty chairs beside William.

Back
Top Bottom